John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By John Valentine
@papad1992 said:
@ReVamp: Highly doubt that that's Maverick... anyone else fit that pictured silhouette!?!? And Iceman and Kitty... together... like in the Ultimate Universe!??! Don't know how I feel about that one!!!
I'd have no objections to it. Would possibly prefer Rogue and Iceman, though. 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Ah ok. I hope it's not Madrox, he's the only X-Factor member that I really like, though my knowledge on them all is very superficial.  

I was sold on Uncanny as soon as I saw Scott; Emma and Mags being there is just gravy for me. Though I do agree with you that Logan's side has the better characters (aside from the above three, who are the best X-Men characters, imo). Probably deliberate though, to make sure the Logan-detractors still pick it up.   Colossonaut is just silly. 
It's a very good series. I'm looking forward to having Havok back, a character who used to be a favourite of mine.
Problem is that Uncanny X-Men looks to be a continuation of the same stuff we had before Schism, which I really didn't find all the interesting, even with those characters. 

@ReVamp said

Haha, I could deal with Madrox leaving X-Factor for a short while (and then later rejoining) if they gave him a new min/maxi series written by Peter David like his 2005 Marvel Knights one (Such a good read)!
Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

YAY Glad to see Kitty in Wolverine and the X-men. I had a feeling she would be on that team

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By ReVamp
@papad1992 said:
@ReVampHighly doubt that that's Maverick... anyone else fit that pictured silhouette!?!? And Iceman and Kitty... together... like in the Ultimate Universe!??! Don't know how I feel about that one!!!
So do I.  Neither do I. 

@papad1992 said:
@EnSabahNurX said:
@papad1992 said:
@EnSabahNurX said:
@papad1992: The dude next to wolverine might be kid omega O_O I hope not but it might be
I don't think that would be Kid Omega... Let's just think who would use a gun that has short hair and wears a trench coat while having mind powers!?!? No one comes to my mind that fits that picture!!
Lol I didn't want to say him because it would seem too random (that also describes nate grey in new mutants), But that was kid omega's look in schism(minus the gun)
Well if that is Kid Omega... Marvel has some explaining to do!!

Yup. I REALLY hope it isn't. I might drop it if it is and he's staying for long. 
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@John Valentine said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@John Valentine said:
Toad? Really? Urgh.  Pleased to see that Monet's still on X-Factor, but I really do hope that Madrox is still alive (and in X-Factor).
Is there any reason he wouldn't be? Has it been alluded to that he'll die? O_o
The solicit for November's issue of X-Factor states that "a member of X-Factor will die". We know it's not going to beMonet, Siryn, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Layla or Shatterstar as they've already been shown to be part of that book by January's cover. Given the two silhouettes it's likely not Guido or Banshee, meaning that leaves Longshot, Madrox and Pip. Really hope it's Pip who dies and not Longshot or Madrox. If it's between Madrox and Longshot, however, I'd want Madrox to survive.  And, with regard to your Iceman comment….. I'm not sure how I feel. But Scott's X-Men certainly feels less heroic. In fact, it seems that, aside from a few characters (Magneto, Emma and Cyclops), I much prefer the mutants on Wolverine's side.   Side-note: Haha @ Colossoanaught. He looks ridiculous. Redundant helmet. The demonic power should have changed the colour of his metal, not given him a helmet which was initially used by Marko to block out telepath's thoughts.
Ah ok. I hope it's not Madrox, he's the only X-Factor member that I really like, though my knowledge on them all is very superficial.  

I was sold on Uncanny as soon as I saw Scott; Emma and Mags being there is just gravy for me. Though I do agree with you that Logan's side has the better characters (aside from the above three, who are the best X-Men characters, imo). Probably deliberate though, to make sure the Logan-detractors still pick it up.   Colossonaut is just silly. 

I hope he's leading too, since this isn't the same X Factor as it was before. That leads me to say that I want it to stay as the "same" X Factor. 

