• 93 results
Posted by G-Man (34123 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't stop the shadow reveals. Yesterday there was some craziness with Psylocke being revealed to be on two teams on opposing sides. She could be a spy or, since this is the X-Men, an alternate universe doppelgänger or clone (but those are unlikely). Any surprises this time?

We have the full Generation Hope team. Unfortunately I don't have much to say about them. Maybe the addition of Sebastian will raise my interest in the title. As for X-Men #20, a lot of people have been asking/complaining about Domino. I don't know if anyone "called it" but there she is! Surprisingly she's on Cyclops' side next to Psylocke. We know Psylocke is also on Wolverine's side still in Uncanny X-Force. What has Domino been up to lately and why is she now becoming an offical X-Man?

The Uncanny X-Men team we've already seen. Who is that on the New Mutants behind Nate Grey and Sunspot? The hair looks too brown to be Doug. And where is Cannonball?

== TEASER ==

One more reveal left for the Gold team. Will Marvel blow us away with it? Are there any surprises left? What will the break up of the X-Men mean for mutantkind?

UNCANNY X-MEN #1 (SEP110591)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art & Cover by CARLOS PACHECO

Variant Cover by DALE KEOWN

NOVEMBER 2011

GENERATION HOPE #13 (SEP110610)

Written by JAMES ASMUS

Art & Cover by IBRAIM ROBERSON

NOVEMBER 2011

X-MEN #20 (SEP110600)

Written by VICTOR GISCHLER

Art by WILL CONRAD

Cover by ADI GRANOV

NOVEMBER 2011

NEW MUTANTS #33 (SEP110607)

Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING

Art by DAVID LOPEZ

NOVEMBER 2011

Staff
#1 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, still waiting for schism to end to decide whether this is worth looking into

#2 Posted by MuadDiab (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Domino! Cool

#3 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and I definetly called Domino :P

#4 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the biggest shockers here are probably Shaw with Gen Hope and Thunderbird and Domino with the X-Men (not much of a shocker just a nice change).  Aside from that nothing really ground breaking here.

#5 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to sound like a downer or anything but I find it really hard to care about the multiple X-Men teams. I'll read the books with the characters I like in them and just ignore the rest.

#6 Posted by Mutie199 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally reading gen.hope for sebastian shaw.

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (7083 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the line up of X-Men and Uncanny. Wish Domino would come back to X-Force though.
#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll definitely be reading Uncanny. Cyclops ftw. 

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe Domino is with Cyclops

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997 said:
I can't believe Domino is with Cyclops
She's not, she's just staying on Utopia. 
#11 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Seb Shaw but gen. Hope looks pretty naff, especially without Oya, who's just developing more character having killed for the first time. I like this Blue side, full of powerhouses, they would totally dominate the Gold. I also wonder where are all the other mutants? like Rockslide, Hellion, Pixie etc, I reckon they'll stay with Frost, so I'm guessing that's going to be on Utopia.

#12 Posted by IrishX (2367 posts) - - Show Bio

Domino being on the Blue just doesn't make sense right now. More and more that X-Men team looks like it should be some undercover crew for Wolverine. I mean Jubilee and Domino with Cyclops?..... sure.

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup I thought that might be Domino behind Psylocke.  But yes I'm definitely of Tony's opinion that of all them are interesting except for Generation Hope, and the only thing that still keeps my interest is why the heck Sebastian Shaw is there.  Just what is he trying to pull? I mean seriously!

#14 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Generation hope just got interesting because of shaw. I am surprised that Namor isn't in any of these, his reaction to shaw will be very interesting to say the least. X-men looks pretty interesting as well, Uncanny looks average and New Mutants didn't have any surprises. I am really interested to see how the inter-team dynamic will work, it could be epic if done right

#15 Posted by Sissel (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Cypher. The guy who is on the back of Sunspot. Amirite? 

#16 Posted by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Cannonball... 

Apparently the guy with the glasses on the other Wolverine cover is going to be Toad, and the flying figure on New Mutants is Magma... 

What happened to Sam Guthrie?

#17 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Oya on the Generation Hope team?

