#1 Edited by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Here Comes The War Of Kings

caption
Are you ready for Marvel's next event?  We'll finally get to find out what Havok, Rachel, Polaris, and the others have been doing all this time.  I like space stories and I like the X-Men but for some reason I can't get overly excited about this.  Chris Yost is writing so hopefully that will make me change my mind.
WAR OF KINGS lead-in!

The X-Men have been defeated. Havok , Polaris and the Starjammers are being held and tortured in the most secure prison in the universe. Marvel Girl, Korvus and Lilandra are being hunted by the Imperial Guard. Vulcan is Emperor of the Shi’Ar Empire and his expansion has begun. No King will stand when Vulcan and his armies are done. Join Christopher Yost (X-FORCE) and Dustin Weaver (Star Wars:KOTR) as they spin the story of a fight against insurmountable odds. Do not miss this mini-series that will change the shape of the Universe and pave the way for the War of Kings.

Staff
#2 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait.....I'm all about anything with Havok and I like Yost

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the penciler on this one? The art is really good!

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh..and how is Deathbird there? Is this a flashback? I'm pretty sure she was killed in Annihilation.

#5 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Who is the penciler on this one? The art is really good!"
Dustin Weaver
#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been excited about anything Shi'ar related, but Alex, Rachel, and Lorna make me happy.

Seems like all these events are going to "Change the shape of the universe."

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Who is the penciler on this one? The art is really good!"
Dustin Weaver"

Thanks,Kurrent.
#8 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio
Dustin Weaver.  Looks like he's done a bunch of Star Wars comics.  So this should be a piece of cake with all the space scenes.  That makes me feel a little better.  Often the space scenes are too...stereotypical.  If that makes any sense.
Staff
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Blackbolt doesn't kill Vulcan.I hate Blackbolt.For Marvel to even pretend he has a chance of beating Vulcan is ridiculous.

#10 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

BB is in this?

#11 Edited by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

BB is in the War Of Kings storyline.

Staff
#12 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

BB, Darkhawk, Nova etc....it's goign to be like Marvel Starwars

#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

#14 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Why?"
NO clue but I do know its going to be awesome and I hope Havok takes out Vulcan this time
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Why?"

War of the Kings...King Blackbolt & Emporer Vulcan...duh =]
#16 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

The guardians of the galaxy are supposed to be in this too.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"The guardians of the galaxy are supposed to be in this too."

I'm glad Vance is the leader now.Maybe he'll get some respect.
#18 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

He is?  I haven't read the last couple issues.  I like Warlock and all but he just doesn't seem the same. 

Staff
#19 Edited by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"He is?  I haven't read the last couple issues.  I like Warlock and all but he just doesn't seem the same. "
Well sorry for the spoilers but he's not on the team anymore.He doesn't seem the same because Phylla Vell screwed him over and woke him before he was finished transforming.The whole team quit except Vance,Rocket Raccoon,Groot,& Mantis.
#20 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, it's okay.  Who knows when or if I'd find the issues (I really need a new filing system).  So Phylla, Starlord, Gamora and Drax all quit?  Doesn't leave much of a team.

Staff
#21 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio
Damn... the Artwork looks amazing here
#22 Edited by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Nah, it's okay.  Who knows when or if I'd find the issues (I really need a new filing system).  So Phylla, Starlord, Gamora and Drax all quit?  Doesn't leave much of a team."

Yea..the new team is Vance Astro,Rocket Raccon,Groot,Mantis,& Bug.Starhawk is incarcerated,Drax is off with Phylla,Blastaar captured Starlord,and Adam is out to lead the Uinversal Church of Truth with Gamora.They are all still in the comic,just not on the team.
#23 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

That's cool.  I like when the status quo is messed up.  That way you never know what could happen.

Staff
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"That's cool.  I like when the status quo is messed up.  That way you never know what could happen."

Well this is better than the alternative..because it was rumored that they would have a new Guardians because they were all going to be killed off by the traitor of the group.
#25 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad they didn't have a Skrull in there.

Staff
#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Too bad they didn't have a Skrull in there."

Yea..that was pretty lame..they had SI issues.All signs were leading to Adam.He found skrulls but the whole team was fine..not a skrull in the bunch.
#27 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks so good!

Havok, Vulcan, Polaris, the art is great and it's written by Chris Yost!

I hope Havok kills Vulcan.

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:

"

I don't see how that can work...
#29 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"John Valentine said:

"

I don't see how that can work..."
Did you read Emperor Vulcan? Havok came pretty near close.
#30 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a bummer at how Vulcan's turned out.  His character had potential but he's been too whiney.  He acts like an 8 year old or something.  I just hope they don't have him repent and become good.  He's killed too many.

Staff
#31 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"It's a bummer at how Vulcan's turned out.  His character had potential but he's been too whiney.  He acts like an 8 year old or something.  I just hope they don't have him repent and become good.  He's killed too many."