Best X Men characters as in they're the best at being X Men or they're the ones you like the most. 
I think its the same for Cyclops detractors, having Magneto, Emma, Storm and the others. They've put some people in places unexpectedly that will lead both mind sets (of consumers) to buy the other team's (Blue, Gold) book.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@John Valentine said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

It's a very good series. I'm looking forward to having Havok back, a character who used to be a favourite of mine.
Problem is that Uncanny X-Men looks to be a continuation of the same stuff we had before Schism, which I really didn't find all the interesting, even with those characters. 
I really want to pick up the X-Factor trades, but I'm waiting for Schism to be over to decide if Marvel ever deserve my patronage again haha.  
I am the biggest Cyclops fan you'll ever meet, and I completely agree with you. The Utopia stuff has been terrible. Poorly planned, executed and shoved down our throats. This is, in my opinion, the time that future fans will look at as the "dark days of the X-Men", like Spidey fans look at OMD or the Clone Saga.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@ReVamp said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@John Valentine said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@John Valentine said:
Toad? Really? Urgh.  Pleased to see that Monet's still on X-Factor, but I really do hope that Madrox is still alive (and in X-Factor).
Is there any reason he wouldn't be? Has it been alluded to that he'll die? O_o
The solicit for November's issue of X-Factor states that "a member of X-Factor will die". We know it's not going to beMonet, Siryn, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Layla or Shatterstar as they've already been shown to be part of that book by January's cover. Given the two silhouettes it's likely not Guido or Banshee, meaning that leaves Longshot, Madrox and Pip. Really hope it's Pip who dies and not Longshot or Madrox. If it's between Madrox and Longshot, however, I'd want Madrox to survive.  And, with regard to your Iceman comment….. I'm not sure how I feel. But Scott's X-Men certainly feels less heroic. In fact, it seems that, aside from a few characters (Magneto, Emma and Cyclops), I much prefer the mutants on Wolverine's side.   Side-note: Haha @ Colossoanaught. He looks ridiculous. Redundant helmet. The demonic power should have changed the colour of his metal, not given him a helmet which was initially used by Marko to block out telepath's thoughts.

I hope he's leading too, since this isn't the same X Factor as it was before. That leads me to say that I want it to stay as the "same" X Factor.  Best X Men characters as in they're the best at being X Men or they're the ones you like the most.  I think its the same for Cyclops detractors, having Magneto, Emma, Storm and the others. They've put some people in places unexpectedly that will lead both mind sets (of consumers) to buy the other team's (Blue, Gold) book.
Mostly referring to my favourite, though Cyclops is the greatest X-Man (as in all things relating to being an X-Man) of all time. 
I'm not Magneto's biggest fan, I like him, but he's nowhere near my favourite character, but I do consider him one of the X-Franchise's best. 

I agree with you regarding the Cyclops detractors, but those people suck =P 
MYX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By MYX

I'd like it to be Pete Wisdom... but I doubt it.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ReVamp
@MYX said:
I'd like it to be Pete Wisdom... but I doubt it.
... Got that right. In both cases. 
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@ReVamp said:

I hope he's leading too, since this isn't the same X Factor as it was before. That leads me to say that I want it to stay as the "same" X Factor.  Best X Men characters as in they're the best at being X Men or they're the ones you like the most.  I think its the same for Cyclops detractors, having Magneto, Emma, Storm and the others. They've put some people in places unexpectedly that will lead both mind sets (of consumers) to buy the other team's (Blue, Gold) book.
Mostly referring to my favourite, though Cyclops is the greatest X-Man (as in all things relating to being an X-Man) of all time. I'm not Magneto's biggest fan, I like him, but he's nowhere near my favourite character, but I do consider him one of the X-Franchise's best.  I agree with you regarding the Cyclops detractors, but those people suck =P 

Agreed. He is the Greatest X Man. Hell, Scott Summers practically defines X Men. He's always there, he basically evolved with and through the team.
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#58  Edited By papad1992

Hopefully Longshot does not die... since the other X-Factor members have been confirmed... It's basically between Longshot and Madrox (and Pip, I guess)
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By sora_thekey

@ReVamp: Wait?! What?! I still think Kitty should've been in Generation Hope

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By papad1992
@ReVamp
Maybe the "guy" is Box or Dr. Nemesis!?! I mean no one has mentioned what is going to happen to X-Club Science Team... maybe Box or Dr. Nemesis would choose sides!? 