#18 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

what i dont understand is does everybody think that the x-men will be spying on each other? has anyone from marvel announced : there are the teams, if they cross they are going to try to kill each other so start making theories about the members cuz thats what they're gonna do. they havent said shit people. they just revealed the characters in each comic.

#19 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but this is the first time that the official "X-Men" title has featured a majority of female characters.

#20 Posted by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio
@bingbangboom:  Well, the first series had a lot of female character: Dazzler, Rogue, Storm, Psylocke... and only Wolverine and Colossus a male characters during a time. It was "uncanny" but it was the only title named "X-Men".
#21 Edited by xkoenig (394 posts) - - Show Bio

So no more Greg Land, Dodsons or Matt Fraction making X-men comics? I guess that will make some people happy :D
Out of curiosity, where are Pixie and Dazzler?

#22 Posted by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio
@xkoenig: Matt was no longer on uncanny, it was Gillen. But I think that Land is still there taking turns with Pacheco, but I'm ok with this, I like Land's work, true that his faces looks very similar and all that, but many "legendary" artist also make characters not recognizable and are worse artist IMO... I'm looking at you JRJR!!
#23 Posted by BoomBoom (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, pointless, Cyclops seems to have less people than wolverine, plus I don't get it, Psylocke, Domino, warpath and Jubilee on Cyclops side, I would have understood if its was Boomer but not Jubilee, doesn't make any sense. And not new X-Men. Where is Professor X? Dazzler and Northstar? I think X-Factor on Cyclops side would have made more sense.

#24 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men's lineup is AWESOME. Definitely picking that bad boy up. It's fascinating as to why they've picked Cyclops' side. Jubilee, Storm, Warpath, Domino and Psylocke are all Wolverine alies. I smell some spies.

#25 Posted by BoomBoom (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I just got information That Cannonball, Dazzler, Pixie, Northstar, Anole and Trance are back in Limbo along with Boom Boom, Karma and Husk.

#26 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:
what i dont understand is does everybody think that the x-men will be spying on each other? has anyone from marvel announced : there are the teams, if they cross they are going to try to kill each other so start making theories about the members cuz thats what they're gonna do. they havent said shit people. they just revealed the characters in each comic.

Gosh what's ur problem? All everyone is doing is speculating... no harm done in thinking ahead! All we r saying is that the entire adjectiveless X-Men team is comprised of X-Men that have stronger ties to Wolverine rather than Cyclops... And since Psylocke made it on two covers, she would have to be spying for either Wolverine or cyclops (but seriously she would probably be spying for Wolverine) and since the entire team has been revealed, Jubilee, Warpath, Domino, Storm, and Psylocke, everyone is concluding that the entire team are spies!! U don't have to go on a technical rant!!
#27 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not actually too excited about the Blue Team, I'll read them but I probably would find more diversty and fun over on the Gold Team!! Cyclops still sees mutants as soliders while Wolverine is thinking for the best of mutantkind...(gosh Wolverine has too many sides to his personality)  

The only thing pissing me off is that Magma cannot fly!! She has earth based powers and has gotten sick before while traveling in the air!! It just doesn't make sense. And so does that mean Moonstar has taken over leadership!? And where's Karma and Cannonball?? I wonder if this schism actually tore the New Mutants because Karma and Cannonball are nowhere to be seen!! Well Karma has more of the kids intentions in mind since having younger siblings and teaching the lower school and teenagers and recently bonding with Face, sooo... idk
#28 Posted by mccordlarsen (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I called Domino. I'm 100% certain that the covers are not showing everybody. First of all it's been clear that Uncanny will have 9 core members. On the cover we only have 6. Plus I highly doubt that Warpath will be the ONLY male on that team. It'll be interesting to see who pops up later.

#29 Edited by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio
  @papad1992 said: 

I The only thing pissing me off is that Magma cannot fly!! She has earth based powers and has gotten sick before while traveling in the air!! 

This isn't the first time she flies, she can apaprently but she doesn't use to fly, I don't know why. If you looke her comicvine profile, you can see fly included.
#30 Posted by mccordlarsen (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we sure it's Magma? The official Marvel sight does not list flight as one of her powers.

