• 95 results
Posted by G-Man (32696 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a little odd. Marvel has been issuing two kinds of teasers lately. One is the vague and mysterious ones that just contain a single word plus the creators. The second has been for a current Marvel NOW! title featuring a new artist (most likely rotating in as the first artist takes a break from the twice a month shipping schedule). This next one doesn't appear to be announcing anything new so you have to wonder why it's been released?

Whatever the reason for releasing this, we know that now, the GAME is ON. Maybe it's a turning point and Arcade better watch his back. Or maybe the kids in AVENGERS ARENA have finally accepted that they have to play by his rules.

We'll find out in April.

Staff
#1 Posted by Mucklefluga (2550 posts) - - Show Bio

DC needs to do more teasers. They're fun.

#2 Posted by Outside_85 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose the next one will be "Oh! S*** Gotten Serious!"

#3 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now all I can think of is this

#4 Posted by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Shi chist got real.

#5 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Long as I get to see one of the characters get shoryukened by X-23, I'm good!

S'all I'm sayin'.....

#6 Posted by Lightburst (163 posts) - - Show Bio

When are they going to rename X-23 into Green eyes so Artist don't forget.

#7 Posted by dondave (36644 posts) - - Show Bio

Long as I get to see one of the characters get shoryukened by X-23, I'm good!

S'all I'm sayin'.....

QFT

#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with any Avengers Arena cover, art, or teaser is that it sort of spoils who is surviving in the game...

#9 Posted by c2thaj (51 posts) - - Show Bio

These 4 should survive the whole thing and start a new team at the end.

#10 Posted by MyFavoriteViltrumite23 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopeless if you are smart then please make it the first, also nico and hazmat looks weird and am I the only one who thinks x 23 looks like a 34 year old drug addict

#11 Posted by mrpandopool (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Well at least we now know who of the characters will survive until the april issues

#12 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Dave Johnson rules. That is the extent of my amount of caring about anything related to Avengers Arena.

#13 Posted by Avengers_4everXX (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@c2thaj: THIS.

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf is going on with Laura in that picture o_O

#15 Edited by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Im thinking more and more that its virtual reality/video game. oh maybe its like in X-Men: Evolution where Arcade put the X-Men in the Danger Room and thought it was a video game.

#16 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey said:

The problem with any Avengers Arena cover, art, or teaser is that it sort of spoils who is surviving in the game...

Only if you believe it's true and not misdirection

#17 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole thing is non-cannon as far as I'm concerned.

Arcade could never cause the death of anyone, ever.

#18 Posted by MrMazz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess this is next after the AA finishes up? Also um possiblble spoilers for who makes it out of AA alive, not that it's surprising who is featured.

#19 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMazz said:

So I guess this is next after the AA finishes up? Also um possiblble spoilers for who makes it out of AA alive, not that it's surprising who is featured.

I actually think this is just more advertising for AA.

#20 Posted by Lightburst (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it Laura looks more Asian then the two Japanese girls? am I the only one who has a problem with that?

#21 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga said:

DC needs to do more teasers. They're fun.

This. the last teaser we got from DC that we got was for Death of the Family with Joker holding up his face (I think?). I like the Marvel teasers and I think they're fun. I just wish DC would get in there too. I mean, how are we supposed to know if there is a cool story coming up in one of the titles if they don't advertise it more.

#22 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

What would Zod do in a sticky wicket like this?

#23 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@Red Rum said:

What would Zod do in a sticky wicket like this?

LOL. Just noticed that too.

#24 Posted by frochez (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler: But we already saaw in the opening of issue 1 that Hazmat and X-23 will still be alive on day 29. Bearing in mind that Arcade has said that the game will end after 30 days, it's fairly safe to assume that their nhot going anywhere. Admittedly, there was no guarantee of the same for Darkhawk until now.

#25 Posted by RedHush1 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

what from what I have heard Hopless stay in interviews I think Darkhawk will survive.

Also Hopeless said it would have multiple arcs throughout this thing. SO maybe the first issues might be like Days 1-12 or something of the sort. I am loving this series so far and cannot wait for the next Issue that will be FOur

#26 Posted by BR_Havoc (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not want to be mean here but I find this very odd releasing this teaser. I feel its might be from the book low performance and this is trying to get more readers by highlighting that the popular characters will live.

#27 Posted by InkInk (181 posts) - - Show Bio

This move reeks of desperation. Trying help this book find an audience and the art looks bad I mean the character facial features do ot look right and its not going to win over people for beauty.

#28 Posted by ME24601 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want this series to be canceled so that something good can be done with the Runaways instead...

#29 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they don't kill Hazmat...

I'm gonna say that every time an Arena thread pops up!

#30 Edited by UlquiorraSchiffer (71 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga: I heard that in the newest Batman, his parents are dead. How's that for a teaser!?

#31 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i openly admit to only reading avengers initiative and academy for the teachers, hope everyone but laura dies XD

#32 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Is no one buying this series? Is that why it's being promoted so much?

#33 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

lol i openly admit to only reading avengers initiative and academy for the teachers, hope everyone but laura dies XD

...I strongly dislike you.

Why are X-23 fans so selfish?

#34 Posted by InkInk (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@GothamRed said:

Is no one buying this series? Is that why it's being promoted so much?

Pretty much go to any comic store there are stacks of unsold issues. The one I go to cut his order and now only brings it in for 3 people.

#35 Posted by akbogert (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

Hey, we're not all selfish. :P While I can't manufacture affection for characters I don't know (and thus am not personally going to be half as irate if the others die as if Laura does), I've tried to be as impartial as possible about condemning the series under the assumption that all the other characters have fans with equally strong attachments to them.

