• 58 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Walt Simonson has worked on series featuring the Fantastic Four to Thor to X-Factor, and now, starting this Spring, he'll be joining writer Mark Waid on INDESTRUCTABLE HULK. According to a source, the artist is listed on the latest teaser image from Marvel comics.

The new Marvel NOW! Hulk series is set to hit stores this April, so be sure to get this series on your pull list if you're a fan of Simonson, Waid and the Hulk. What we want to know is, what the heck does he think he's doing trying to pick up Mjolnir? What do you think of the news?

Source: iFanboy

#1 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

Herm....

Always wanted to see him lift it..

#2 Posted by Sakurafire (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Walt Simonson? Adding to my pull in 3, 2, 1...

#3 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm apprehensive after the art in Avengers didn't look great but it could turn out for the best maybe.

#4 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

not ba art

#5 Posted by nappystr8 (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel really needs to strive to keep some consistency in their artists. With double shipping obviously no title will keep their original artist for long, but at least replace them with someone who has a somewhat similar style. I actually like Walt Simonson, but I can't imagine Leinil Yu fans being very happy with this change-up.

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather Leinil Yu remained on the series, I wasn't a fan of Walt Simonson's art in Avengers #26.

#7 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Yu hasn't been bad, but I can't say he's really wowed me. I'm curious where he's going though.

#8 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

WALT SIMONSON?!?!?!?!? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh if only he would come back to Thor!!!! Thor needs the epicness that Simonson can bring!!!

#9 Posted by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#10 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree 100 %

#11 Posted by connor110693 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

just to say babs but the hulk series has been out for a while now so it doesnt hit stores in april, you may have meant that but the way it was worded made it seem like it was meant to start april :)

#12 Posted by dondave (38584 posts) - - Show Bio

what happened to Leinil Yu?

#13 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3928 posts) - - Show Bio

All I care about is Hulk wielding the hammer...

#14 Posted by nappystr8 (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Double shipping happened. A vast majority of quality artists just cannot keep up with the bi-weekly schedule Marvel is sticking to. Same reason Immonem is off of All-New X-Men in issue #7, Steve Dillon is off of Thunderbolts in March, and that Coipel is filling in for Cassaday in Uncanny Avengers #5. I would be very surprised if more than two books maintain the same creative team on any Marvel Now book for more than 10 issues (5 months).

#15 Posted by impossibilly (892 posts) - - Show Bio

That. Looks. Awesome!

#16 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

So...is Lenlil Yu headed somewhere else?

#17 Posted by dondave (38584 posts) - - Show Bio

@nappystr8: Errgh, after seeing Walt Simonson's art in Avengers #36 I dont want him any where near Indestructible Hulk. They should bring in Ibriam Roberson

#18 Posted by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I hope the "what happens on the cover doesn't happen in the comic" is true here. Gonna piss a lot of people off if Hulk actually picks it up.

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

well this might be only for thor, i mean, the amazing spider-man shifted artists but always came back to ramos.

i think walt will be joining only because of thor.

#20 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Indestructible Hulk undergoing any double-shipping? It hasn't so far.

#21 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

... Lenil Yu is better suited to the book.

Also what happened to the armor? I was really liking that look.

#22 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I really hope this is a temporary thing, like a fill in to give Yu a break. Leinil Yu is an awesome artist and I don't want him to leave this book.

#23 Posted by nappystr8 (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

Is Indestructible Hulk undergoing any double-shipping? It hasn't so far.

I stand corrected. I guess Indestructible Hulk is among the few titles that is not double shipping after all.

#24 Posted by TDK_1997 (14991 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want him.I don't like his art style.

#25 Posted by Ministurt (80 posts) - - Show Bio

He's in hulk not Thor?! By odin's beard this could be awsome he could be the first hulk writer to have Thor beat the snot out of him.

#26 Posted by The_Tree (7737 posts) - - Show Bio

This is disappointing. I would've rather kept Yu.

#27 Posted by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Who else is not very excited about these art team shake ups?

#28 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope to see him do a good job with Mark Waid

#29 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Please don't

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ministurt said:

He's in hulk not Thor?! By odin's beard this could be awsome he could be the first hulk writer to have Thor beat the snot out of him.

don't get your hopes up, waid strongly believes that hulk is the strongest, as seen from his interviews, also if thor is going to win, WHICH HE WON"T! it'll be a fair fight, as it always should be.

#31 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

... Lenil Yu is better suited to the book.

Also what happened to the armor? I was really liking that look.

he is. but i bet he is only here cuz of thor. YU WILL BE BACK!

in some covers he doesn't have the full armor , but waid is still here ( the most essential part of the book) so he won't abandon the armor.

#32 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

what happened to Leinil Yu?

was wondering this too...

#33 Posted by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

@nappystr8 said:

@dondave: Double shipping happened. A vast majority of quality artists just cannot keep up with the bi-weekly schedule Marvel is sticking to. Same reason Immonem is off of All-New X-Men in issue #7, Steve Dillon is off of Thunderbolts in March, and that Coipel is filling in for Cassaday in Uncanny Avengers #5. I would be very surprised if more than two books maintain the same creative team on any Marvel Now book for more than 10 issues (5 months).

Indestructible Hulk has been a monthly title though...

