• 51 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

With Spider-Island over, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN is going back to its roots, and a villain team-up that always gets fans super-excited. Starting in December, Spider-Man will be taking on the Sinister Six once more. Can Spidey beat these super-villains?

No Caption Provided

Hot off the critically acclaimed Spider-Island, the blockbuster team of Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos are back and they’re bringing with them…THE SINISTER SIX! That’s right True Believer, in your first look at Amazing Spider-Man #676, the world’s greatest super-hero swings right back into action against some of his biggest threats. With no time to rest (typical), can Spider-Man find it in him to take on not one, but SIX villains (…wait is that M.O.D.O.K. too?) out to get him? With Doctor Octopus leading the charge, will 2012 bring about the END of Peter Parker?

From the looks of the cover, the Sinister Six will be Doctor Octopus, Rhino, Sandman, Chameleon, Mysterio, and Electro. Just like Spider-Island, this book will be written by Dan Slott and the art will be by Humberto Ramos. Marvel released three unlettered pages featuring a few villains that may excite you.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Klaw AND MODOK?! Plus, Ramos' art looks great! Also, what's up with the ape and monkey testing? Looks like this upcoming story is going to be a lot of fun. You can place orders for it next month, and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #676 hits your LCS on 12/21/11! Will you guys pick this one up?

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By CombatSpoon86

Sinister Six, my favorite childhood supervillain group. This arc looks promising.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Now you see this is what I'm talking about. You can't depower Pete, then power up his villains, have them unite and still expect us to believe that a victory won't come from PIS.  

I love Dan Slott, his Mighty Avengers was phenomenal, but until he starts writing a Grim Hunt-esque Spidey, or boosts his powers, I'm going to keep passing on Amazing Spider-Man. 

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Klaws really making a comeback, first in Daredevil and now ASM. This will be interesting indeed!

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By One_Eye

Humberto Ramos on the art may cause me to have to pick this up.:) Is Dan Slot writing this?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nice return! Have always liked the Sinister Six and it would be interesting to see how they handle Peter now that his powers have returned.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Now you see this is what I'm talking about. You can't depower Pete, then power up his villains, have them unite and still expect us to believe that a victory won't come from PIS.   I love Dan Slott, his Mighty Avengers was phenomenal, but until he starts writing a Grim Hunt-esque Spidey, or boosts his powers, I'm going to keep passing on Amazing Spider-Man. 
Petes not depowered 
DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By DATNIGGA

I have this feeling... this REALLY strong feeling the avengers are gonna show up in this arc.

i would like that cause i love group fights but at the same time... i wanna see spidey do it by himself

Steel Surpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Steel Surpent

I think Klaw is the Chameleon. Why else would the Intels defences go down, and let a giant robot attack in the middle of an experiment.

Mad_Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Mad_Wolverine

DAMN DIRTY APE

Love the art btw.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@spiderbat87 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Now you see this is what I'm talking about. You can't depower Pete, then power up his villains, have them unite and still expect us to believe that a victory won't come from PIS.   I love Dan Slott, his Mighty Avengers was phenomenal, but until he starts writing a Grim Hunt-esque Spidey, or boosts his powers, I'm going to keep passing on Amazing Spider-Man. 
Petes not depowered 
Yes he is, he lost all of his Disassembled/Other powers. 
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Now you see this is what I'm talking about. You can't depower Pete, then power up his villains, have them unite and still expect us to believe that a victory won't come from PIS. I love Dan Slott, his Mighty Avengers was phenomenal, but until he starts writing a Grim Hunt-esque Spidey, or boosts his powers, I'm going to keep passing on Amazing Spider-Man.
Petes not depowered

You say it like it's Slott's fault in your post, as if he was depowered during this run, though. :p

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By moviegeek17

I probably won't pick up spidey again unless joe kelly writes it again. I thought his stories were some of the best of the gauntlet arc (especially the two part rhino story).

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#13  Edited By pspin

Looks good, if Spider-Island was any indiacation, this will be awesome, plus adding MODOK to the mix is cool.

Now if only he would get back together with Carlie this would be the best

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I LOVE this years run of Spider-Man, starting with Big Time and him working at Horizon Labs, and being on the FF and Avengers, to Spider-Island. This sounds great. I love how they brought back Peter and his mind into being Spider-Man... of coarse I haven't read Spider-man consistently for years until Brand New Day and Big Time.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chibio

I like this a lot! Finally some good Spidey-action again (Spider Island was cool too) and not one more day dramas like in the past, combined with some disgusting artwork from before with the guy who didn't know how to draw human bodies. Can anyone remember that mess? I stopped buying Spider-Man comics during his period.

Ramier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ramier

Im excited for the return but i have grown tired of ramos drawing

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DXmagma

@FadeToBlackBolt: since when did Spidey lose his powers? Last I checked he JUST got his spider sense back.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By zombietag

the OGs

badaboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By badaboop

So when is Doctor Octopus actually going to die? I thought he was like terminally or something...and only had months or maybe a year to live...?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

It should be fun to see what the sinister six has to bring to Amazing Spider-man.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordRequiem

Huzzah for Quentin Beck.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

END of Peter Parker, I hope not

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By SpidermanWins

YES!!!! At long last the return has come! Love those awesome Octo-bots makes me think of War of the Worlds lol.

The Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24  Edited By The Jeff

more Humberto Ramos? NO!!!!

