#1 Posted by G-Man (37021 posts) - - Show Bio
Venom: Dark Origin #3

In stores 10/1

Marvel sent another preview.  I have to admit that Angel Medina's pencils look pretty good in this issue.  He's usually hit and miss with me.  His Secret Wars scene in nice.

“Amid the chaos, there comes a costume--!” On an alien world, at the behest of an all-powerful megalomaniac, armies of heroes and villains face off in one of the greatest conflicts in Marvel history…and Spider-Man is there! As failed journalist Eddie Brock sinks deeper into the poisonous depths of his soul, the hero who ruined his life comes back from the Secret Wars with a living, breathing alien symbiote. Writer Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) and artist Angel Medina (SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN) chronicle the twin corruptions doomed to bring together a wreck of a man and a jealous monster to form one of Spider-Man’s deadliest foes!

#2 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#3 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks awesome!

#4 Posted by danhimself (22651 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not totally enjoying the art but story wise this book has been great

#5 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the art kinda.  I just like it for some reason...:P

#6 Posted by danhimself (22651 posts) - - Show Bio

i just don't like how the faces are drawn all stretchy like

#7 Posted by The Black Wolf (118 posts) - - Show Bio

This series is eh to me.

#8 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"i just don't like how the faces are drawn all stretchy like"
I know what you mean.  He reminds me of a lower skilled Tod McFarlane.

The Black Wolf said:
"This series is eh to me."

I think after this issue hits it will pick up momentum.
#9 Posted by G-Man (37021 posts) - - Show Bio

Medina did do Spawn for a while after Todd stopped drawing.  Sometimes his stuff looks good. Other times a little goofy.  I actually have a sketch from him of Thanos.  Just his head but it's good.  I should dig it out.

#10 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"Medina did do Spawn for a while after Todd stopped drawing.  Sometimes his stuff looks good. Other times a little goofy.  I actually have a sketch from him of Thanos.  Just his head but it's good.  I should dig it out."

Cool.  I thought he drew Spawn for a while.