#31 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lokheit said:
  @papad1992 said: 
I The only thing pissing me off is that Magma cannot fly!! She has earth based powers and has gotten sick before while traveling in the air!! 
 This isn't the first time she flies, I've seen her flying before but she doesn't use to fly, I don't know why. If you looke her comicvine profile, you can see fly included.

I know she's been seen flying before... But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Magma, who has a deep connection to the Earth could fly!? She has been noted for getting extremely ill while being away from the earth... like when on a boat or in an airplane or when in space!! But what I can acknowledge of being apart of her powers is that maybe she can propell her self in the air, momentarily, using her powers!! IDK I hate when artists get cocky with characters.
#32 Posted by Renchamp (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

If Domino's in, I'm in.

#33 Posted by mccordlarsen (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Magma has been seen flying, although only on comicvine does it list her as having this power. Other than that, I say if you don't see your some of your favorites *cough pixie cough* just hang tight. As mentioned before not all characters are being revealed on the covers.

#34 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9728 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renchamp said:
If Domino's in, I'm in.
#35 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@mccordlarsen said:
I called Domino. I'm 100% certain that the covers are not showing everybody. First of all it's been clear that Uncanny will have 9 core members. On the cover we only have 6. Plus I highly doubt that Warpath will be the ONLY male on that team. It'll be interesting to see who pops up later.
They only said that for Uncanny because there's another Teaser image that has 3 extra blacked out extra characters on it and remember its the flag ship titles so it needs to have more than 6 core members on it, there hasn't been any news about MORE characters appearing on either titles except for Gen Hope (another light), have you seen any news ?
#36 Posted by GoonFan_12 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, I mean a lot of folks have said it already.  there's nothing about the Gen Hope and New Mutants covers that would make me actually start reading those titles, and nothing about the Uncanny and X-Men covers that would make me stop reading them.  Hoping for something in tomorrow's final Yellow Team reveal though.  I think the woman in fire in the back is going to be the big bomb shell - bringing Phoenix back maybe???

#37 Posted by GoonFan_12 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, and I'm noticing a distinct lack of Pixie that is pretty disappointing.  I was holding out hope that the Domino shadow that looked like a gun was a cleverly drawn wing.  now I'm sad.

#38 Posted by Blizaga101 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats happening with Idie, I havnt read generation hope schism so i dont know if thats revealed anything
#39 Posted by DrewHLMW (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna buy X-Men & Uncanny X-men 
Not gonna bother Generation Hope and New Mutants cause I dunno who any of their characters are.

#40 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blizaga101: She might be joining Wolverines team.
#41 Edited by millersoak (30 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah, nothing surprises me much about these covers at this point. The only mystery for me was who was in New Mutants and who was not. Conspicuously absent are Karma and Cannonball. Perhaps, if the suggestion of a fifth Gold team cover with the Young/New X-Men, maybe the two of them would be leaders/coaches. It would consistent with their personalities.

@papad1992:
I agree. The idea of Magma flying is just silly. She has EARTH-BASED powers: lava, rock, earth moving. How does anyone get flying out of that? Sure hot things are lighter than cold, but when have you ever seen lava levitating? Just some cockamamy idea brought up during AoX, in another reality world, and somehow carried over into 616, like Emma suddenly having a second, combat-useful mutation of diamond skin. Contrived, much?

All in all, these teams may have more raw power, but, with the excpetion of X-Men, I find them much less interesting than the Gold Team (wolverine). I'll still read them, but the writers/artists will really have to impress me.
#42 Posted by jerfro23 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

So i guess Oya is on Wolverine team dont see her on here
#43 Posted by newxfactor (86 posts) - - Show Bio
@BoomBoom: So guess Face goes with 'em... But WTF are they doing there AGAIN??
#44 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@millersoak said:
Yeah, nothing surprises me much about these covers at this point. The only mystery for me was who was in New Mutants and who was not. Conspicuously absent are Karma and Cannonball. Perhaps, if the suggestion of a fifth Gold team cover with the Young/New X-Men, maybe the two of them would be leaders/coaches. It would consistent with their personalities.