I like him. The should make him even more savage.
#32 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought this comic was suppose to have black bolt in it, thats mostly the only reason im looking forward to reading it. inhumans my favorite group

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
Djinn said:
"i thought this comic was suppose to have black bolt in it, thats mostly the only reason im looking forward to reading it. inhumans my favorite group"
It does have Blackbolt in it.X-men War of the Kings is with the Star Jammers.Blackbolt is part of the main story.
#34 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Djinn said:
"i thought this comic was suppose to have black bolt in it, thats mostly the only reason im looking forward to reading it. inhumans my favorite group"
It does have Blackbolt in it.X-men War of the Kings is with the Star Jammers.Blackbolt is part of the main story."
This is Kingbreaker.....................not War of Kings.
#35 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I hope Blackbolt doesn't kill Vulcan.I hate Blackbolt.For Marvel to even pretend he has a chance of beating Vulcan is ridiculous."

??? Some new preppy/emo/villain/kid and BB doesn't stand a chance??? Ah, yeah, ok.G-Man said:
"It's a bummer at how Vulcan's turned out.  His character had potential but he's been too whiney.  He acts like an 8 year old or something.  I just hope they don't have him repent and become good.  He's killed too many."
Exactly! He's Marvels SBP (only in emo power, that is :-)
#36 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

BB would be killed by Vulcan.

#37 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"BB would be killed by Vulcan."

Far from it!
#38 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"John Valentine said:

Far from it!"

He's an Omega Level energy manipulator...... what does Black Bolt use?
#39 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Push said:
"John Valentine said:

Far from it!"

He's an Omega Level energy manipulator...... what does Black Bolt use?"

BB is a cosmic level character, who's been around a hell of alot longer that Vulcan  and is more adept and trained at using his powers that emo Vulcan!
#40 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"John Valentine said:
"Push said:
"John Valentine said:

Far from it!"

BB is a cosmic level character, who's been around a hell of alot longer that Vulcan  and is more adept and trained at using his powers that emo Vulcan!"
At the end of the day, BB's sonic blast power is still energy based.
#41 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

John Valentine said:

"Push said:
"John Valentine said:

Far from it!"

Read on:

Black Bolt's powers are the result of electron manipulation. The speech center of Black Bolt's brain contains an organic mechanism able to generate a currently unknown type of particle which interacts with ambient electrons to create certain phenomena determined by mental control. Through electron gathering and manipulation, Black Bolt can increase any aspect of his physical nature to superhuman levels, including his strength, speed, stamina, and durability. He can channel his power into a single devastating punch called "The Master Blow". This act, however, leaves Black Bolt exhausted and he must recover afterwards. Black Bolt can also harness the electrons for matter transformation, the controlled projection of energy as concussive blasts or quasi-solid particle/electron fields, broadcasting jamming frequencies, and flight.

Black Bolt's most prominent offensive weapon is his voice, as his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain. Speaking triggers a disturbance of the particle / electron interaction field: a word can level a city, a shout can awaken distant volcanoes and cause tremors on a continent on the far side of the planet. It has even been stated as capable of destroying a planet. It once took Black Bolt a mere whisper to stun the Hulk after the latter had defeated the entire Inhuman Royal Family. Due to the extreme danger posed by his voice, Black Bolt has undergone rigorous mental training to prevent himself from uttering a sound, even in his sleep. The fork-like antenna on Black Bolt's forehead allows him to use his voice in a more channeled manner.

#42 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"

John Valentine said:

"Push said:
"John Valentine said:

Far from it!"

Read on:

Black Bolt's powers are the result of electron manipulation. The speech center of Black Bolt's brain contains an organic mechanism able to generate a currently unknown type of particle which interacts with ambient electrons to create certain phenomena determined by mental control. Through electron gathering and manipulation, Black Bolt can increase any aspect of his physical nature to superhuman levels, including his strength, speed, stamina, and durability. He can channel his power into a single devastating punch called "The Master Blow". This act, however, leaves Black Bolt exhausted and he must recover afterwards. Black Bolt can also harness the electrons for matter transformation, the controlled projection of energy as concussive blasts or quasi-solid particle/electron fields, broadcasting jamming frequencies, and flight.

Black Bolt's most prominent offensive weapon is his voice, as his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain. Speaking triggers a disturbance of the particle / electron interaction field: a word can level a city, a shout can awaken distant volcanoes and cause tremors on a continent on the far side of the planet. It has even been stated as capable of destroying a planet. It once took Black Bolt a mere whisper to stun the Hulk after the latter had defeated the entire Inhuman Royal Family. Due to the extreme danger posed by his voice, Black Bolt has undergone rigorous mental training to prevent himself from uttering a sound, even in his sleep. The fork-like antenna on Black Bolt's forehead allows him to use his voice in a more channeled manner.

"

Ahh, but are electrons particles or simply bundles of EM energy?
#43 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Push said:
"

John Valentine said:

"Push said:
"John Valentine said:

Far from it!"

Read on:

"

Ahh, but are electrons particles or simply bundles of EM energy?"

Hmmm, best ask the Creator or M that question! Will work on getting back to you on that one.
#44 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"John Valentine said:
"Push said:
"

John Valentine said:

"Push said:
"John Valentine said:

Far from it!"

Read on:

"

Ahh, but are electrons particles or simply bundles of EM energy?"

Hmmm, best ask the Creator or M that question! Will work on getting back to you on that one."
Ok.
#45 Posted by Bastion the Master--Sentinel (60 posts) - - Show Bio

no,she wasn´t killed!she was all the time with Vulcan

#46 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

The Inhumans One Shot kicked @$$!

#47 Posted by Partizan (28 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
I think this will not happen.
#48 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he gets better characterization in War of Kings.