Posted by G-Man (30333 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you been reading Ultimate Comics X? Since Ultimatum, many readers have been wondering what happened to the X-Men in the Ultimate Universe. We clearly saw that anything goes in the Ultimate Universe and many members of the X-Men perished. Without characters like Wolverine, Cyclops and Professor X, it seems you can't have a team of X-Men.

What people don't realize is the team has been slowly picking themselves up. In the first issue we saw Jimmy Hudson, a teenager that discovers he was adopted and has claws. Can you guess who his father was?

In the second issue we met a dark-haired girl calling herself Karen Grant. This telepathic mutant turned out to be hiding a bigger secret and started gathering mutants.

We also saw a winged Derek Morgan from Chicago as well as Liz Allan, who is known as Firestar in the Ultimate Universe.

There has been complaints over the delays (Arthur Adams ultra-detailed art takes time and he took time off to spend with his wife and newborn child). As we approach the upcoming Ultimate Comics Universe Reborn, what will the next issue bring us?

== TEASER ==

Jeph Loeb and Arthur Adams will give us the return of Ultimate Hulk. Besides Hulk, we're also going to see a vicious attack on Wolverine's son from a vengeance-fueled Sabretooth. What do Sabretooth and Hulk have in common? Will they both be against our heroes or will one offer assistance?

Issue #5 is on sale June 29, 2011 and will set up enormous changes that lead into Ultimate Comics Universe Reborn. Check out these preview pages.

Staff
#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

June 2011?? So 'soon' after issue 4?  I hope they have it ready as promised! :)
#2 Posted by G-Man (30333 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox-kitty: I did get a chance to talk to Jeph in Chicago (at C2E2). It'll be ready.

Staff
#3 Posted by TheShame (477 posts) - - Show Bio

yes!

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait! Jimmy's my favourite character in the Ultimate U.

#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

"I want your life!"

I too have heard that before having my clothes ripped off.

#6 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio

nice art
#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14435 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not reading Ultimate X but this looks really nice

#8 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

love some art adams, but his inks are bad. something gets lost from his pencils.

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Scotch Plains NJ! no doubt

#10 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

blond young wolvie nice

#11 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even know Ultimate X was still being published.

#12 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14399 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

"I want your life!"

I too have heard that before having my clothes ripped off.

Seconded i thought that was normal foreplay?
#13 Edited by Dh4niel (348 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I'll be reading another Ultimate X-Men comic, after the fiasco that was Ultimatum. Nice art work though and I do like Jeph Loeb's writing but unfortunately, that's not enough.

#14 Posted by karrob (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow!

#15 Posted by G-Man (30333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dh4niel: This has been a fun book and Arthur Adams art is worth the wait. The Ultimate books have been pretty stellar. I've been really digging the Death of Spider-Man story, even though it is another death story. I have no idea what's gonna happen next.

Staff
#16 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

I normally don't read the ultimate series but I may have to pick this up however I'll be picking it up  as a trade paperback collection
#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@xerox-kitty: I did get a chance to talk to Jeph in Chicago (at C2E2). It'll be ready.

Phew! I love both creators, but I can see why Arthur Adams doesn't do regular ongoing titles on a regular basis. This must be driving the poor guy crazy ;)

#18 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: +1
#19 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

i 'll check it out !

#20 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
Quicksilver seems to have plans for Sabretooth. And it looks like Jimmy is going to have a villain (his brother)

@Deranged Midget
said:

Can't wait! Jimmy's my favourite character in the Ultimate U.

same. have you seen this? The wolverine costume has never been in the Ultimate Universe. Im assuming that its to protect his adopted family because everyone hates mutants.
#21 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

@G-Man said:

Phew! I love both creators, but I can see why Arthur Adams doesn't do regular ongoing titles on a regular basis. This must be driving the poor guy crazy ;)

Yeah they should have replaced the artist of this book after Arthur had his baby. And then they should have had Arthur come back for Ultimate X-men.
#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123: Awesome! Good to see Jimmy taking his fathers place. Cool take on the classic costume.
#23 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

NICE!!!!

#24 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Bout damn time. :P

#25 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Sabretooth's claws? I thought he had a Wolverine set..

#26 Edited by NightFang (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how normal Sabretooth and Daken would fight would go down.

#27 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@perry_411

he does.  He's only used them in 2 story lines.  This is the ultimate universe where things are different so I don't know why he doesn't use them.  He also had hair on top of his head too.
#28 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@perry_411 said:
What happened to Sabretooth's claws? I thought he had a Wolverine set..
Loeb doesnt follow continuation. He makes his own.
#29 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Got excited about this then I realized that its an Ultimates...lame
#30 Posted by ninjadude853 (270 posts) - - Show Bio

wait wait wait, when did Ultimate X number 4 come out?

#31 Posted by xkoenig (393 posts) - - Show Bio
@ninjadude853 said:
wait wait wait, when did Ultimate X number 4 come out?
March 30th 2011. You missed it by quite a bit, but it's still on sale if you can find it. My comic shop still has them.
#32 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

So glad I decided to catch up with this series. Can't wait.

#33 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get exceted when this starts to be released bi monthly

#34 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#35 Posted by Hero1921 (149 posts) - - Show Bio

The Blonde kid Daken? Come on marvel come up with better ideas. I mean come one, Wolverine's son in the first place has the same powers as him. Poor writing and lame imagination from writers these days. Marvel needs to hire better writers, when I mean better writers.

#36 Posted by Ultimate_MiracleMan (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see Loeb finishing up his run on Ultimate X. Must be hard for the guy to be doing so much work for Marvel's TV stuff and trying to write comics as well. And the Ultimate relaunch will be good to, i'd love to have more Ultimate books to read.

#37 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, is this Ultimate Sabretooth ugly or what!!

#38 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan of the Ultimate universe, so I've not seen Sabretooth before now.  So why is a man with a healing factor... bald??    
#39 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey: ty, why have wolverine's son vs. sabretooth? I mean is this what the fans want?
#40 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Ultimate Sabretooth have Wolverine-esque claws? Or is that just more continuity Jeph's forgotten since Ultimatum?

#41 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

There's something about the Ultimate Universe I dislike: Sabertooth/Wolverine/Cable.

I dropped Ultimate X-Men a bit after Stuart Immonen's run so this is definitely something that confuses me. At first it's thought that Sabertooth is Wolverine's father, then his son then he reveals having 4 claws in each hand like daddy dearest, then he looks like he belongs in a cage with the claws resembling the Sabertooth from the first X-Men movie... Now I'm confused!

Still Jimmy and Sabertooth have history so it would be nice to figure out what is up there!

#42 Posted by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks good! Nice and brutal! I'll now run out and get the first three issues (runs out)

#43 Posted by NoelVeiga (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Ultimatum a lot of readers have been reading something else.

And good for us.

Just saying.
#44 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

So much of the blood =O

#45 Posted by DonavanWolfMaster (136 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Sabretooth's hair?

#46 Posted by Dru_zod (212 posts) - - Show Bio

@pixelized: What???????????????????

#47 Posted by TypH (374 posts) - - Show Bio

wow looking pretty freaking awesome!