• 147 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Time for yet another batch of shadowy reveals in Marvel's "Choose Your Team" teaser. We saw this same batch a couple days ago with the "gold" team but now five more are stepping into the light. As with yesterday's reveal for more of the "blue" team, some are as expected. But, there is indeed one that has me pretty excited.

No Caption Provided

Starting backwards on the right, X-Factor has a couple more members revealed. I believe that's Rictor, right? Still no sign of Madrox. And M is still with the team so that's good. Rogue's team has no surprises so far with Gambit and Frenzy. Who's behind them? The one that makes me happy is Kitty Pryde and Lockheed on Wolverine's team. Makes sense but, what does this say that Colossus (with the power of Juggernaut) is on Scott/Emma's Uncanny X-Men team (with her former best friend Magik)? Guess we'll find out in October. The odd addition here is Toad. What the heck is he doing here? Is he on Wolverine's team or X-Force? Looks to be Wolverine's which is surprising that he would tolerate him.

== TEASER ==

We'll see if there's more reveals on Monday. It is Labor Day so it's unclear whether another batch will be released. We'll see.

Again, here's who will be working on each book. Be sure to let your local comic shop know which books you want on your pull list.

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #1 (AUG110653)

Written by JASON AARON

Art & Cover by CHRIS BACHALO

Variant Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

FOC – 10/3/11, ON SALE – 10/26/11

X-MEN LEGACY #259 (SEP110604)

Written by MIKE CAREY

Art by KHOI PHAM

Cover by CLAY MANN

NOVEMBER 2011

UNCANNY X-FORCE #19

Written by RICK REMENDER

Art by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ

DECEMBER 2011

X-FACTOR #230

Written by PETER DAVID

Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

JANUARY 2012

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dernman  Online

Is that Toad on X-Force or X-Men?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

@Dernman: It's gotta be X-Men (Wolverine). If you look at the top, you see Jason Aaron's name. That's where the break in the image would be. Seems kinda weird.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

Toad? Really? Urgh. 

Pleased to see that Monet's still on X-Factor, but I really do hope that Madrox is still alive (and in X-Factor).

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Having Iceman side with Logan over Scott seems to be writer-determined, a bit of a shame. 

Legacy and X-Factor look nice so far.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman  Online
@G-Man: Your right and it is weird. It's something different though. Who know with this random addition we might get something unexpectedly good.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@John Valentine said:
Toad? Really? Urgh.  Pleased to see that Monet's still on X-Factor, but I really do hope that Madrox is still alive (and in X-Factor).
Is there any reason he wouldn't be? Has it been alluded to that he'll die? O_o
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

This is such a major disappointment, i really wanted Prodigy to be on Rogues team instead of Frenzy.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Or35ti

I know it doesn't really matter but is Toad still missing his finger from when he lost it in Second Coming?

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EnSabahNurX

O_O since when can Psylocke levitate? That's all Ive been thinking since seeing the x-force cover 

Toad is DEFINITELY on Wolverne and the x-men but i could care less about him lol They haven't revealed anything i didn't guess aside from toad and lockheed(forgot about him) 

I just want to know if that's really Psylocke or someone meant to mislead(gen hope cover 17 shows her on cykes team), who is the girl behind rogue and frenzy(Rachel??), and who is the girl flying behind wolverine(polaris?)

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Just noticed Cyclops seems to be absent. They killin' him off? Again.
pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#11  Edited By pspin

Think its good that Toad is there because now we are getting a more diverse cast instead of the same five people in every book. I just hope they leave X-23 out of all of this, the ongoing is just to good.

newxfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By newxfactor
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Gylan Thomas said:
Nah, mate, they realised that I would send everyone involved in the project to Hell if they did that, so he's in Uncanny with Emma. 
Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Backflip

Toad? What was Aaron thinking... 

I like Kitty being on Wolverine's team, she should have a good interaction with the likes of Bobby (Am I the only one hoping for a hook-up? :P ) 

Also I was worried that Monet was getting offed for a minute, but her prescence is a big delight to me. I presume someone is in front of Guido's form, probably Madrox or Polaris. No real surprises with Legacy yet, but I'm still unsure of the final character on that line up.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By longbowhunter

Glad to see M is still with X-Factor. And I knew that would be Rictor up front. Where the hell is Longshot and Madrox? I'm really nervous as to what Peter David has in store for us in issue #230
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Power Nexus is going to LOVE Toad being on a team.
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By sora_thekey

Kitty Pryde is siding with Wolverine?! What?! But Colossus is in Uncanny! What is going on here?!