@papad1992: I agree. The idea of Magma flying is just silly. She has EARTH-BASED powers: lava, rock, earth moving. How does anyone get flying out of that? Sure hot things are lighter than cold, but when have you ever seen lava levitating? Just some cockamamy idea brought up during AoX, in another reality world, and somehow carried over into 616, like Emma suddenly having a second, combat-useful mutation of diamond skin. Contrived, much? All in all, these teams may have more raw power, but, with the excpetion of X-Men, I find them much less interesting than the Gold Team (wolverine). I'll still read them, but the writers/artists will really have to impress me.

Writers always like to amp whatever characters they have to differentiate themselves from other writers!! That sometimes means quick changes in appearance or new/wrong feats that they can do with their powers!! 

I said the exact thing yesterday about the X-Students and maybe Karma has taken a liking to them since she's sooo good with kids and the younger generation and has become their mentor or something!! But to be honest... those X-Students have gone through so much crap in their sort lives as X-Men that maybe they don't need guidance but just a solid leader of their own (Prodigy or Surge)!! Maybe they've had it with all this X-Mess that they want to distance themselves!! I would love a book just dedicated to the X-Students!! It would be number one on my list!!
#45 Edited by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:  

I doubt the kids will have a book for themselves like their run with Kyle and Yost because we have Gen. Hope and New Mutants. The later are now grown guys, but the academy-x was a direct successor of a new mutants mini series. You will see some of them spreaded between Utopia (adjetiveless and uncanny probably) and outside of Utopia probably with Rogue's team. 

That said, I don't like the generation hope team that much as a team. I like Hope, and I'm liking transonic and zero. But I hate the other 3 (another speedster, another feral guy, and another ice+fire), and I don't like any of them on their own book when some many students like hellion, surge, elixir, rockslide, mercury (I really like mercury and I hate that since Transonic appeared we are seeing less of her) and many others. They really needn't to introduce more characters when they had so many to develop. I wish it would have been like: tadaaa!! mutankind exist again, mutants repowered! Intead of: we have this 5 guys and we're making them super special!

#46 Edited by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, I'm very happy with Cyclops' team. Looks like he's still with Emma, he's got Magneto, Colossonaut, Magik, Hope, X-Man, Moonstar, Warpath, and Storm. I'm sold.

#47 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

Generation Hope seems cool
#48 Posted by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the X-men roster, but every person on that roster fits more on Wolverine's side. I wonder how they will explain why they're not.

#49 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Oya is no longer on Hope's team. I'm guessing she's either on Wolverine's side, or even better, removed from all teams & gone somewhere safe to spend the rest of her childhood in peace like she should be. 

Oya is the only Gen Hope character I care about, and I have conflicted feelings about seeing her in any of the teams. On the other hand, I find her interesting, and would very much like to see more of her, but on the other hand I think it would be sheer insanity to keep a twelve-year-old girl as a member of any squad after what happened to her. I'm hoping that Wolverine lets her be a child, and that Oya will return to the X-Men later when she's grown up a little bit.

Sebastian Shaw makes Generation Hope 100% more interesting than before, though. What is he going to do with them, and how will he influence Hope? Is she going to become a new Dark Phoenix after all? I'm hoping not, because I'd hate her story to repeat the Dark Phoenix storyline, but Shaw's presence is bound to stir things up anyways.

The Psylocke/Jubilee/Storm/Warpath/Domino team looks cool, too. They're all characters I really like, and it's interesting to see a predominantly female team for a change. I am wondering, though, why these characters have apparently chosen to side with Cyclops instead of Wolverine (except for Psylocke, of course, as she seems to be on two teams), since I think they've all been more closely connected to Wolverine than to Cyclops. Maybe this team will be neutral?

#50 Posted by tbpinkfloyd (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaw in 'Hope' is an odd choice. Also, I would think Domino would be on X-Force, but I suppose that's been done before. My only other inquiry would have to be the presence of Psylocke on both 'sides'; will she be a spy for one team or keep both sides informed?