WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN Return for another Semester

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

When AMAZING X-MEN was announced, many immediately wondered what this meant for Jason Aaron's WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN. Eventually word came out that the series would be ending with issue 42. Of course we should have known that didn't necessarily mean the end. A new series is coming with a new creative team.

No Caption Provided

This March, Wolverine and the rest of the Jean Grey School charge forward into All-New Marvel NOW! in Wolverine & The X-Men #1, the bombastic new series from the blockbuster creative team of Jason Latour and Mahmud Asrar!

If you thought the inaugural year of the Jean Grey School was crazy – you ain’t seen nothing yet! The X-Men of tomorrow have faced dangers unlike any other, and it’s not going to get easier any time soon. Summer School is in session, with new dangers, new faces…and is that Quentin Quire as a teacher?!?!?

“As we’ve seen this first year or so of the Jean Grey School has been a hard road. As a result we’ll begin with a lot of the teachers and students sitting on the edge of their seats just waiting for the bell to ring,” explained Latour. “Those that are left are the teachers and the kids who basically have nowhere to go. Headmasters Wolverine and Storm are spending the summer with Quire and Evan and Idie. The kids who are among the most potentially powerful and dangerous mutants alive.”

“In them we could be witnessing the growth of the next GREAT team of X-Men, or the creation of the biggest threats the Marvel U will ever see.”

And with Fantomex joining the staff, what could possibly go wrong? Get ready for an explosive new start for the Jean Grey school this March in Wolverine & The X-Men #1 – if they survive that long!

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #1

Written by JASON LATOUR

Art & Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR

ON-SALE THIS MARCH!

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

not a fan, and this doesn't look to change my opinion.

I want a classic x-man team, I know everyone has their favourites, but the old 90s team would be nice to see again

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why doesn't Marvel just relaunch everything as #1s?

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Because they are scared people will confuse them with DC.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Why? Frankly, I don't see the point in any of this.

"Oh my god, Wolverine and the X-Men ends. What will happen with Wolverine now? Oh, wait..."

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read about this like 2 days ago, I did not like WaTXM after a while, I mean I tried but could not stay on the book, I'll try the relaunch out for a few issues I just hope it is a lot better, I like that Quire s stepping up to the "big leagues" and Fantomex should be a good addition, we'll see how it goes.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Fantomex?

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found this out on my phone last night and it was the highlight of my lunch break. I for one am glad they did not forget about it and WATX will be continuing. I could do with out Phantom X but whatever.

Avatar image for doctor_malekith
Doctor_Malekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't this sort of contradict what's going on in Wolverine's solo title?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

I still don't understand all of these renumberings. Are these the titles that DIDN'T get renumbered as apart of the Marvel NOW? that's the only reason I can think of.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As in all at once like DC did? Idunno. It'd make everything more cohesive. I was gonna say "Well long-term fans hate it." but that doesn't really matter because they're relaunching them with a new first issue anyway...

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm in.

The Relaunches are helping Marvel to build more accessible "jump-on" points for new readers while not breaking the continuity for long time readers. Its annoying as hell, but when you look at how and where within the stories they are doing the relaunches, we are seeing less series get cancelled mid-story, and more of them doing short tight-runs that readers can see to completion but that Marvel doesn't lose their shirt on by running longer than it needs to be.

If the creative team, and characters prove popular enough, well just keep them for the next "NOW" and make it a continuation of the next story. If not, well then lets retry the same property with new folks and let the old team try a new property.

I'm kinda enjoying it.

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@doctor_malekith From the description I read for the W&tXM solicit, and the Wolverine one, these events make take place during a time where Wolverine is about to walk away from the school, and leave it in someone else's hands while he goes off and gets all body armor and gunned up.

That or he's just pulling quadruple duty like he always does.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a fan, and this doesn't look to change my opinion.

I want a classic x-man team, I know everyone has their favourites, but the old 90s team would be nice to see again

+1

Avatar image for doctor_malekith
Doctor_Malekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

UUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a pointless relaunch

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Why would you let Fantomex in a school? He shot a kid in the face!

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I hate this restarting of titles rather than continuing on with the original numbering. I would rather titles have some continuity and history rather than use gimmicks to generates a momentary blip of interest. Also saying new readers are intimidated by a title has several years worth of material is not a valid execuse. I was interested in X-Men so I bought some titles and read up on previous stories if I could not buy them.

