Why is Doctor Doom Playing Nice with Reed Richards in Future Foundation #5?

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_
No Caption Provided

The fourth issue of Marvel's Future Foundation just hit stores and already fans are getting a sneak peek at issue #5! The Future Foundation must put a stop to the Council of Reeds and their plan to destroy the world- but how? With Valeria and Nathaniel's prompting, Reed Richards has reached out to some of the FF's biggest adversaries for help- in particular, Doctor Doom. Wait, Doctor Doom is helping Reed and the Future Foundation? When does that ever happen? Meanwhile, Sue Storm and Spider-Man continue to struggle to ease heightened tension in New Atlantis. To make matters worse, they will have to deal with an enemy they know all too well- Mole Man.

I still can't help feeling weirded out seeing Doctor Doom play nice with Reed Richards; that alone makes me want to pick up this issue. If you know Doctor Doom, you know he always has an alterior motive. Doom never makes a move that won't lead to his gaining the upper hand eventually in any situation, so what could his motivation for helping Reed and the Future Foundation be? Will they really manage to get a league of super-villains to work with them to stop the Council of Reeds? Check out the preview pages below and let us know what you think!

Source Marvel

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CRTrobinson

I think its a neat idea, this whole future foundation is kind of refreshing and a lot better than i first thought it would be.

jawbone957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jawbone957

Doesn't the guy on the cover look like Black Bolt, minus the tuning fork? The arm cape/wing is giving me that vibe. That would explain the light coming from the guys head.
Baal1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Baal1986
@jawbone957 said:
Doesn't the guy on the cover look like Black Bolt, minus the tuning fork? The arm cape/wing is giving me that vibe. That would explain the light coming from the guys head.
I just registered to say that xD You beat me to it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I haven't been able to read the final issues of Fantastic Four or the new FF series, but I wonder if the Scarlet Witch will be tied into whatever Doom is planning.  I should get around to reading those issues...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

@jawbone957: Black Bolt will be making his return this summer...

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By greeneagle

Ok, now i have to go pick this up and why the sudden change in the color of dooms cape and armor

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Thunderscream

I thought Artie was depowered...

gridlock464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By gridlock464

I have been loving Hickman’s run on Fantastic Four & FF, I was happy when he ditched the letter page one month and did that open letter to readers. The fact that guy has YEARS worth of stories he wants to tell has me beyond psyched.

There is a part of me, that still thinks marvel will try to pull the rug out from underneath Hickman and after issue #11 they’ll go back to Fantastic four #600. but I’ll worry about that when the time comes.

The aspect intrigues me about Doom is what is his end game? He’s not altruistic and not going to do this for the betterment of mankind.

The reference about silence in next issues title does make you think it’s going to be Black Bolt

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Kairan1979

Maybe he thinks that Future Foundation can bring him one step closer to DoomWorld.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By frogjitsu

I think they'll be able to get the league of super villains to help them, because what villain would jump at the chance to defeat Read Richards, even if it's not their Reed Richards?  Besides, defeating Reeds will give them much needed experience to defeat their Reed.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By The Impersonator

We better watch out for Black Bolt. He's going to scream our ears out.

Baal1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Baal1986

But are all of those villains working side by side with the Future Foundation? Why? I see A.I.M., The High Evolutionary, Diablo, The Mad Thinker and the Wizard there (besides Doom). Are they now allies? Or is it a "current crisis" type of deal?

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By BKole

Or maybe it's the fact that Doom got his brain danced on by the Intelligencia during World War Hulks, as is referenced in Fantastic Four before the FF arc began, and the deal that he made with Valeria is to help her so that they could help him not be a high functioning idiot anymore.

Perhaps.
Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

didn't Valerie make a deal with Doom

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Man of Lengend

hope black bolt actually shows up

Out_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Out_of_Space

I wanna see Black Bolt.
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I think Doom is a man of his word, that's why he is helping. He needed to get his brain fixed. Plus, I'm sure killing a few alternate reality versions of Reed is a bonus - specifically since some of them may even be smarter than Reed himself.

Also, IW and Spidey are in Old Atlantis, not New Atlantis.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By umbrafeline

i think dooms there because he knows that johnny didnt really die against annihilus and is being coy about it
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By JonesDeini
@gridlock464 said:

I have been loving Hickman’s run on Fantastic Four & FF, I was happy when he ditched the letter page one month and did that open letter to readers. The fact that guy has YEARS worth of stories he wants to tell has me beyond psyched.

There is a part of me, that still thinks marvel will try to pull the rug out from underneath Hickman and after issue #11 they’ll go back to Fantastic four #600. but I’ll worry about that when the time comes.

The aspect intrigues me about Doom is what is his end game? He’s not altruistic and not going to do this for the betterment of mankind.

