The Return of Marvel UK! First Look: REVOLUTIONARY WAR: ALPHA

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Man oh man. I cannot express how incredibly excited I am for this. There were some crazy things that happened in the 90s but one that I really dug was the Marvel UK comics that made their way to the U.S. With characters like Death's Head, Death's Head II, Dark Angel, Motormouth, Killpower, etc, we had a combination of cool stories and great art. Now their coming back. Along with Captain Britain and others.

No Caption Provided

In 2014, Marvel readers should prepare for the next British Invasion. Starting in January, cult favorite Marvel UK characters return for an 8-issue limited series kicking off in REVOLUTIONARY WAR: ALPHA #1! Today, Marvel is excited to present your first look at that exciting first issue from blockbuster creative team of writers Andy Lanning & Alan Cowsill and artist Richard Elson!

Long ago, Captain Britain, Dark Angel, Motormouth and the pantheon of Marvel UK Heroes believed they had defeated the shadowy Mys-Tech organization in one Earth-shattering climactic battle. But they were wrong. Mys-Tech has returned, and their presence threatens not only the world – but the entire universe!

Now, Marvel UK’s greatest heroes must band together for the first time in 20 years to stop a long forgotten enemy. But are they too late? The battle begins this January in REVOLUTIONARY WAR: ALPHA #1 and continues one week later REVOLUTIONARY WAR: DARK ANGEL #1 and various one-shots on-sale through February and March!

REVOLUTIONARY WAR: ALPHA #1 (NOV130642)

Written by ANDY LANNING & ALAN COWSILL

Art by RICHARD ELSON

Cover by MARK BROOKS

FOC – 12/09/14 On-Sale – 1/08/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

REVOLUTIONARY WAR: DARK ANGEL #1 (NOV130644)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art by DIETRICH SMITH

Cover by MARK BROOKS

FOC – 12/16/13 On-Sale – 1/15/14

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

looking forward to this. the half british part of me is cheering rite now

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Glad to see Captain Britain again ^_^

And with one of his more recent(but it is slightly different) costumes

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

Bloody hell, dat art. Pip pip, cheerio and all that balderdash.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#4  Edited By MatKrenz

Well this is gonna be a nice change of pace from the US superheroes.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

YES BRITISHNESS.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

I don't have much experience with reading these characters but I've done some research into them. Only a few sound interesting. I do wish they moved on from Mys-Tech organization instead of bringing them back.

I wonder how they will handle the Adam Crown (king Arthur) character when Faiza Hussain carries Excalibur. I think Adam Crown should get the sword especially considering I always thought she was better off just concentrating on her other power. (controlling organic matter)

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does every mini-series from Marvel have "Alpha" in the title? Or is it just me?

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

omg that art is amazing!!

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loving those colours, they're so pop-y and awesome.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The Scottish side of me wishes there were more Scottish superheroes.....................................

Loading Video...

Ah well, I love Marvel's UK heroes so bring it on!!!!!!!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Keep Calm And Awwwww Yeaaaa!

Smoker_Harrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see a marvel team book that`s not related to or a spin off from an avengers book.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jack16ichigo

@smart_dork_dude: They should try and spread the UK's heroes out more,although I think one of new comics is set up in Scotland.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack16ichigo: Also more Irish superheroes too....................... I'm from a mostly Irish/Scottish family

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jack16ichigo

@smart_dork_dude: I think Northern Ireland needs their own hero,since their apart of the UK too :D And Wales....although I think there's bee a few Welsh characters (Pixie) while I only know of one Northern Irish character in all of Marvel.Also being a Northerner I wouldn't mind one up my end rather than them all in London.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

cool

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@jack16ichigo: That would be cool. I mean there's one REALLY obscure Irish superheroine named Shamrock, who's entire costume was basically the Riddler's costume minus the purple and replace the question marks with shamrocks................... Yeah that's a little much to me. Also she hasn't been seen since the 80's.

Really I think my current favorite Marvel hero of Celtic descent is Anachronism.

No Caption Provided

solon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: Yeah I was hoping the Braddock Academy might get their own comics (which would've meant seeing more of Anachronism) which would've led to more development of the already known students and introduced more new British young heroes.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@jack16ichigo: Exactly!!!! Let's face it, the "Superhero Academy" kind of thing sells. X-Men is proof of that. Hell the premise of the Young Justice cartoon was pretty much superhero academy more or less and that was really popular.............. Before Cartoon Network cancelled it for no reason............ I'm not bitter!

