War Of Kings Quickly Sells Out

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
Secret Invasion: War Of Kings #1 (Second Printing)
Secret Invasion: War Of Kings #1 (Second Printing)
I still haven't read Secret Invasion: War Of Kings.  It's sitting on my desk at home.  How was it?  To be honest, I'm not the biggest Inhumans fan.  I respect them and their place in the Marvel Universe.  There's just something about them that doesn't overly excite me.  Maybe things will change with this?
Marvel is pleased to announce that Secret Invasion: War of Kings has sold out at Diamond (though copies may be available at the retail level) and will return with Secret Invasion: War of Kings Second Printing Variant. From the fan favorite creative team of writers Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (better known as DnA) and artist Paul Pelletier, this is the one-shot kicking off the biggest cosmic super hero event of the century! In the aftermath of Secret Invasion, the Inhumans must return to the Kree world—but first it’s time to exact revenge on the remaining Skrulls! Meanwhile, how will Vulcan and his Shi’Ar Empire respond? This new printing features Pelletier’s powerful interior art on a new cover!

“From its explosive opening salvo, Secret Invasion: War of Kings immediately engages the reader… Pelletier does a fantastic job of capturing each scene”—Richard Rentaria, Newsarama.Com

“A Must Read… it's easy to call [Pelletier’s] work a success here.”—Bryan Joel, IGN.Com

“Secret Invasion: War of Kings works as an entertaining, action-packed prologue to the War of Kings event.”—WeeklyComicBookReview.Com

“Spectacularly exciting and fun..Buy It.”—Nick Budd, ComicPants.Com

Marvel urges retailers to check their orders on all War of Kings tie-ins, as the cosmic epic continues to garner buzz and the new War of Kings: Darkhawk #1 debuts in February!

SECRET INVASION: WAR OF KINGS SECOND PRINTING VARIANT (NOV088112)
Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
Penciled by PAUL PELLETIER & BONG DAZO
Cover by PAUL PELLETIER
Rated T+ …$3.99
FOC—1/22/09, On-Sale—2/11/09

War Of Kings: Darkhawk #1
War Of Kings: Darkhawk #1
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Slinger

I thought it was a little bit of a disappointment. However, I will probably skip Dark Reign and follow this instead for purely financial reasons.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

I do like Darkhawk.  But I'm not too keen on Vulcan.  I'll get them but they won't be the first comics I read unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Korg

I thought it was pretty well done, although the characterization of the Inhumans seems to have been immediately sacrificed, which is a shame as I'm a huge fan. I'll just say that I love Maximus's dialogue in this issue, it really gives you a sense that he might not be as crazy as people thought he was. Or maybe he is. The Inhuman/Kree interaction also surprised me. Good read, IMO.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Slinger

Maximus is good, but...
Korg said:

"...the characterization of the Inhumans seems to have been immediately sacrificed..."
...that is what stuck out to me the most. I'll be following mostly because, while I'm not a big fan of Vulcan, I love the Starjammers. I'm also really into what has been going on in Nova, and can't wait for the new corps' involvement.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
It was pretty good overall... not too many complaints on it
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kurrent

I thought that was only a One Shot...Either way I loved it

Kingbreaker was great too

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Lady Tlieso

I'm really looking forward to War of Kings and Kingbreaker, they involve a lot of characters I like but havn;t really been in the spotlight lately. I thought Kingbreaker got off to a nice start, I have yet to read War of Kings though. Hopefully it will be better than some of the recent story arcs.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I cannot wait for War of Kings!!!!  This one-shot was beast!

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Djinn

i was mad, i love the inhumans and thought i was gonna get new info on them but it just talked about what happened in comics i already read, but i guess they have to do that so others can catch on

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Korg

Djinn, what did you think of the way the Inhumans were portrayed? Did you feel they were incongruously characterized? Maximus's role in particular seemed at odds with the other Inhumans material put out over the past decade or two, IMO.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I thought it was good characterization.  I liked their response to the whole thing.  As for Maximus, isn't he at least trying to be good yet he's still crazy?  

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Korg
Mr. Wilson said:
"I thought it was good characterization.  I liked their response to the whole thing.  As for Maximus, isn't he at least trying to be good yet he's still crazy?  "
Maximus went from stealing the crown from Black Bolt and enslaving Medusa in Silent War, to being completely subservient to her and Black Bolt in this issue. Ahura seems to have been cured of his madness, out of nowhere. Black Bolt is also heavily out of character, but I suppose that is because "he's mad a shell, and he's not going to take any more!". Don't get me wrong, I'm loving them tearing it up, but it is something they have gone to ridiculous lengths to avoid in the past. I also think Ronan was mischaracterized.