The reference about silence in next issues title does make you think it’s going to be Black Bolt

I'm 99% sure it's going to be Black Bolt, Hickman's yet to hit us with a feint. So glad Hickman's writing this. And I think Doom's dog in this fight is that with no world, well there's nothing for him to rule. Whatever his reasons (aside from getting fixed and paying back his debt) I'm absolutely loving his presence. 
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By karrob
@G-Man said:

@jawbone957: Black Bolt will be making his return this summer...

Heck yeah! Thanks G-Man!!!
Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I'm a old man by hearts, and I want the old FF back!
goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By goldenkey

Never read F4 but I've been reading FF and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.  I can't stand Reed Richards for some reason.  He's just as annoying in the books as he was in the movies.

buzz86us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buzz86us

I am thinking he might be waiting it out to see if he can find a Reed that is more attuned to his ideas or he probably just wants to take advantage of that machine their making and twist it to his own ends.

JReed2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JReed2008

I think Doom is gunna help the FF just so he can learn how to defeat the Council of Reeds, and then with that knowledge he'd destroy the real Reed. Just a thought.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By doordoor123

Doom isnt going to do anything for a while. He just joined. Well see what happens.

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Punk1984

I really love that cover with Blackbolt standing over a destroyed FF

DoctorTrips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DoctorTrips

I'd like to think that Doom has realized that by the sheer nature of him being a villain he's in  a perpetual state of all his grand schemes crumbling to crap so he's just going to help the Future Foundation for a little while to get some good karma on his side before reverting back to his old ways and killing Mr. Fantastic in a taffy stretching machine.

Evpraksiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Evpraksiya
@Out_of_Space said:

I wanna see Black Bolt.

agree

By the way Doom please give Reed a nice kick.
perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By perry_411
@Emperormeister734:  yes she agreed to fix his brain in exchange for his help in the foundation. Doom handed off his empire to his son? 
sithfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 57

#30  Edited By sithfrog

Doom is just biding his time.  Brain damaged or not, he's always got an agenda that has HIS best interests at heart.  That's what makes Doom the BA that he is.

Of course if you asked him he would probably say "You DARE question Doom?!?"

Avatar image for deactivated-5a82f294c6df1
deactivated-5a82f294c6df1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they agreed to give him his brain back to a 100% in exchange for his help?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Its true, Doom always does have an ulterior motive behind what he does. So if he's helping Reed and the FF, then it begs the question just WHY is he doing it? I'm intrigued now...

Seraphim84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Seraphim84

I'd like to know how that conversation to change Doom's colors to white went.  "Look, if you really wanna be a part of the FF, you need to ditch the green scheme" "DOOM RESPECTS LABOR DAY FASHION".

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By JonesDeini
@BKole said:
Or maybe it's the fact that Doom got his brain danced on by the Intelligencia during World War Hulks, as is referenced in Fantastic Four before the FF arc began, and the deal that he made with Valeria is to help her so that they could help him not be a high functioning idiot anymore.

Perhaps.
LMAO, ah the simplest answer is often the best, my friend. 
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sa5m

I do enjoy this but still miss Johnny maybe hes being nice because he feels bad... well no

Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Midnight Monk

For those you wondering Black Bolt is due to make a return in the upcoming issues of FF

But moving on to Doom, gaining is mind and use of his magic back thanks to Reed after what the Intelligencia did to was debt enough but he probably does have something else up his sleeve, possibly he'll go after what the Evil Reeds are building for himself but to be frank when you've got a pack of Homicidal Reed Ricahrds out to destroy your universe, it tend to make you wanna stand up and say "hey I live here ya know!?"

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By maxicere

Doom must kill Richard.. I dream with this idea

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By nefarious

Doom is probably playing them for a fool.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By AgeofHurricane

The guy on left out of those 4 vilians? looks like Wolverine

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By shawn87

Looks like Black Bolt to me

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Eyz

DOOM DOESN'T PLAY NICE WITH OTHERS! OTHERS BOW BEFORE DOOM'S NICE ATTITUDE HE GIVES FREELY TO PUNY HUMANS WHO AREN'T WORTHY OF HIS HATE.

Seriously though, the guy's probably planning a thousand schemes in advance. "It's all part of the plan".

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

He has a plan
Avatar image for deactivated-5a82f294c6df1
deactivated-5a82f294c6df1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait I just thought of this: what if Doom has gone soft and to the good side? Remember who he was engaged to in Children's Crusade and seemed to really care for enough to have a change of heart?

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By CATPANEXE
@BKole said:

Perhaps.
this.
DKing_CiCADA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DKing_CiCADA

<3 Hickman 

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By VanTesla

Does Doom still have problems with his brain? 
Never mind just read BKole post.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By KRYPTON

Once he gets his smarts back, Doom will be his annoying evil self again. However, the F4 disbanded, who would think that Marvel's first family would disband? Well we could see the signs, but really? So Doom might get his genius brain again and stay with the team, besides since Reed's father is on the team he should already know.