gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

She’s lean, she’s mean and she has no idea she’s the daughter of a monster killing machine! This October, it’s the Marvel Universe’s resident vampire hunter like you’ve never seen before in BLADE #1 – a brand new ongoing series from writer Tim Seeley (Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy) and artist Logan Faerber (Secret Wars: Battleworld)!

Meet Fallon Grey. A normal sixteen year old girl from rural Oregon. Nominated for Prom Queen, Captain of the Debate Team, most popular girl in her class. But there is another side to Fallon. A feeling like there’s something else going on inside. When terror strikes her small town, she’ll find out just how right she was. As fearsome supernatural forces invade her town, hunting her down – she’ll come face to face with something even more shocking than the monsters on her tail.

Eric Brooks…Blade…her father?!

“[Fallon’s] sort of ‘anti-Peter Parker’,” says Tim Seeley in an interview with Marvel.com. “She’s popular, she’s well-liked, and it seems like the world is her oyster. But, the expectations that come with being so damn perfect are starting to break her down, and that’s before she learns she’s the heir to a Daywalking-Monster-Stabbing-Empire.”

But there is a new evil brewing deep in the forests of Oregon. A new cult of monster scientists, twisting and mutating demons, vampires, werewolves and more into even powerful new creatures. To stop them it will take more than one Daywalker. And in each other, Eric and Fallon may just discover the purpose they’ve each been struggling to find. Don’t miss the highly anticipated new series when it debuts this October in BLADE #1!

No Caption Provided

BLADE #1

Written by TIM SEELEY

Art by LOGAN FAERBER

Variant Cover by TIM SEELEY

On Sale October 2015!

No Caption Provided

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's gotten this bad on the Vine?

Beata

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YESYESYES they're not turning bladeinto a girl! He's needed an ongoing for ages now

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've gotta be kidding me...

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NukeA6

So it's become a black Hack/Slash. It should be fine as long as they don't throw in that political-correct crap that's infecting most of Marvel.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By ScrappyDont27

I do like how blade looks but that concept sounds a lot like the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, not that that is a bad thing (that movie is great!)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Eww, bad art

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems interesting...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gettin' real tired of your sht, Marvel.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Small town horror, female protagonist, sounds right in Seeley's wheelhouse.

Gpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My sister is going to love this comic! I'll probably check it out to because I love Blade,the male version anyway.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm done!

XtremeGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like how blade looks but that concept sounds a lot like the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, not that that is a bad thing (that movie is great!)

This^. Also, not necessarily a bad thing. Could be fun. I also appreciate that Marvel is trying to develop new characters. Some characters have 60+ years of stories and history, it is nice to get some fresh and modern takes.

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Maybe talking about how Marvel's been buying good press on all the major comic sites?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Buffy from the movie?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: As you know l, this news is super old. And there's already a thread for it.

So what's the point?

Beata

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gettin' real tired of your sht, Marvel.

How come i never seen you complaining in the Daredevil thread about his apprentice?

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... Buffy?

A better option would have been to take Jubilee and turn her into the next Blade.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That outfit doesn't look comforting to fight vampires in....oh well, it's comics

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

What does it mean when they say "resident" like in this case "Marvel Universe’s resident vampire hunter?" I saw it used like that before and figured they meant "main designated," but it doesn't seem like it here.

powerflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Marvel, we get it. You want to represent women and minorities. How about instead of replacing everyone with new versions of themselves, or a family member, you create new and interesting characters that won't be dated and seen as a gimmick in a few years. Instead of replacing classic characters with versions we know aren't going to stick around, you create new, original characters that have a chance to last, and become their own thing.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Once the MCU is over Marvel is sooooo going bankrupt....again

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jasoninthewoods

So is Marvel just going to replace all there male characters with women?

Make mine DC

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yes Marvel, we get it. You want to represent women and minorities. How about instead of replacing everyone with new versions of themselves, or a family member, you create new and interesting characters that won't be dated and seen as a gimmick in a few years. Instead of replacing classic characters with versions we know aren't going to stick around, you create new, original characters that have a chance to last, and become their own thing.

Because:

• readers have proven that they don't support new characters that aren't legacy characters
  • there is no point for creators to create new characters since they get very little or nothing at all out of it

BB

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade has a daughter? Hm who's the mother?

I might pick this up.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could be interesting, and a decent twist, they'd better cross over with the new Howling Commandos and S.T.A.K.E., S.H.I.E.L.D.'s supernatural division.