Alive4Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alive4Kill

Would this be a good time to jump into X-Men ?

MYX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MYX

My guesses for the shadowy characters:  
X-Force: Psylocke and Fantomex (pretty sure) 
Team Wolvie: Rachel, Meltdown/Wisdom/Hellion and Beast (wild guesses, it seams more like Havok, Polaris and AOA Sabertooth) 
Legacy: Surge
X-Factor: I really wish that Madrox and Polaris are in front of Guido. I'm sure there's someone in front of him.
I'm kind of disapointed with no new/young X-men beeing anywhere! So I hope Suge is in Legacy. I'd like to see Mercury or Hellion somewhere! I like Toad and he has been underused but I't prefer Anole in his place...

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By doordoor123
@Gylan Thomas said:
Are "they" killing him off? I'd say no. Is "Wolverine" killing him off? Maybe.  
Why do you assume the writers are killing him off. Its the characters that kill other characters off. Don't blame the writers.  
EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EnSabahNurX
@doordoor123 said:
@Gylan Thomas said:
Are "they" killing him off? I'd say no. Is "Wolverine" killing him off? Maybe.  Why do you assume the writers are killing him off. Its the characters that kill other characters off. Don't blame the writers.  
He's on the cover of uncanny x-men with emma
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By longbowhunter
@MYX
Loved New X-Men. Come on Marvel make use of these characters!
bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bigsoto74

Who does these claws belong to? Beast? Sabretooth? Wild Child?
WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WildStyle

Man, where in the hell are the New X-men? Surge, Hellion, Anole, Rockslide, Elixer, etc are all great characters. It would suck if they end up as back ground characters again,

Which ever writer said Wolverine's team would be the most diversive is probably right lol. I've got no problem with Toad. As long as he's a good addition to the team, I'm fine with it.  The other reveals are the ones I'm interested in the most in anyway.

I'm glad Ice Man is Wolverine's team. He hasn't been important in the slightest in a while for some reason. It's frustrating since he's one of the very first X-Men . This may put him higher in relevancy which if great.

Legacy is looking good. It wouldn't surprise me if Rachel is the last hidden team member.

X-Force with out a doubt is going to be quality regardless of a new member. 

Anybody notice how most of the quality books are on Wolverine's side? Uncanny and Generation Hope are good while the New Mutants and X-Men are average.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@WildStyle: You forgot Prodigy but i strongly agree with you, WTH are they ?
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By papad1992

Im liking Wolverine's team better and better with each reveal... but for g-ds sake Marvel can u just release all the other characters already... this waiting has been over done constanly and is a bit old!!
bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigsoto74

It looks like Siryn might have adopted the AoA version of Banshee's costume. 

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By papad1992

R they goona make both of these Blue and gold teams reveals posters?? I would love that!!!

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Chaos Burn

Toad wtf.... 

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By FoxxFireArt

LMAO!! Oh, Wolverine looks like a dwarf from World of Warcraft. His body is so stubby.

Also, why is Rogue's face so small?

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EnSabahNurX
@FoxxFireArt said:
LMAO!! Oh, Wolverine looks like a dwarf from World of Warcraft. His body is so stubby. Also, why is Rogue's face so small?
lmao you mad me think of the X-men TAS episode where Jubilee tells a story and wolverine is a troll/ogre XD
Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

I knew it was Rictor. -.-

Don't get me wrong, love that guy and the way Peter David writes him. But C'mon! Madrox better not be ditched in favor of Havok. That'd ruin my X-Factor :(

On the other hand, I have trouble believing the obvious silhouette of Guido is only Guido. There has to be someone in front of him, similar to how Cyclops's silhouette was hidden by Danger and Emma's silhouettes. Under Shatterstar you see a slender shadow that looks like someones foot or the end of a trench coat ;)

Plus, Layla is still on the team...I can't imagine she'd be there and not Madrox.

