• 98 results
#52 Posted by ssejllenrad (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA... The top reason new 52 is so awesome!

#53 Posted by scifi_superstar (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I am confused why people put down geoff johns. He is putting out like three or more titles per month, and to me the stories are all good. I do get concerned that he keeps adding titles because im afraid he may stretch himself to thin, but as of now, he keeps pumping out winners. He is probably the best writer in comics today. And DC keeps putting out awsome title after awsome title on all their books. I want them, but i can only support 6 books on my budget!! aaahhhhhh!

#54 Posted by turoksonofstone (13681 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost said:

I don't regret dropping this series

#55 Posted by Migz13 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a bit iffy about the new suits when they were first shown before... now I really dig them a lot!

No underwear-on-the-outside FTW!!:D

that, and I hope Bats turns the tables around and kicks this kryptonian's ass!

#56 Posted by UnosInfinitos (150 posts) - - Show Bio

The Shield doesn't look like it's been drawn with a marker HOORAY but what the fuck Supes you're a douche.

#57 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns; you have a lot to answer for.  

That's not Superman, that's a petulant child with a god complex.  

@aztek_the_lost said:

I don't regret dropping this series

Because it's a giant pile of crap appealing solely to the "YAYZ, I LIKEZ WEN DEY HIT EACHOTHER!" demographic.
#58 Posted by Talyn (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new Superman

#59 Posted by Gonshyk (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: You more like fluffy Superman? And don't forget that take place 5 years ago. By th way what will happened to you if would growing up without caring parents, no matter that they are adoptive parents.

#60 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gonshyk: I like Superman to be reserved, and look at beating the Hell out of someone as a last resort. He's an inspiring character, not a douchebag. 
#61 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt:Until now!!! :D

#62 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Marco_Smith_: Exactly. Who is this guy inspiring?  

"Mummy, I want to grow up and choke people randomly, just like Superman!" 
#63 Posted by The Stegman (29139 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gordo789:  

why does an invulnerable alien need an armored suit? anyway, still looks to be a good issue.

Superman is far from invulnerable, how many times have we seen him get beat up by people stronger than him? or by kryptonite, or red sun radiation, or magic? him wearing armor is practical considering he has weaknesses 
#64 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt:Violent youth. Now the parents have someone else to blame, and video games, and movies will be spared.

#65 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@Gordo789:  

why does an invulnerable alien need an armored suit? anyway, still looks to be a good issue.

Superman is far from invulnerable, how many times have we seen him get beat up by people stronger than him? or by kryptonite, or red sun radiation, or magic? him wearing armor is practical considering he has weaknesses 
I think it's more about the fabric not being invulnerable. How would you feel if you were fighting Mongul above Metropolis and he burned away all your clothing? 

@_Marco_Smith_: Yep, I'm going to teach my kids to blame the right people.  

Bendis, Johns, Fraction, Aaron, Winick and Way. They're the cause of all the world's problems. ALL OF THEM O_O
#66 Posted by crackerjack82 (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

Now all they need to do is have him rape wonder woman, and DC will be dead

#67 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: And they will start a secret society, bent on destroying them, and whoever has similar DNA to them.

#68 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
 @_Marco_Smith_
I am 100% OK with that.  
@crackerjack82 said:

Now all they need to do is have him rape wonder woman, and DC will be dead

(Points to crackerjack82) 

This guy gets it. Silly DC. 
#69 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: They'd have a giant shrine to you, and everything :P

On topic... Sort of. I'm sort of noticing the " Get the heroes to fight, but it's okay, because it was all just a big misunderstanding" vibe from it.

#70 Posted by Primmaster64 (21663 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@_Marco_Smith_: Exactly. Who is this guy inspiring?   "Mummy, I want to grow up and choke people randomly, just like Superman!" 
LMAO! Win....But I still like the reserved Superman and I like this Superman also.
#71 Posted by The Stegman (29139 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: well as seen in Action Comics...his cape at least is invulnerable lol, but i don't think his old costume was invulnerable either; i've seen it tattered many times 
#72 Posted by ninjacommando (104 posts) - - Show Bio

On my pull list!