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Blizaga101

@The Jeff: ah cmon a little ramos brightnens everyones day :D

but i get what you mean he has been pretty common in the spidey comics, maybe we do need a little break from him, but im looking forwards to it :P

gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gethere

@DXmagma: It's not his powers that he lost (at least not all of them), is that spiderman got a couple new upgrades in his powers from the first Queen arc,such as his strength when up to fifth-teen ton and that when got organic webbing. Then during the other arc he got even more powers, he could lift up to twenty tons, by this point and he had large stingers like the one we saw on Kaine. He loses all of these powers after OMD and has his powers are reset to the original abilities.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By chalkshark

I'm not sure what the testing is about, but those aren't ordinary apes. That's clearly the Red Ghost & his Super Apes in the "testing" panel. Since it's the orangutan that's in the device, it's possible that it's using it's magnetic abilities to power the mechanism.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#28  Edited By The Impersonator

Can Spidey beat these super-villains?

He always does. :P

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By TheMess1428

And why are they calling Spider-Man the "World's Greatest Super-Hero?" That's Superman's title.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#30  Edited By Deadcool

NICE

>=)

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jaredbright

I can't read this stuff. I see characters in these previews and having read Spider-man books in the 90s they are completely different or just not 'as good'. Sandman was the character that changed his ways (before he was screwed). Mysterio's last two big things were getting rid of the fishbowl for a while to mess with the Ben Reilly Spider-man (which was cool if I remember correctly) and then get cancer and took his own life after messing with a whole bunch of other people. Flash Thompson was one of those stories that was never completed. A whole bunch of other story ideas that were never going to be completed, too.

...and I'm sorry, Doc Ock just looks stupid here and not threatening. Certainly not Doc Ock. I don't blame Slott or not Wells who put out that fun Avenging Spider-man books i read. Marvel can't pay those big stories they always promise readers. They didn't do anyting with the Unmasking and should stop messing with characters is that way. I wouldn't be suprised if Slott or some other knowledgable writer has the real Doc Ock just show up and put this wretched gaunt Doc Ock out of his misery. The character deserves more than this.

I'll just read Avenging because it's the only Spider-man book I've really liked since before the magical retcon.

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By CombatSpoon86

@moviegeek17: I so agree with you with Joe kelly. Slott's done a good job but he's no joe kelly. I still prefer Joe kelly as my spidey writer

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By moviegeek17

@CombatSpoon86:

his stuff is what stood out to me during the gauntlet arc. See if that level of quality was still in the book without rubbing the fact that he wasn't married to mj anymore in my face then i would keep reading. oh well

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By fACEmelter88

Looks great I really like where Dan Slott is taking Spidey and this 6 seems different somehow (Sandman and Rhino sparring is pretty cool)

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#35  Edited By EganTheVile1

Not a fan of Klaw and Modok being in the team, they really are not enemies of Spidey, though I always thought Klaw would have been a great enemy for the original Venom.... I guess since Klaw is an FF enemy, and Modok is an Avengers enemy it is only natural Spidey would find his way on their radar though, since he is a member of those teams now

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Now you see this is what I'm talking about. You can't depower Pete, then power up his villains, have them unite and still expect us to believe that a victory won't come from PIS. I love Dan Slott, his Mighty Avengers was phenomenal, but until he starts writing a Grim Hunt-esque Spidey, or boosts his powers, I'm going to keep passing on Amazing Spider-Man.
Petes not depowered

You say it like it's Slott's fault in your post, as if he was depowered during this run, though. :p

Haha of course that's not the case.  

It is Dan's fault that Spidey is more of a joke now though. 
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Petes not depowered

Haha of course that's not the case. It is Dan's fault that Spidey is more of a joke now though.

He isn't a joke.... read the end of Spider-Island. :P

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Petes not depowered

Haha of course that's not the case. It is Dan's fault that Spidey is more of a joke now though.

I did.  

I stand by my statement :P
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Whisper_

I read this as the Secret Six at first...and then saw the ASM part.

I'm gonna go cry now, BBL.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Petes not depowered

I did. I stand by my statement :P

But.... but he

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Trodorne

DAMN YOU DAN! Stop making spider-man so cool to read again. I was angry and said I would not touch the series again since One More Day.....

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Eyz

The S6 are back!! Finally!

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kuma_far

Critical "acclaimed" Spider Island? Really?

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By fury714

Here's hoping this arc will go lead to MJ and Pete going back together. :D

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DXmagma

@FadeToBlackBolt: I don't see why. Spidey's pretty awesome now. What is it exactly you don't like about him?

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@DXmagma: Love Spidey, always loved Spidey, would die for Spidey.  

I don't like that, prior to Slott's run, Spider-Man had gone through some serious emotional change. He was madder than he'd ever been. He'd been pushed to the brink twice, and was experiencing a lot of darkness. Slott got rid of that, without really explaining why. I don't think Spider-Man should be a dark hero, but there is a darkness inside of him, always has been. Grim Hunt and Origin of the Species let that darkness out, and Big Time simply ignored it. I don't like that. 
DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DXmagma

@FadeToBlackBolt: That was kind of the problem though. Spidey became TOO dark. He lost at everything, and seemed in a perpetual state of failure. Even by Marvel standards he draws the short stick, once the devil takes your marriage you need a break. So that's what Slott did, he gave him a break. Pete got a job he was qualified for instead of a pitifully easy one like Walter White, and the series became fun again. There's still a lot of heartbreak and it's not perfect, but at least Spidey has a livable life instead of a series of increasing depressing events.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By luckydomino1

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

he got his powers back during the sixth issue of spider island or did you pass on spider island too ?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MideonNViscera

Can't beat the classic villains.

Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50  Edited By Cervantes

@DATNIGGA said:

I have this feeling... this REALLY strong feeling the avengers are gonna show up in this arc.

i would like that cause i love group fights but at the same time... i wanna see spidey do it by himself

Boy, you called it! Going on right now...