Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

This coming February two of comics' most hard-hitting ladies are coming together in a cross-over that will be, according to the series' writer Doug Wagner, "NOT your typical crossover." Top Cow's Witchblade and Dynamite Entertainment's Red Sonja will be joining forces in an all new adventure to battle a "cannibalistic monstrosity into the heart of a dead, black mountain" while Sara Pezzini, wielder of the Witchblade embarks on an investigation into the death of a Catholic Priest. So, where will these two ladies cross paths?

Most cross-over stories involve some sort of sci-fi element that explains how the two universes meet up, yet according to Wagner, readers won't be seeing the two universes merge through "time traveling...soul swapping [or] messages in a bottle."

The first issue won't have the two heroes fighting against each other until they figure out who the real villain is. If that's what you're here for, you've come to the wrong place. WitchBlade/Red Sonja #1 is the beginning of a grisly trial for both characters. Red Sonja and Sara Pezzini are about to plummet into despair and hopelessness, both physically and emotionally. Their beliefs and courage will be tested, and it will take more than just either heroine brandishing their fabled weapons to overcome this threat. Humanity as they know it is at risk. And if one fails, they both fail."

Sound Interesting? A little bit different than the cross over stories we're used to? It might be interesting to see just how these two ladies' paths cross, and under what circumstances. What do you think of the Witchblade/Red Sonja cross-over? Would you consider picking up WITCHBLADE/RED SONJA #1 February 2012?

#1 Posted by cdeoleo (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope fulfills that secret task!

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that is an interesting crossover! Different indeed...but not unworkable!

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pick it up. It has the potential to be awesome. I wonder who the artist will be.

#4 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

seems cool. dont like the art on the cover, hopefully it isnt interior

#5 Posted by Neverpraying (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#6 Posted by Mekboy (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

Another comic I have to get but won't!!!! D:

#7 Posted by Whisper_ (3454 posts) - - Show Bio

Another comic that I need to buy....

I'll probably trade wait.

Ugh, but Top Cow's trades literally fall apart at the seams D:

#8 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

"this won't be your ordinary cross over."

Apparently, this will be more like your usual pinup swimsuit special.

#9 Posted by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyz said:

"this won't be your ordinary cross over."

Apparently, this will be more like your usual pinup swimsuit special.

Only with blood and gear.

#10 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

iam only getting it for red sonja shes one of my fav comic babes.

#11 Posted by Jake Fury (19269 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting!

#12 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool premise, I may have to check this one out. Man Dynamite has really been putting out a ton of top notch stuff lately. I've loved all the Kirby Genesis stuff, and will be checking out this crossover as well as the Vampirella & Dracula story.

#13 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Kid_Zombie (822 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool sounds pretty sweet! And I am happy to see this site post something about a different comic company other then the big two for a change!

#15 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury said:

Looks interesting!
#16 Posted by Nuec_Sol (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this

#17 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea, not a fan of those stereotypical crossovers really so if this is breaking away from that, I'm up for it

#18 Edited by LstPaladin (9430 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see this, about time Red S took center stage

#19 Posted by kadosho_16bit (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Neat idea, just the cover art feels "meh". I hope there are alternates.. just not feeling too positive about the art. (if this is it) Plus its a rare crossover, even between these two characters.