• 53 results
Posted by G-Man (31798 posts) - - Show Bio

Late last year we saw a teaser for an upcoming story line in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, The Ends of the Earth. Today, Marvel has released the following teaser image to give us more of an idea of what Spider-Man can expect.

Uh oh...

The next big Spider-Man epic begins in Amazing Spider-Man #682, part one of Ends Of The Earth, by Dan Slott and Stefano Caselli! The Sinister Six, led by the vengeful Doctor Octopus, is back and they’re looking for revenge! Can Spider-Man & Earth’s Mightiest save the world before Doc Ock’s explosive endgame is revealed? Find in Amazing Spider-Man #682 hitting comic shops and the Marvel Comics app this March!

Join the conversation on Twitter with #SpiderMan.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #682 (JAN120658)

Written by DAN SLOTT

Pencils & Cover by STEFANO CASELLI

Colors by FRANK MARTIN JR.

FOC – 2/27/12, ON SALE – 3/21/12

Staff
#1 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

could it beat spider island?

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my! I've hardly recovered from Spider-Island! :)

I keep forgetting how creepy Doc Ock's new look is. Anyway, while I'm not a fan of villain-lead stories, this has me intrigued!

#3 Posted by Malonius (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey has such formidable rogues if they're not jobbing.

#4 Posted by DefaultProphet (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh good the same guys that have been going after Spider-man for years are continuing to go after Spider-man!

#5 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Doc ock just die already?

#6 Posted by sora_thekey (8159 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Doc Ock remind anybody else of Darth Vader?

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8985 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited to see another story arc for Spider-man. Loved Spider-Island and hopefully it is as good

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey said:

No... but I do see why you'd think that.

I'm liking it.

#9 Posted by TenEyedMen (212 posts) - - Show Bio

@SexualLobster: But then who would be left as Spidey's archnemesis? Norman is not the Goblin and Eddie is no longer Venom.

#10 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

The kind of prelude issue was awesome, can't wait for this!

#11 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait, this will be so epic!!!!

Publishers should take note of how Dan Slott handles these events: With good story! Seriously whoever does the big crossover events should read Spider Island and the rest of his work and learn a few things

#12 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

All hell is about to break loose. Doc Ock is definitely going to go out with a bang.

#13 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman should just end them all in a serious epic battle, classic villains or not it's time to move on from these guys. I've been into Spidey for quite sometimes and these villains are like a scratched record now.I'm sick of the whole symbiote thing as well,venom, carnage,etc... they've been driven in the mud.

#14 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW! i`m excited ..

#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Good lord this intrigues me to no end now!

#16 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Doc Ock actually dying of? I don't remember them saying it in anything I've read & I read an Iron Man issue where it was showing flashbacks of Doc Ock's fractures & injuries to his head over the years. Is he fighting brain damage or what exactly?

#17 Posted by AskaniSon295 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

they look Sinister all 6 of them.

#18 Posted by JMLG (135 posts) - - Show Bio

give Electro his mask back

#19 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Did'nt know they changed Doc Ock and Electro's look.

#20 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Doc Octopus is vengeful and therefore looking for revenge........who would have guessed......

#21 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey said:

I think of him as a mix of Vader and a mummy.

#22 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@TenEyedMen said:

@SexualLobster: But then who would be left as Spidey's archnemesis? Norman is not the Goblin and Eddie is no longer Venom.

Don't care. He's been dying for too damn long now, this arc better end with him dying. And hopefully staying that way,

#23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@DefaultProphet said:

Oh good the same guys that have been going after ____ for years are continuing to go after _____!

This describes a lot of comic books.

#24 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (689 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey said:

What? Do you mean they're going to hire Hayden Christiansen to play young Doc Ock in the reboot film? Is that what you're saying??? OH GOD WHY!!

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

Spiderman should just end them all in a serious epic battle, classic villains or not it's time to move on from these guys. I've been into Spidey for quite sometimes and these villains are like a scratched record now.I'm sick of the whole symbiote thing as well,venom, carnage,etc... they've been driven in the mud.