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've never heard of Jason Latour, but I would hope he'll pick up the pieces Jason Aaron broke once AvX started.

That said, I'm not sure I can pick up another title (especially another X-title) (especially if it's twice-monthly), as much as I love the X-Men.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like the renumber.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@chocolatefrogs: I'd say that after AvX Aaron picked up the pieces with the Hellfire Saga. It pretty much put an end to the Hellfire Club for Kids and it was definitely better than the circus arc we got.

I'm overall excited WaTX isn't ending it was definitely one of my favorite X-Men titles since it was a nice detour away from all the seriousness we get in the other titles. Plus I loved the characters we got introduced to, even some of the new mutant students aren't that bad after a while

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By greenlucario

Fantomex? Like the character, not sure he belongs here. But adding Nightcrawler to the mix and things get interesting...that is until I see Latour's name on the book. Didn't like his Winter Soldier at all, was stagnant, unappealing, and a real let down, so I'll probably pass on this.

Like some of the above have mentioned I also want to see a book with more of the classic X-Men. I mean is it too much to ask that Nightcrawler, Colossus, Gambit, and Psylocke be in the same book?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Like some of the above have mentioned I also want to see a book with more of the classic X-Men. I mean is it too much to ask that Nightcrawler, Colossus, Gambit, and Psylocke be in the same book?

as weird as it seems somehow, I don't think that's ever happened. Even during the Utopia era, when they were all on the team, that never happened. Which is a shame, because it sounds great.

I do think the lineups for both X-Men and especially Amazing X-Men feel pretty classic, though, so I think it's kind of cool to have a couple books (this one and Uncanny) that pair classic characters with younger or newer ones, and the two schools idea works well for that.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that you were referring to the show, then I clicked on the link. I to my hopes up.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon said:

Why would you let Fantomex in a school? He shot a kid in the face!

Maiby Logan need some kids to be shooted, perhaps from some Hellfire...?)

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_guyver: i hear you ive been saying for years that marvel needs a company wide reboot

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_malekith: since when has Marvel ever cared about contradiction when it comes to Wolverine? I'm pretty sure he's a main character in what, six books now?

That aside, I'm glad they're relaunching this. The students have always been my favorite part about the X-men and I was worried they weren't going to be featured in anything. I wasn't buying the current WATXM, but I might have to add this to my list(I would also be perfectly happy having ANXM actually be about new X-men, but that's another story)

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#<----very excited but disgusted at the fact that Marvel is relaunching the number one again. Ugh...

stanIMatiON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand, but wish comics weren't all about milking certain characters to death. I have really grown tired of Wolverine as a character. When I see him on the cover of certain books, I pass on. I miss the days when there were great adventures in comics and writers and artist didn't screw with the origins, costume, history, or powers of a character every 10 or so issues. Oh well...

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_guyver said:

As in all at once like DC did? Idunno. It'd make everything more cohesive. I was gonna say "Well long-term fans hate it." but that doesn't really matter because they're relaunching them with a new first issue anyway...

some people whine too much, what dc did was easier to understand than the confusing crap marvel is doing. dc relaunch everything at once marvel is doing it one at a time i cant even find a proper jumping on point with these books

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lcazt1996 said:

@dark_guyver said:

some people whine too much, what dc did was easier to understand than the confusing crap marvel is doing. dc relaunch everything at once marvel is doing it one at a time i cant even find a proper jumping on point with these books

Right. They really should have just done a line-wide relaunch instead of this whole wishy-washy, wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey thing.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kantrip said:

I'm in.

The Relaunches are helping Marvel to build more accessible "jump-on" points for new readers while not breaking the continuity for long time readers. Its annoying as hell, but when you look at how and where within the stories they are doing the relaunches, we are seeing less series get cancelled mid-story, and more of them doing short tight-runs that readers can see to completion but that Marvel doesn't lose their shirt on by running longer than it needs to be.

If the creative team, and characters prove popular enough, well just keep them for the next "NOW" and make it a continuation of the next story. If not, well then lets retry the same property with new folks and let the old team try a new property.

I'm kinda enjoying it.

The voice of reason. This is my take on this as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Sounds boring, count me out.