Actually there's a UK character I REALLY want to see more of, it's Lionheart

No Caption Provided

I just love her origin. A powerless girl, facing down a villain who can go toe-to-toe with Thor, giving her life to protect a downed hero from said villain, then getting revived to go on to be a superhero herself. To me? That is the best origin I've heard of in a long while for a superhero. Add in that she's a great character all hero own and you just got a great superhero.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: Yeah it'd defiantly work if they gave it,its own comic and yeah Lionhearts pretty cool,I like Union Jack,the connections to both world wars and that the mantle been passed down with the current being a commoner opposed to the previous and Captain Britain who are posh.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack16ichigo: Really I look at Captain Britain like this. He's not the British version of Captain America, he's the British equivalent to Captain Marvel/Shazam with a little Green Lantern mixed in. Or rather at least he is now. Before he was closer to Captain America, being more on his level. However now he's more like the other heroes I mentioned. Incredibly strong, powers come from wizards, and there's an entire Corps who share the name with him.

Union Jack however has that feeling of continuity. That kind of mantle that Captain America has and let's not forget is more on Cap's level.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: Yeah Union Jack is defiantly more the British counterpart to Captain america rather than Captain Britain who's more of power house having more in common,like you said with Captain Marvel.Its mostly just the name that misleads people into thinking he's the British version of Captain america.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: Her, Banshee, Siryn, Thomas Cassidy are the only major Irish characters in Marvel. You could count Morrigan and Cuchulainn as Irish heroes as well.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we'll see how my pockets are doing

pauatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pauatt

Anxiously waiting an announcement for the Knights of Pendragon. Please? Pretty please? Marvel? You there?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

^^^^ yes there will be a Knights of the Pendragon book with the original roster

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@jack16ichigo: Also Union Jack is a bit more obvious with the flag motif than Brian is. I mean, I like his classic costume, but his original outfit seemed off to me and the outfit where it's just him maskless with a union jack suit looked like Union Jack sans the mask and gloves.

@maccyd: Yeah, one is currently dead and technically a zombie, Siryn hasn't had many major appearances outside Deadpool and X-Factor, Tom Cassidey hasn't been around in years, and The Morrigan and Chuchulainn have never had any major appearances aside from a few alternate universes and I think once in a Thor story. So really, no they don't have many Irish characters

JayUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we'll have Death's Head 2 but not the original Death's Head?

Disappointing, yes?

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: Yeah, I was planning to write an Irish Avengers fan-fic at one stage but found there was little to work off of. Apparently there's actually an Irish response to Avengers in the 616 universe that had one appearance.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The only character I recognise is Captain Britain. Are all the rest existing characters?

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#35  Edited By MatKrenz
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I'd prefer Faz keep the sword, she is the Black Knights squire after all so she's going to need a sword but tbh I don't think ether of them will be showing up since I haven't seen them in any cover/preview/interview

deathmedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deathmedal

MAN im looking forward to this! Deaths head II was a fav of mine as a kid, loved the design. and killpower was pretty cool too. i just hope we get more awesome liam sharp art

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By G_leno

I'll be grabbing this with both hands! Can not wait!

To all those other people from the UK here, sorry, but i dont think a hero from anywhere other than the middle or south of England would be too good, The rest of the world would never understand the accents! lol

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can dig it.

Lykida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By Lykida

I kinda stopped at "Kieron Gillen". All the reason I need to get it.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno: Nah then thee,we tork propa up north.

Lol its really hard to type with your accent.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack16ichigo:

I'm a southerner, so the only thing i need to do to type in my accent is drop H's. We sound like farmers down 'ampshire way!

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno: I guess that's slightly easier to understand for others (slightly) but there are some thick accents down south,I mean does anyone understand Cockney rhyming slang (besides Cockneys).

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jack16ichigo

@jonny_anonymous: Everyone likes Scottish accents,Irish accents too.Although I guess they could try different ones,since their isn't just the one Scottish accent it varies all over Scotland.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Everyone likes Scottish accents,Irish accents too.Although I guess they could try different ones,since their isn't just the one Scottish accent it varies all over Scotland.

Yea but it's always really cringe worthy when they try and write it in a comic.

Oh also the big guy in back is Welsh.

No Caption Provided

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Ah I see what you mean,you want it done but done well.

And I'm not familiar with those characters so I had no idea he was Welsh lol you do get the odd Welsh character though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack16ichigo: They are the Super Soldiers, they where a spec ops team back in the day so in the new book they will have retired and done what every old army dudes do, wrote a tell all book and became celebrities.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Marvel likes using that term don't they,half of their characters are super soldiers.They sound interesting though will probably give them a look.