Also, interesting result, obviously a fallout between Colossus and Kitty over his becoming the Juggy demon thing... :P

RUGAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RUGAL

really sure for psylocke in X-force?
the shadow in X-force looks like AoA Blink too (even if it seems she wield two sword)
have psylock in X-force and blue X-men seem weird to me  (even if the x-force remain secret)

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By CombatSpoon86

Toad? Wow now thats a twist.never expected that.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By papad1992
@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I knew it was Rictor. -.-

Don't get me wrong, love that guy and the way Peter David writes him. But C'mon! Madrox better not be ditched in favor of Havok. That'd ruin my X-Factor :(

On the other hand, I have trouble believing the obvious silhouette of Guido is only Guido. There has to be someone in front of him, similar to how Cyclops's silhouette was hidden by Danger and Emma's silhouettes. Under Shatterstar you see a slender shadow that looks like someones foot or the end of a trench coat ;)

Plus, Layla is still on the team...I can't imagine she'd be there and not Madrox.

Also, interesting result, obviously a fallout between Colossus and Kitty over his becoming the Juggy demon thing... :P

I was about to call the "someone in front of Guido" thing.... u beat me to it!! 

And does anybody else notice that the guy standing next to Wolverine, with the weird bubbles around his head, has a GUN!?!?
WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WildStyle
@AgeofHurricane: Your right man.  I didn't want to make my list  long. Prodigy was one of my favorites. 

I just don't understand the logic of having all these villains join the X-Men while leaving out the majority of the New X-Men. It just doesn't make any sense. 

Seriously people, how many villains do the X-Men have left? It's not like it was a while ago when we had a lot of  mutants around. Unless these creators and writers have a creative spark and create some legitimate and compelling villains for the X-Men to face years to come, I will never like the idea of villains joining the X-Men.
EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EnSabahNurX
@papad1992: The dude next to wolverine might be kid omega O_O I hope not but it might be
Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mutant God

If Toad is being used then Outlaw should really be on a X-men team or any of the other mutants on Utopia 
and is Gambit sitting on something  his pose looks kinda weird
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By papad1992
@EnSabahNurX said:
@papad1992: The dude next to wolverine might be kid omega O_O I hope not but it might be

I don't think that would be Kid Omega... Let's just think who would use a gun that has short hair and wears a trench coat while having mind powers!?!? No one comes to my mind that fits that picture!!
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By ReVamp
@sora_thekey said:

Kitty Pryde is siding with Wolverine?! What?! But Colossus is in Uncanny! What is going on here?!

In Fear itself (apparently, I haven't read it myself) since Colossus became a "monster" he's broken up with Kitty. =(

@John Valentine said:
Toad? Really? Urgh.  Pleased to see that Monet's still on X-Factor, but I really do hope that Madrox is still alive (and in X-Factor).
Ditto. 
I was going to comment that it was him in the cover, but then I slapped myself across the face, to spare you the trouble. And yeah, I hope he is, though it doesn't seem that way -.-
@Alive4Kill said:
Would this be a good time to jump into X-Men ?

That's what I'm partly doing. I've been kind of in the on and off, since its been kinda bad up till now. I'm jumping on the bandwagon from head to toe this time. (And yes, I just made that up from two different popular phrases. Deal with it :P)

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Gylan Thomas said:
Nah, mate, they realised that I would send everyone involved in the project to Hell if they did that, so he's in Uncanny with Emma. 

Or is Emma in Uncanny with him? Nvm, nvm, nothing to look at here, just a random dude spouting nonsense here. Move along.
MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

Still no Madrox on the X-Factor team? Is Havok going to replace him as the team leader? Or is that big shadow obviously belonging to Strong Guy just hiding his silhouette? I really like Madrox, but it would be interesting to see what happens to X-Factor if he died or left. Either way, I'm looking forward to X-Factor mainly because I trust Peter David and his ability to keep it awesome.

I knew that those two shadows behind Rogue had to belong to Gambit and Frenzy, but the one that remains unrevealed puzzles me. Right now, my only guess is that it's Marvel Girl/Rachel Summers, but I really can't tell. Anyways, I like that the Legacy team is small, and that Magneto doesn't seem to be on it (at least I'm desperately hoping so). 

Wolverine's team is turning out to be one of the most random selection of characters out of all of these new line-ups. I get why Kitty is there, but Toad, seriously? I have no idea who the rest of these characters are going to be. Maybe that's Beast behind there, but I have no idea who the flying person might be.

One of the most interesting things about this divide is that Kitty and Colossus are now on opposite sides. I'm wondering whether that means that they're going to face some sort of a personal conflict, or if it's just that circumstances are going to force them to choose different sides. I'm curious where they stand as a couple after this. 

nftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nftw

This sounds more absurd than toad but is the shadow behind Wolverine Kid Omega? 