And what's going to happen to other X-characters like: Husk, Hepzibah, Dr. Cecilia Reyes, Pixie, Dazzler, Boom Boom, and Armor!?!?
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ReVamp
@papad1992 said:
@ReVamp: Maybe the "guy" is Box or Dr. Nemesis!?! I mean no one has mentioned what is going to happen to X-Club Science Team... maybe Box or Dr. Nemesis would choose sides!?  And what's going to happen to other X-characters like: Husk, Hepzibah, Dr. Cecilia Reyes, Pixie, Dazzler, Boom Boom, and Armor!?!?
There's probably gonna be a bunch of people that just stay somewhere, outside of teams. This teams buisness doesn't mean that everyone has to choose sides. If you have a falling out with a friend of yours you don't expect all of your friends not to talk to the other. It between you and him/her, not everyone else in your frienship circle...
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#62  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

YAY KTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am a happy camper 

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

HOLY CRAP!!!!! am i the only one who noticed Toad!!!!!!!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By papad1992
@ReVamp said:
@papad1992 said:
@ReVamp: Maybe the "guy" is Box or Dr. Nemesis!?! I mean no one has mentioned what is going to happen to X-Club Science Team... maybe Box or Dr. Nemesis would choose sides!?  And what's going to happen to other X-characters like: Husk, Hepzibah, Dr. Cecilia Reyes, Pixie, Dazzler, Boom Boom, and Armor!?!?
There's probably gonna be a bunch of people that just stay somewhere, outside of teams. This teams buisness doesn't mean that everyone has to choose sides. If you have a falling out with a friend of yours you don't expect all of your friends not to talk to the other. It between you and him/her, not everyone else in your frienship circle...

I get what ur saying but characters like Pixie and Dazzler aren't usually background characters... I was assuming that they would be on teams as well but I guess not!! SAD VERY SAD MARVEL!!!
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ReVamp
@sora_thekey said:

@ReVamp: Wait?! What?! I still think Kitty should've been in Generation Hope

Yep. You know how X- Writer love to screw our relationships... Gambit and Rogue, Colossus and Shadow Cat... Archangel and Psylocke (OK, the last one was done kinda well, but still).
Nah, I disagree on the last point though, I think if anything, she should be on the team with the New Mutants and if experimentation wasn't an option and she was to be on the main teams she'd be best in the one with Storm. Then again, I'm not that into Gen Hope, so I'm being extremely biased.
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By sora_thekey

@ReVamp: Kitty Pryde is well known as the resident "child". For a very long time she was the "new" girl in the X-Men or the youngest. In order for them to have some kind of character evolution both her and Jubilee should be training Generation Hope.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By Gambit1024

Called Kitty! :) 

Toad on Wolverine's team? That's weird. I like Toad, though, so whatevs.  

Who's behind Kitty? I really want to say that's Sabretooth, but I know he's dead and stuff... unless it's AoA Creed, in which case, right on. 

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@Dernman said:
Is that Toad on X-Force or X-Men?  

he's in the x-men, and im psyched
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ReVamp
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@Dernman said:
Is that Toad on X-Force or X-Men?  
 he's in the x-men, and im psyched
Of course you would haha. =) I'm pretty interested myself on the matter, many things could be done with Toad.

@Gambit1024 said:
Called Kitty! :)  Toad on Wolverine's team? That's weird. I like Toad, though, so whatevs.   Who's behind Kitty? I really want to say that's Sabretooth, but I know he's dead and stuff... unless it's AoA Creed, in which case, right on. 
So did... NVM. I hope its not Sabretooth though, EITHER of them. I don't need another healing factor fool. I'd much rather Jean Grey AoA came to 616 and Rachel Grey was just missing inexplicably from the covers :P

@sora_thekey said:

@ReVamp: Kitty Pryde is well known as the resident "child". For a very long time she was the "new" girl in the X-Men or the youngest. In order for them to have some kind of character evolution both her and Jubilee should be training Generation Hope.