@powerflux That's why they have the New Ultimates comic coming lead by Blue Marvel, with monica Rambeau and Ms. America as well.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im actually interested

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOVE the people getting mad that marvel wants to reach more than white males. Im a white male too and we have more than out share of super heroes

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll continue to read other publishers, thanks.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you know they won't stick around? I'm pretty sure people thought the same thing about She-Hulk, and she's been around quite a while. Everyone acts like this stuff is new, like characters like Supergirl, Batgirl and so on, don't exist. X-23 is still around and more popular than before.

hiddeninhell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... Buffy?

A better option would have been to take Jubilee and turn her into the next Blade.

Normally I'd disagree with anything that started with "So... Buffy?" like it's some horrible cliché.

But in this case I totally agree if Eric Brooks ever took an apprentice it would be because of their dedication (and\or death wish) to exterminating vampire-kind. Not because they happen to be related to the wrong person even if that person is himself.

BTW I really don't see why everyone compares this to Buffy (besides the female protagonist with "prom queen type" in her background and of course vampires) there aren't that many similarities I could probably come up with just as many for Supernatural or a bunch of other supernatural horror series.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This is a surprise for many Blade fans. I'll check it out.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Marvel just going to replace all there male characters with women?

Make mine DC

Hm lets do a head count

We have

Female thor

Female Starlord

Female Blade

Female Wolverine

Thats all I can think of right now. Not all of them are females replacing the Marvel men but there are certainly more changes in the marvel universe for the sake of diversity (i.e making Captain America African American, I think amadeus cho is the new iron man, Miles Morales ( who is already spiderman) is going to be the main spider man, Iceman is gay) blah blah blah, yada yada yada. The point is we shouldn't really complain with all these changes because

• This might not be permanent
  • This gives writers flexibility to tell new stories of existing or new characters, and who knows you might like it.

As for the new Blade this could be interesting. I don't get where all the complaint is coming from since none of you guys have actually read it yet.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Seeley say in the full interview that Blade is still the star if the but he's just sharing it with his daughter?I never once read him refer to the new girl as Blade.Maybe I'm not seeing something

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@powerflux said:

Because:

• readers have proven that they don't support new characters that aren't legacy characters
  • there is no point for creators to create new characters since they get very little or nothing at all out of it

BB

Bingo!

Didn't Seeley say in the full interview that Blade is still the star if the but he's just sharing it with his daughter?I never once read him refer to the new girl as Blade.Maybe I'm not seeing something

I read that too. Blade and his daughter are partnering up it seems. People can stop freaking out now.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I think you're seeing everything, but there appears to be a bunch of people that have trouble with reading comprehension around these parts.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade isn't being replaced.....

Nolidoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This actually seems interesting, I'm down to pick it up. It really depends how they spin the character she's popular and well liked so what is her personality? Since most long lost children of heroes have angsty back stories I think this is a refreshing concept. Especially for a character like Blade, she would be completely different form him. I'll pick up the first issue see where it goes.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter:Yep.Iread that from day one on Cbr and understood it perfectly.

@daredevil21134: I think you're seeing everything, but there appears to be a bunch of people that have trouble with reading comprehension around these parts.

LOL!I don't get it man.I'm excited,this is pretty cool character development for Blade, and Seeley is the man that can write supernatural.I loved him on WItchblade.Fallon Grey is not the Blade so I think the title is a little miss leading.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BLADE IS NOT GETTING REPLACED! STOP FREAKING OUT!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddeninhell: The similarities are there if you squint hard enough. The prom queen discovers that she is genetically ideal for fighting vampires and finds out that she lives with in a few miles of a monster breeding ground/hell mouth.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BLADE IS NOT GETTING REPLACED! STOP FREAKING OUT!

I think people just see the headline and don't read whats in it lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: Iron man is definitly still Tony Stark, the but the rumor-mill thinks that Cho will be the new Totally Awesome Hulk.

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm lets do a head count

We have

Female thor

Female Starlord

Female Blade

Female Wolverine

Thats all I can think of right now.

Still waiting for Marvel to replace Hulk with Lyra, then you can add it to your list.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3 said:

Hm lets do a head count

We have

Female thor

Female Starlord

Female Blade

Female Wolverine

Thats all I can think of right now.

Still waiting for Marvel to replace Hulk with Lyra, then you can add it to your list.

Thats five compared to the...thousands of other marvel characters. Fine with me.

Devbob98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda unfair to change every single male character in marvel universe just to have diversity. Blade was already cool and didn't need to be fixed.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devbob98: Did you not read ? They aren't changing him