@papad1992 if you look closer it is actually his hands cuped together with his fingers pointed out "hand gun 'bang' "  

No Caption Provided
jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jcbart
@bigsoto74: It could be Primal.. he might have jumped ship from Hope's team
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By ReVamp
@bigsoto74 said:

No Caption Provided
Who does these claws belong to? Beast? Sabretooth? Wild Child?
Beast.  
@RUGAL said:
really sure for psylocke in X-force? the shadow in X-force looks like AoA Blink too (even if it seems she wield two sword) have psylock in X-force and blue X-men seem weird to me  (even if the x-force remain secret)
No, its exactly what most people I've talked to were thinking about. 

@papad1992 said:
@EnSabahNurX said:
I don't think that would be Kid Omega... Let's just think who would use a gun that has short hair and wears a trench coat while having mind powers!?!? No one comes to my mind that fits that picture!!

Maverick. o.O. (Minus the Mind powers). 

Anyone else thinking this might lead to a Iceman x Kitty Pryde relationship? Is this good or Terrible terrible terrible?
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By John Valentine
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

The solicit for November's issue of X-Factor states that "a member of X-Factor will die". We know it's not going to be Monet, Siryn, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Layla or Shatterstar as they've already been shown to be part of that book by January's cover. Given the two silhouettes it's likely not Guido or Banshee, meaning that leaves Longshot, Madrox and Pip. Really hope it's Pip who dies and not Longshot or Madrox. If it's between Madrox and Longshot, however, I'd want Madrox to survive. 

And, with regard to your Iceman comment….. I'm not sure how I feel. But Scott's X-Men certainly feels less heroic. In fact, it seems that, aside from a few characters (Magneto, Emma and Cyclops), I much prefer the mutants on Wolverine's side.   

Side-note: Haha @ Colossoanaught. He looks ridiculous. Redundant helmet. The demonic power should have changed the colour of his metal, not given him a helmet which was initially used by Marko to block out telepath's thoughts.
EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EnSabahNurX
@papad1992 said:
@EnSabahNurX said:
Lol I didn't want to say him because it would seem too random (that also describes nate grey in new mutants), But that was kid omega's look in schism(minus the gun)
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By papad1992
@ReVamp
Highly doubt that that's Maverick... anyone else fit that pictured silhouette!?!?

And Iceman and Kitty... together... like in the Ultimate Universe!??! Don't know how I feel about that one!!!
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@John Valentine said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@John Valentine said:
The solicit for November's issue of X-Factor states that "a member of X-Factor will die". We know it's not going to beMonet, Siryn, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Layla or Shatterstar as they've already been shown to be part of that book by January's cover. Given the two silhouettes it's likely not Guido or Banshee, meaning that leaves Longshot, Madrox and Pip. Really hope it's Pip who dies and not Longshot or Madrox. If it's between Madrox and Longshot, however, I'd want Madrox to survive.  And, with regard to your Iceman comment….. I'm not sure how I feel. But Scott's X-Men certainly feels less heroic. In fact, it seems that, aside from a few characters (Magneto, Emma and Cyclops), I much prefer the mutants on Wolverine's side.   Side-note: Haha @ Colossoanaught. He looks ridiculous. Redundant helmet. The demonic power should have changed the colour of his metal, not given him a helmet which was initially used by Marko to block out telepath's thoughts.
Ah ok. I hope it's not Madrox, he's the only X-Factor member that I really like, though my knowledge on them all is very superficial.  

I was sold on Uncanny as soon as I saw Scott; Emma and Mags being there is just gravy for me. Though I do agree with you that Logan's side has the better characters (aside from the above three, who are the best X-Men characters, imo). Probably deliberate though, to make sure the Logan-detractors still pick it up.  

Colossonaut is just silly. 
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By papad1992
@EnSabahNurX said:
@papad1992 said:
@EnSabahNurX said:
Lol I didn't want to say him because it would seem too random (that also describes nate grey in new mutants), But that was kid omega's look in schism(minus the gun)

Well if that is Kid Omega... Marvel has some explaining to do!!
jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jcbart
@EnSabahNurX: I don't think it's a gun, it looks like he's making that shape with his hand. 

To me, it looks like Madrox and Polaris are in front of Guido, Longshot is dead, Rachel (with a new costume) is the one in the background in Legacy and the one flying with all the fire is Oya.