Pretty well reasoned. I can't come up with anything to counter that, its pretty solid. I'm sold on the idea.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Gambit1024
@ReVamp said:

@Gambit1024 said:
Called Kitty! :)  Toad on Wolverine's team? That's weird. I like Toad, though, so whatevs.   Who's behind Kitty? I really want to say that's Sabretooth, but I know he's dead and stuff... unless it's AoA Creed, in which case, right on. 
So did... NVM. I hope its not Sabretooth though, EITHER of them. I don't need another healing factor fool. I'd much rather Jean Grey AoA came to 616 and Rachel Grey was just missing inexplicably from the covers :P

Hush. Let me have this. =P 

I'd prefer AoA Jean too, but AoA Sabretooth is pretty awesome. One of the best characters from that universe, imo. 
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By cattlebattle

Why is Fantomex still blacked out like we don't know who that is

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By sora_thekey

@ReVamp said:

@sora_thekey said:

Pretty well reasoned. I can't come up with anything to counter that, its pretty solid. I'm sold on the idea.

See! ...and people still question the fact that I should be writing comics. ;)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ReVamp
@sora_thekey said:

@ReVamp said:

@sora_thekey said:

See! ...and people still question the fact that I should be writing comics. ;)

You know, I had written "If you ever write comics, tell me", but then I deleted it because people might consider it bootlicking. I'm happy there are some smart people who may write comics. Seems like the whole industry might fall down, if they don't.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ReVamp
@Gambit1024: Unfortunately, I predict PIS city with him there too. :(
Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#75  Edited By Trodorne

Wow marvel how can you make me care any less about splintering up the mutants any more....

Abriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Abriel
@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I knew it was Rictor. -.-

Don't get me wrong, love that guy and the way Peter David writes him. But C'mon! Madrox better not be ditched in favor of Havok. That'd ruin my X-Factor :(

On the other hand, I have trouble believing the obvious silhouette of Guido is only Guido. There has to be someone in front of him, similar to how Cyclops's silhouette was hidden by Danger and Emma's silhouettes. Under Shatterstar you see a slender shadow that looks like someones foot or the end of a trench coat ;)

Plus, Layla is still on the team...I can't imagine she'd be there and not Madrox.

Also, interesting result, obviously a fallout between Colossus and Kitty over his becoming the Juggy demon thing... :P

Not only that but if you really look at Guido's silhouette above 'Star's head there is the outline of the edge of a collar for a trenchcoat and someone's shoulder.  Which makes me think Madrox is still around and I'm betting he'll be the next to be revealed. 

Which makes the only one not accounted for to be Longshot.  On the other side of Guido there is more questioning silhouette but that could be anything from the edge of someone's lacket to Guido's pants bunching up.  We'll see.
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@bigsoto74 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
It looks like Siryn might have adopted the AoA version of Banshee's costume.  
thats not her. she's off too the far right on the X-Factor cover
Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By Joe Venom

Toad! Holy heck someone must have heard my request =D

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#79  Edited By Teerack

Seeing toad just made my day.

ninjacommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ninjacommando

I really dislike Frenzy.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By bigsoto74
@Avenging-X-Bolt
I thought that would be Polaris in the back right of the x-factor since Havok was there, but we will find out soon, but not soon enough....lol
Lord_Sidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Lord_Sidious

Can we get a run down of who's on what?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By papad1992
@ninjacommando said:
I really dislike Frenzy.

What don't u like about her!? Give her a chance...
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#84  Edited By pixelized

MONET

YAAAAAAAAAAAY. Random old ladies and babies may live now!

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#85  Edited By cmaprice

I was so hoping that Rictor silhouette had turned out to be Madrox. 