#34 Edited by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really disappointing I think the current creative team is perfect, and looking at that cover, it looks like the artist is getting rid of the buzz cut which I really like. I just love Yu's style and I think it fits the book perfectly. This art is just so much different...c'mon I need some consistency! Indestructible Hulk is my 2nd favorite Marvel title and I hope it can remain at that spot even with the artist change-up.

"The new Marvel NOW! Hulk series is set to hit stores this April" Actually it's been ongoing since November.

#35 Posted by Rainja (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Art is garbage!

#36 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Simonson is an awesome writer, but his art is not as good as it once was. Also, NO WAY COULD HULK BE WORTHY TO LIFT MJOLNIR!!

#37 Posted by tomlikesfries (4698 posts) - - Show Bio

@nappystr8 said:

@dondave:

Immonem is off of All-New X-Men in issue #7,

Steve Dillon is off of Thunderbolts in March,

and that Coipel is filling in for Cassaday in Uncanny Avengers #5.

NOOO!

YESS!

YESS!

#38 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god no

#39 Posted by deadpool25mm (604 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, maybe it doesnt even have to do with Mjolnir.., maybe its just trying to show that Hulk isnt worthy for something. thats what covers do.

#40 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, this art is hella stupid. It looks like a characature. I freakin hate characatures!

#41 Posted by RedX9 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it doesn't ship twice a month. it gets hard to keep up with titles when they ship twice monthly. I hope they just keep it at once!

#42 Posted by BIGALWILLIAMS (58 posts) - - Show Bio

If Hulk lifts that hammer that would be a bunch of b.s. in the 616 universe.It would be like the weak,crappy Ultimate Thor where anyone can lift Mjolnir.

#43 Edited by movieartman (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

WALT SIMONSON?!?!?!?!? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh if only he would come back to Thor!!!! Thor needs the epicness that Simonson can bring!!!

NO he better not touch Arrons thor run, He was truly great IN THE 80S, his modern work is HORRIBLE, his work in the AVX issues of the Avengers is so far from Epic its sicking, Arron and Ribics run could be the best run of thor ever, NO OTHER CRAPPY ARTIST Will replace Ribic and Ruin it, not Simonson NOT ANYONE!!!

look at this drek look at it!!!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71700/2345513-prev_img_3_super.jpeg

the energy beams are cool, and thors scales are well drawn but it doesnt change the fact that simonson drew a waistless thor and the Protector SCISSORING IN SPACE!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#44 Posted by movieartman (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@nappystr8: Errgh, after seeing Walt Simonson's art in Avengers #36 I dont want him any where near Indestructible Hulk. They should bring in Ibriam Roberson

Absolutly Agree man, Roberson is fantastic and needs a Push, if Esad Ribic HAS to have a replacement or sub artist on Thor:GOT i hope its him

#45 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

@movieartman said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

F##K NO he better not touch Arrons thor run, He was truly great IN THE 80S, his modern work is HORRIBLE, his work in the AVX issues of the Avengers is so far from Epic its sicking, Arron and Ribics run could be the best run of thor ever, NO OTHER CRAPPY ARTIST Will replace Ribic and Ruin it, not Simonson NOT ANYONE!!!

look at this drek look at it!!!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71700/2345513-prev_img_3_super.jpeg

the energy beams are cool, and thors scales are well drawn but it doesnt change the fact that simonson drew a waistless thor and the Protector SCISSORING IN SPACE!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ANYONE CAN HAVE A SLUMP!!!!! His run on Thor was LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not saying the current Thor run is BAD, I'm actually enjoying to be honest, just that with Simonson's genius it could be just as LEGENDARY as his LEGENDARY run on Thor!!!!

#46 Posted by strangeling (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Simonson used to rock :(

Does he at least still have the best signature in comics?

#47 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this kinda thing was what Marvel NOW was saying WASN'T going to happen? Yu to Simonson as a major artist for a book like this? I don't like the idea, not one bit, especially since Yu's art is infinitely better. Not happy about this..not at all...

#48 Posted by urstenky (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Once upon a time, in the '70's, '80's, and early '90's, I loved Walt Simonson's art! He had a nice style the first time he had the art chores on Thor. When he returned to Thor in the mid-80's his art was rougher and raw and had lots of emotion and energy! It rocked!! Emphasis on the, "once upon a time". That was then, this is now. While Simonson's art is still better than a lot of main stream, look alike artists that flood the comic market today, Simonson has lost a step. His art no longer has the rough, raw look of Thor #337 nor does it it have the clean look of Thor #260 (from his first run on Thor). Now, his art is just rough. Simonson has been penciling here and there over the past year or so and maybe if he gets into a grove from working on a book on a monthly or every three weeks schedule, Simonson's art will again have that great spark from yesteryear (if he can hold up under the grind of being on a book full time again)!! Here's to you, Walt; I hope your pencil regains its full spark again!!

#49 Posted by GreenScar1990 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically speaking, it isn't impossible for Hulk to lift Thor's hammer Mjolnir. It is not a matter of if he's worthy, it's a matter of overcoming the enchantment that's bestowed upon the mystical weapon. And I believe that if Hulk becomes angry enough, he could definitely lift Mjolnir.

And judging from the picture, he's managed to lift it off the ground slightly.

By the way, Thor beating Hulk, with or even without Mjolnir in any confrontation... not gonna happen! XD

Seriously, I would've liked a better artist. Nothing against Walt, but his current art is nowhere near as great as his earlier works on Thor.

#50 Posted by dondave (38584 posts) - - Show Bio

@movieartman: Agreed