#1 Edited by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Vs Odin?!

Thor: Man of War
This November, don’t miss the earth-shattering, sky-scorching epic clash between father and son in the one-shot, Thor: Man of War!  Continuing the success of their last two collaborations, join the acclaimed creative team of Matt Fraction and Patrick Zircher (Thor: Ages of Thunder, Thor: Reign of Blood) for the Norse tale that’s been eons in the making! For countless millennia, the God of Thunder, Thor, has raged and rebelled against the word of his father, the all-powerful Odin.  But…Odin won’t have anymore!  And so as another cycle begins, Thor must stand up against the supreme wrath of the enraged All-Father!  Does the might of Thor stand a chance?

When a father is fed up with the impulsive tantrums of a selfish titan, who will come out the victor?  Witness the epic battle, only such talents like Matt Fraction and Patrick Zircher could deliver in Thor: Man of War!

THOR: MAN OF WAR (SEP082382)
Written by MATT FRACTION
Penciled by CLAY MANN and PATRICK ZIRCHER
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Rated T+…$3.99
FOC—11/06/08, On-Sale—11/26/08
#2 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the destroyer may provide me with a new avatar but I doubt I'll pick up this book.

#3 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm tempted to read but i know nothing of Thor. Pretty colors though

#4 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!!!

#5 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

I would prefer if they had Jesus, Buddha, and Muhammad, beating up Hercles and Thor.

#6 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldnt be fair they r high lvl sky fathers :P

#7 Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many Thor one-shots (and mini's) lately.

#8 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

They get god reviews though.  I think it is because the main book gets delayed often.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (225168 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor is Decent... I might check it out
#10 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is better than decent!!!!

#11 Posted by lordraiden (7614 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Too many Thor one-shots (and mini's) lately."

Never enough, G :-) Long live the Odinson!
#12 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

I personally like them.  Why doesn't he wear the same costume as he does in the core series?

#13 Posted by fesak (6982 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Too many Wolverine one-shots (and mini's) lately."
Fixed.
#14 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"G-Man said:
"Too many Wolverine one-shots (and mini's) lately."
Fixed."

almost, leave the 'lately' behind :p
#15 Posted by lordraiden (7614 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"lol

I personally like them.  Why doesn't he wear the same costume as he does in the core series?"

cause these a past stories, in his younger days, so to speak, so he wears his more classic version, with slight variation!
#16 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh.  i haven't been getting the last few because of my budget.  This one looks worth it though.

#17 Posted by lordraiden (7614 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Ahh.  i haven't been getting the last few because of my budget.  This one looks worth it though."

Tell me about it :-) i'll be getting all of them, and this one'll be no exception, and looks even better than the others!
#18 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Ahh.  i haven't been getting the last few because of my budget.  This one looks worth it though."

Tell me about it :-) i'll be getting all of them, and this one'll be no exception, and looks even better than the others!"

lol

Yeah, I'll pick this one up.