I'm fine with reveals like Rictor and Shatterstar, but not at the cost of better/ more integral characters. I'd already started cherry picking X-Factor arcs last year; if Jamie's out, I may be as well.  From M-Day until that awful Secret Invasion tie-in, this was my second favorite ongoing series. It got pretty good again, but there's been a looming overall drop in quality. Not that David can't write a "good" book without the formerly lead character, but it may be a logical breaking point for me.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By bigsoto74

If they are bringing people from different dimensions to fight on a X-Team then I would love for them to bring back Mimic and Blink from the Exiles. I know Mimic from the Exiles died, but he did absorb Deadpools powers before getting killed by Proteus and Deapool is Immortal...hmmm  

It more than likely wont happen but I liked the relationship Blink and Mimic had. 

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By sparty-dbq

No way.  No freakin' way.  PAD, I love ya, but if you're killing off Madrox (again), then I'm out.  O-W-T, out.  Hopefully, he's in front of Guido, so his silhouette would be completely covered.  Of course, that would mean that it's Longshot that's gonna die, which would also suck.  Who am I kidding, any character in X-Factor dying would suck because they're all written so well, but Madrox dying would be a damn black hole.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By pixelized

@cmaprice said:

I was so hoping that Rictor silhouette had turned out to be Madrox. I'm fine with reveals like Rictor and Shatterstar, but not at the cost of better/ more integral characters. I'd already started cherry picking X-Factor arcs last year; if Jamie's out, I may be as well. From M-Day until that awful Secret Invasion tie-in, this was my second favorite ongoing series. It got pretty good again, but there's been a looming overall drop in quality. Not that David can't write a "good" book without the formerly lead character, but it may be a logical breaking point for me.

I doubt Madrox is out. It was his mini that relaunched X-Factor Inc to begin with. Even if he were though, I'm sure there's still a dupe or two roaming around somewhere out there. That's the same, right?

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By bigsoto74
@sparty-dbq said:
No way.  No freakin' way.  PAD, I love ya, but if you're killing off Madrox (again), then I'm out.  O-W-T, out.  Hopefully, he's in front of Guido, so his silhouette would be completely covered.  Of course, that would mean that it's Longshot that's gonna die, which would also suck.  Who am I kidding, any character in X-Factor dying would suck because they're all written so well, but Madrox dying would be a damn black hole.

I hate to say it, but I rather have Longshot die than Madrox.
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#90  Edited By cmaprice
@pixelized
Heh. Not even close.  Ever seen Multiplicity? ;)

The team-change up and addition of Havok makes me long for them to take Random onto the team. He's been seen as an Acolyte, Marauder, and around Utopia. I'd very much enjoy him stepping out of the background again, especially alongside the namesake team that launched him.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ReVamp

It IS possible he's in front of guido.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#92  Edited By Mercy_

That's Monet. Pix will be pleased.

Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ruvik_
@bigsoto74
i didnt see that until you show it 

i think its beast but i hope its sabretooth from AOA i miss him

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ReVamp
@The Dark Huntress said:
That's Monet. Pix will be pleased.
Yup, a lot of people are. 
@StrikeDown said:
@bigsoto74
i didnt see that until you show it 

i think its beast but i hope its sabretooth from AOA i miss him

Nah, I think its beast. At least the one on the right, the one on the left is anyone's guess.
jschambe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By jschambe

I hate this art.  Excited about the books though.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Gambit1024
@ReVamp: Meh, whatcha gonna do
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By SC  Moderator

M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

utfyoguhh

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SC  Moderator

I would not be surprised if PAD killed Madrox, because if there is one thing that PAD loves more than Madrox, its surprising/shocking people. 

Avatar image for dancefloormassacre
DanceFloorMassacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The person to the left of Logan, I believe is Chamber. Hopefully repowered (power sig makes sense) and it looks like the classic uni up around the bottom half of his face.
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By papad1992
@cmaprice said:
@pixelized
Heh. Not even close.  Ever seen Multiplicity? ;)  The team-change up and addition of Havok makes me long for them to take Random onto the team. He's been seen as an Acolyte, Marauder, and around Utopia. I'd very much enjoy him stepping out of the background again, especially alongside the namesake team that launched him.

U just made me realize something.... what if it were Random instead of Guido!? They are both the same build!! And Random is randomly (haha) in the background on Utopia, so it is a possibility!! 

Plus anybody else notice that these is a large shoe under Havoks right leg!?