#73 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: It wasn't invulnerable, hence why he needs armour ^__^ 
#74 Posted by CODYSF (2175 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I can't wait for this comic and DC comics is on fire hell yeah.

#75 Posted by NinjaProtocol (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#76 Posted by DoctorTrips (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, all of DC's major players went to the Tony Stark school of douche-baggery and costume design...

You know what, I'm not going to lie - I miss the underwear on the outside. I know some people say it looks stupid and ridiculous but let's be honest: superheroes look stupid and ridiculous anyway, Batman alone looks like a giant tool and Superman really needs more red to break up that blue. There's nothing wrong with the classic looks to these characters, or their classic characterizations. I don't understand why DC are making their heroes less like heroes and more like the cast of Jersey Shore. And don't say for realism - that's a stupid answer.

#77 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2806 posts) - - Show Bio

dude allen is missing half a face, great art there.......

#78 Posted by TheMess1428 (2211 posts) - - Show Bio

E-P-I-C.

#79 Posted by ssejllenrad (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoctorTrips said:

Wow, all of DC's major players went to the Tony Stark school of douche-baggery and costume design...

You know what, I'm not going to lie - I miss the underwear on the outside. I know some people say it looks stupid and ridiculous but let's be honest: superheroes look stupid and ridiculous anyway, Batman alone looks like a giant tool and Superman really needs more red to break up that blue. There's nothing wrong with the classic looks to these characters, or their classic characterizations. I don't understand why DC are making their heroes less like heroes and more like the cast of Jersey Shore. And don't say for realism - that's a stupid answer.

REALISM! Nyehehehe! Peace...

Though that is really their point. So that they're heroes would be more "relatable". I think they just wanted to bring some flaws to their icons so they'd be more down to earth. You may disagree with it and may not be the answer you were looking for but that's their reason.

Come to think of it, they just added the douchebaggery to Supes. Batman and Hal had those levels of jerkiness prior to the retcon.

#80 Posted by Wildcatds (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Superman is completely justified in what he is doing. He was attacked by a flying guy with an alien ring which shoots at him, and a wanted criminal (Batman). Also Batman is holding a cube exactly like one another attacker was holding earlier. An attacker who destroyed an entire city block.

Batman should consider himself lucky he still has teeth in his mouth.

#81 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wildcatds said:

Actually, Superman is completely justified in what he is doing. He was attacked by a flying guy with an alien ring which shoots at him, and a wanted criminal (Batman). Also Batman is holding a cube exactly like one another attacker was holding earlier. An attacker who destroyed an entire city block.

Exactly.....phew at least someone read the damn thing instead of just looking at the pictures and judging :) Superman will never be a douche,Never!!!

#82 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltimateSMfan said:

@Wildcatds said:

Exactly.....phew at least someone read the damn thing instead of just looking at the pictures and judging :) Superman will never be a douche,Never!!!

That's your justification? There's a chance he's dodgy, so I'll break his teeth?  
This Supes is a douche, and isn't Superman. 
#83 Posted by Eyz (3184 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh! My! God! Barry lost an eye due to the SHOCK:

*goes half-blind*

#84 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Dude he clearly states that he was attacked by this thing that then blew up almost collapsing a building obviously killing some ppl,now clearly this superman like all others before him is all for saving ppl and he cares alot abt that(as seen in action comics #1 too). imagine a guy comes n punches u,thats fine,u can take it but then threatens to hurt say ur friends or family and then his probable accomplice stands there n says oh im just gonna restrain this guy(as seen in JL #1) like ur nothing.Obviously ur not gonna take it,n if u can u wld beat the crap out of that guy,now supes didnt do that,he noticed batmans vulnerabilities n gives him a chance to talk. u think supes was actually gonna snap his neck,he was just frustrated n so he threatened,lets just wait n see how geoff tells his story,this is only the preview.

#85 Posted by King Quisling (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised anyone can find reason to complain about this. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

#86 Posted by HombreMan (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gordo789: Besides Doomsday, Zod, Lobo, Darkrseid, Kryptonite, Magic and Red Sun Radiation?