With me, it's more a matter of, "I want this cancelled, but if it's going to continue I'll be most upset if she dies because she's the one I'm most invested in."

#36 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

The survivors of Avengers Arena should take over using Arcade's tech and do their own thing.

#37 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

Hey, we're not all selfish. :P While I can't manufacture affection for characters I don't know (and thus am not personally going to be half as irate if the others die as if Laura does), I've tried to be as impartial as possible about condemning the series under the assumption that all the other characters have fans with equally strong attachments to them.

With me, it's more a matter of, "I want this cancelled, but if it's going to continue I'll be most upset if she dies because she's the one I'm most invested in."

I see. Still, they killed a favorite of mine in the first issue. I'm already mad. Especially when people tell me that character doesn't matter.

#38 Posted by Mezmero (922 posts) - - Show Bio

By the light of the sun please kill Dark Hawk! He is one of the reasons I gave up on comics in the 90's and the last thing I want to see is him trying to act all bad ass. It would make more sense to make X23 win so she can gain some empathy with her character.

#39 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

thats just it, im not a x-23 fan i just hate 90% of the characters created from the latest "new generation" of heroes. Mettle and hazmat were the only ones i could really stomach and even they were both massive rehashes of other characters. I was much more interested in the teachers. tigras new role as a mom (and not being a punching bag anymore), or pym doning the wasp mantle and trying to redeem himself, quicksilvers redemption, and speedballs return. hell did i read the Future Foundation books for the kids no I wanted more Sue Reed Ben and Johnny.

#40 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

thats just it, im not a x-23 fan i just hate 90% of the characters created from the latest "new generation" of heroes. Mettle and hazmat were the only ones i could really stomach and even they were both massive rehashes of other characters. I was much more interested in the teachers. tigras new role as a mom (and not being a punching bag anymore), or pym doning the wasp mantle and trying to redeem himself, quicksilvers redemption, and speedballs return. hell did i read the Future Foundation books for the kids no I wanted more Sue Reed Ben and Johnny.

Honestly? I thought the Academy kids were a step in originality. Compared to the Young Avengers who are all twisted versions of actual Avengers? Hazmat is extremely unique! So are the Runaways!

And X-23 is the one you don't want to die? Wolverine with boobs?

#41 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

Honestly? I thought the Academy kids were a step in originality. Compared to the Young Avengers who are all twisted versions of actual Avengers? Hazmat is extremely unique! So are the Runaways!

seniority shes been around longer thats the only reason (im purposly ignoring darkhawk), and how is hazmat unique there are tons of heroes/villains with radiation/toxic based power, and even more doom and gloom the world sucks teenagers. And how were the academy kids a step in originality every single one of them was a rip off of existing characters they just mixed in predictable teen drama crap you could get from any mid 90s tv show...god i miss saved by the bell

#42 Posted by Perfect 10 (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe its hinting that one of the 4 might die? i like the book as is but i guess i'll get used to the change when it happens

#43 Edited by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

That's not true of all of us. I don't want any of them to die, but I do care most about Laura's well being. I also hated that Mettle dies and will be devastated if Hazzy or Nico do. And... Laura is far from just 'Wolverine with boobs'.

#44 Posted by Perfect 10 (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God: i have the same theory. i mean arcade doesnt have any powers at all yet he was a GOD in the first issue. it could be a robot (he never actually goes in field) but im guessing a vr reality but if that is true some people will be mad because no one actually died

#45 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

seniority shes been around longer thats the only reason (im purposly ignoring darkhawk), and how is hazmat unique there are tons of heroes/villains with radiation/toxic based power, and even more doom and gloom the world sucks teenagers. And how were the academy kids a step in originality every single one of them was a rip off of existing characters they just mixed in predictable teen drama crap you could get from any mid 90s tv show...god i miss saved by the bell

Compared to X-23?! X-23 even has her own Sabretooth! And you said it yourself! Villains have radiation powers, but Hazmat is a hero! And the Runaways lasted quite a while! So why piss all over them for a very dull looking girl with straight hair?

Seriously, X-23 is the one they should get rid of to teach you all a lesson of ignoring other teenage heroes. You all forgot how Mercury was her best friend and act like Jubilee always was.

#46 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@DH69 said:

Compared to X-23?! X-23 even has her own Sabretooth! And you said it yourself! Villains have radiation powers, but Hazmat is a hero! And the Runaways lasted quite a while! So why piss all over them for a very dull looking girl with straight hair?

Seriously, X-23 is the one they should get rid of to teach you all a lesson of ignoring other teenage heroes. You all forgot how Mercury was her best friend and act like Jubilee always was.

YEAH!! DOWN WITH STRAIGHT GIRLS WITH VERY DULL HAIR!!!!

#47 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

even though teasers are fun,they are mostly pointless.....they dont really serve any purpose....imagine if DC would have just revealed the new superman title by snyder and lee as a teaser,people would be fighting over their opinion and in the end doesn't matter how good something is,some people who are wrong are bound to be dissappointed because to them this isnt the book they were looking forward to!

#48 Posted by jwalser3 (4907 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really enjoying the series but it seems like the death count is so fast.....I still miss Mettle...

#49 Posted by CaRunaway (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's what I'm hoping/thinking this may be: Could "Game On" be the start of an arc that takes us outside Murderworld, or maybe a sequel/companion title?

For me, this is what the box brings to mind: Murderworld is usually a self-contained environment, so maybe as the title continues we'll get to see both the drama inside the "Arena," and other characters (teachers and mentors, perhaps) outside of Murderworld investigate the disappearances and what's really going on.

OR, maybe Hopeless and Walker are just toying with us in order to increase curiosity and sales. Either way, I'm interested.

#50 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

So many darn teasers...gonna make my head explode...