Someone hasn't been reading the Venom series or Carnage USA. Or noticing how the sinister six characters have been made more interesting again. (Sandman and Chameleon aside).

#26 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: I guess I'll have 2 catch up! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@InnerVenom123: I guess I'll have 2 catch up! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

No prob.

#28 Posted by The Impersonator (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg said:

could it beat spider island?

Hmmm.....maybe.

#29 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lt_Cmdr_Kicker said:

What is Doc Ock actually dying of? I don't remember them saying it in anything I've read & I read an Iron Man issue where it was showing flashbacks of Doc Ock's fractures & injuries to his head over the years. Is he fighting brain damage or what exactly?

His body is basically failing him due to all the injuries he suffered over the years. Currently, you could say that he's, "More machine now than man twisted and evil." lol.

#30 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait....I seriously hope that Slott gets on one of the Avengers books after Bendis leaves

#31 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

does look interesting...

#32 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Ock keeps getting slammed on. Just make him the villian he should be, not robo-Doc.

#33 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man based arcs are the best Marvels events right now

#34 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11314 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not big on the whole spider-man series but why does Doc Oc look so weird there? He doesn't look human at all.

#35 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know Rhino got a minor costume change (the top half of his face being covered in the same material as the rest of his costume). Anyways.I guess the Sinister Six are going to take their efforts worldwide now just to draw out Spider-Man?

#36 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7659 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I do miss Electro's mask though.

#37 Posted by saoakden (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@rasx: I Know the Doc was different cause he was dying but I didnt know they changed his look entirly either. IDK y but Electro new look looks like Iron Fist's Green costume to me.

This is what people who are hellbent on killing some would say. I hope the ratings are better for this event than Spider-Island. I read like one issue from Spider-Island, and I liked it. It was funny and serious. Wonder how long this event is?

#38 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@TenEyedMen said:

Aaaaahh but I think you forgot our Normie still hates Spidey from the bottom of the hole where his heart should be :p and carnage, isn't he like ... back? .-.

#39 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@SexualLobster said:

Damn! Why?

#40 Posted by MisterParker (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@saoakden: Somebody hasn't been reading Spidey comics recently. Electro and Mystero preserved whatever remained of Doc Ock in that suit, where he will 'spend my remaining days. It is what I will on when I die.'

#41 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

I found respect for Electro an Sandman when they majorly powered up in the gauntlet i might read this ;3

#42 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@notarandomguy said:

@TenEyedMen said:

Aaaaahh but I think you forgot our Normie still hates Spidey from the bottom of the hole where his heart should be :p and carnage, isn't he like ... back? .-.

I actually didn't write that part :S

I don't know why I'm quoted as saying that :s

#43 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@SexualLobster said:

Damn! Why?

He's been 'dying' for a while now. If he magically live for some stupid reason, I'm going to have to pimp slap Marvel. And I prefer Marvel.

#44 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds like an interesting storyline. can't wait to read it.

#45 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good to see they're finally tying up this whole Dock Ock's big plan and Sinister Six thing, at least it looks like they're finally on it? This has been going since? I know it picked up in speed around Grim Hunt at least.

#46 Posted by saoakden (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterParker: Yeah I haven't, I want to but I have no money. What issue did this happen? I did see some covers on The Invincible Iron Man were he looks like the way he looks or something.

#47 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh...not liking the current take on Rhino, Elektro and that awful Dock Ock... Bleh... :/

On the plus side;I gotta say the "Sinister" name is quite fitting now though :P

#48 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malonius said:

Spidey has such formidable rogues if they're not jobbing.

If they stopped jobbing, Spiderman would die half way through one of his own issues. Now that wouldnt be a fun comic to read would it?

#49 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

how many times did spidey beat them

#50 Posted by blastaar (108 posts) - - Show Bio

How exciting.....a bunch villain's from Spidey's old rogues gallery ganging up against Spidey.....again.

Someone wake me when its over -________-