• 99 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

When Superman lost the underwear-outside-the-tights look, he didn't only get a new outfit -- he got a whole new attitude. In tomorrow's issue of 'Justice League' #2 written by Geoff Johns and drawn by Jim Lee, Superman will be taking members of the Justice League head-on in a battle against Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and Batman. We still think he's going to take it easy on them.

There's certainly a different air about Superman as a character, not only from the way he's beng written, but also from an artistic perspective. The character is a lot less "stiff" and less "stuffy" than he's been portrayed over the last few years.

"There's a lot of things that go about telling or convincing people the cast looks cool, and that is through clothing and gestures," says Lee. "Or how a character carries himself a little bit differently. A little more swagger. His hair is more relaxed. He might cock his head to the side rather than heading straight up. We try to stay away from the more classical, posed Superman and try to make him feel different."
== TEASER ==

This is definitely evident in the latest preview of 'Justice League,' #2 which is due to hit stores tomorrow. The second issue of DC's 'Justice League' will continue to document the journey of the team and its members as they come face to face (and obviously clash) for the very first time before banding together as a team. It's the story of how superhero teams get started, and things definitely seem to be heating up. The Rolling Stone got an exclusive first look at a preview to issue #2, so you can head there for a look at the full five-page preview. Will you be picking up issue #2 of 'The Justice League' tomorrow?

Source: The Rolling Stone

#1 Posted by BurnSide (53 posts) - - Show Bio

hell yesh i'm picking this up!

#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is a badass now lmao

#3 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup! It's one of my holds, so you bet your @$$ I'm getting this while the getting is good!

#4 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I will definitely pick up Justice League tomorrow, I cannot wait to get this issue!!!

#5 Posted by Gordo789 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

he would be more badass without that clown suit they gave him. This looks to be a good issue coming up though.

#6 Posted by RocketOrange (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Digital download from Azerbaijan. :D woot woot!

#7 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw some other pages at the JL panel on Sat. It seems GL will call The Flash on a cellphone to help.

#8 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gordo789 said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

he would be more badass without that clown suit they gave him. This looks to be a good issue coming up though.

I'm sorry but how is a an armor with a cape more of a clown suit then a bright red and blue with underpants on the outside. It's icon yes but it's still a ridiculous costume that had to go away.

#9 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot wait for this. Which issue do they start the Captain Marvel back up in this book?

#10 Edited by Gordo789 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roldan said:

@Gordo789 said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

I'm sorry but how is a an armor with a cape more of a clown suit then a bright red and blue with underpants on the outside. It's icon yes but it's still a ridiculous costume that had to go away.

why does an invulnerable alien need an armored suit? anyway, still looks to be a good issue.

#11 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by frozenedge (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

Silly Superman, Batman's belt is never empty. Can't wait to get pick this up

#13 Posted by Bat_Mite51 (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gordo789 said:

@Roldan said:

@Gordo789 said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

why does an invulnerable alien need an armored suit? anyway, still looks to be a good issue.

After reading Action Comics, it doesn't seem like Superman is all that invulnerable anymore. Maybe that's why he's wearing the armor? I'm just guessing on this one though.
#14 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is half of Barry's face?

#15 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta feeling Supes wins this, and later on there's going to be round 2 where Batman throws Superman and a beating

#16 Posted by fabo_puertorican (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gordo789: it does look pretty bad ass though

#17 Posted by Mucklefluga (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

Where is half of Barry's face?

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by zombiejesusii (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge: Yeah everyone knows that the last item in Batman's belt is another belt filled with items in which the last item is another belt, and so forth ad infinitum.

@jointron33 : It's moving to fast to see, or someone forgot to draw shadows, but It's probably the first one...

#20 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been on another thread in the vine for around 2 days.

#21 Posted by xkoenig (393 posts) - - Show Bio

@RocketOrange said:

Digital download from Azerbaijan. :D woot woot!

Please tell us you are joking...?