#87 Posted by super_psycho (2844 posts) - - Show Bio

@HombreMan said:

@Gordo789: Besides Doomsday, Zod, Lobo, Darkrseid, Kryptonite, Magic and Red Sun Radiation?

and Batfactor

#88 Posted by Vitality (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people keep complaining about the "suit of armor"...and saying "why does an invulnerable being need armor?" I don't think it's actual armor. I just think it's material that is durable enough to withstand the force of what superman goes through. If he didn't wear durable suits...they would get destoyed constantly.

#89 Posted by azza04 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@_Marco_Smith_: Exactly. Who is this guy inspiring? "Mummy, I want to grow up and choke people randomly, just like Superman!"
LMAO! Win....But I still like the reserved Superman and I like this Superman also.

PRIM!! thats not win, you can't agree with these Superman haters?? did they even read the issue? Supes was choking Batman because 1. He had never met him and didn't know what he was capable of. 2. because he believed Batman was part of the group that attacked him earlier with the alien box. 3. He was just showing the other to dudes who the boss is. And whats all this raping Wonder Woman business? god thats sad, DC is doing a good job with this reboot...except a few titles.

#90 Posted by azza04 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wildcatds said:

When did GL attack Superman & how is Superman suppose to be threatened by Batman to justify that reaction? Superman even made note that Batman has nothing in his arsenal that can hurt him and that Bats is a human. Either way, this superman is either an idiot or a douche, probably both. He is suppose to be a reporter so he must have known something about Batman, Flash & GL to know that they are fellow mask vigilantes that have done good. Or Supes just thinks he is above the law unlike the other 3.

#92 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04 said:

@Primmaster64 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@_Marco_Smith_: Exactly. Who is this guy inspiring? "Mummy, I want to grow up and choke people randomly, just like Superman!"

PRIM!! thats not win, you can't agree with these Superman haters?? did they even read the issue? Supes was choking Batman because 1. He had never met him and didn't know what he was capable of. 2. because he believed Batman was part of the group that attacked him earlier with the alien box. 3. He was just showing the other to dudes who the boss is. And whats all this raping Wonder Woman business? god thats sad, DC is doing a good job with this reboot...except a few titles.

Yes, clearly I'm a Superman hater because I dislike crappy story-telling, that's why my avatar is Superman, I rank Superman as the second greatest comic character of all time, I'm writing a Superman fan-fic saga at the moment, my favourite piece of clothing is a Superman t-shirt (goes on...)  

Ugh. 
#93 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Fan-fic? :D

#94 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Marco_Smith_: Yeah, for DC Genesis; I'm re-writing a Superman origin. It's taking me forever because I'm doing it as a script for a graphic novel (ala at least 160 pages) rather than individual issues. 
#95 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt:Better you than me. If it was me, Superman wouldn't be looking very manish.

#96 Posted by azza04 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Superman is you second favourite... I assumed Batman and Cyclops would have been your 1. and 2. Anyway, obviously we have different tastes as I couldn't see a problem with the way Supes attacked in this issue.

#97 Posted by mbembet (216 posts) - - Show Bio

the only way to sell superman is by making him dark like Batman lmao this is why Batman is always better than superman lol Batman is DC#1

#98 Posted by luckydomino1 (495 posts) - - Show Bio

why is he fighting them

#99 Posted by mace11 (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Post by supermandefender

I think supes takes this. Just read JLA issue 1. Superman hits Hal and then Hal goes flying. ^_^; Thats exactly what would happen 2. The power of creating things out of imagination doesnt defeat the Supes man. :) Hals heart would have to be really into it to win. I doubt he would win sense most the time in comic history Hal is always boosting Superman. This is a quote from hal in Rebirth for why he turned to Parallax " Coast City was destory and Superman wasnt there to save it." So hal had to make himself more powerful because he obviously knows Superman is more powerful.

Superman takes it 8 out of 10.

Alittle bit of it depends on Hals will power to increase his own powers but you cant assume Hals will power is gonna be at its most best and not do the same for Superman. Seeing that its completely normal then Superman takes it.

Your name says it all,anyway hal is powerful THEN SUPERMAN and should win,AND I AM TALKING pre-flashpoint

The reason hal was saying superman should have been there because hal is not on earth has much.

Now in the new 52,we will have to wait and see if hal could beat superman again,maybe he isshown to be more powerful again but i have read more issues to find out.