#22 Edited by TheBlackHood (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Enough with the "I posted this on the forums" crap. I see this every time the site posts a story. Guess what?! Most of us don't dive through every little story people put up on the forums, we read it on the front page. And this isn't just on you ReVamp, someone does this on every single story and it gets old. Adding a comment of "I saw it first" adds nothing to the conversation.

@Babs: Thank you for posting this, this information is timely and I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBlackHood said:

@ReVamp: Enough with the "I posted this on the forums" crap. I see this every time the site posts a story. Guess what?! Most of us don't dive through every little story people put up on the forums, we read it on the front page.

@Babs: Thank you for posting this, this information is timely and I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

And because of this, you need to get mad at me? First of all I didn't post this. Second of all, positive criticism is good for everyone. Third respect is good for everyone too. If you think I was disrespectful in that post, you don't bash me, you tell me that my post was igonrant and unnecessary, which it was and I probably should have posted it. However, you just lost all your validity in that statment by being rude.

#24 Posted by Outside_85 (8675 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely a change in Superman...sure he may be younger now but i don't remember anything about Superman being this fast to judge and smash people he's never met...cept the Marvel/DC crossover from some years back

#25 Posted by Gordo789 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jordanstine: that thread is priceless. Yeah, for as "normal" as Batman is supposed to be he's always been the most monstrously alien member of the JLA to me.

#26 Posted by Superior Breed (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this is a totally different view than I'm used to.

#27 Posted by xkoenig (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Superman's dialogue always been this clunky?

'Talk, Batman, before I won't let you'

wtf? It must take super strength just to deliver that line...

#28 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry missing an eye seems really weird to me. Even if he's supposed to be moving too fast to see it should be drawn out clearer so reader can understand it. Other than that, siick preview. I wonder if they'll all ever be best friends again like they were before the reboot.

#29 Posted by GRider (13 posts) - - Show Bio

batman getiing smacked hahaha

#30 Posted by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to the issue...but...if they were going to make Superman edgier, he needs an edgier costume. It's hard to see him as a badass in that. Too wholesome and blah. Makeover!

#31 Posted by XLR87T3 (2680 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Hal beats him good; show him the power of a green lantern.

#32 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Hal Jordan had his power ring taken away? Can anyone explain this? i know its a reboot but i read that the events of War of the lanterns were still going on?

#33 Edited by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by KEROGA (984 posts) - - Show Bio

oh come on!...before the reboot,batman&green; lantern could totally take down superman

#35 Edited by paulcousins (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been a Superman fan this looks great.I can't wait to get it tomorrow.

Side note, anyone familiar with the final fight of the "Age of Apocalypse" series back in the mid 90's. magneto vs. Apocalypse...Apocalypse destroying Magneto in hand to hand? very reminiscent:

What an End!

#36 Posted by divingfalcon713 (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Bahahaha! "Hi I'm Superman. I beat the crap out of you first, ask questions later." I'm sorry but that last panel makes Supes seem like such a tool. "Talk, Batman. Before I won't let you." Seriously? It's pretty hard to talk when a crazy guy with super strength is choking you lol

#37 Posted by gambitpryde1993 (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Superman is pwning Batman. It'll be cool to see how Flash ties in w/ the main plot.

#38 Posted by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be picking up issue #2 of Justice League.

#39 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

yep....But its about damn time Supes pwned Batman.
#40 Posted by horshbox (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of happy to see Batman getting the beat down from Superman, always found it annoying how he always manages to beat everyone even though he's just a man, still that's what makes him batman I guess.

#41 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

@ReVamp said:

yep....But its about damn time Supes pwned Batman.

Funny how I feel exactly the opposite :P

#42 Edited by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell Yeah I cant wait for tomorrow. Thank God for Digital Download and if its worth it, which it looks like it's going to be then I might order a paper issue.

#43 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, looks really great!

Can't wait.

#44 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

damn..looks tight! well done to the creative team on JL. This stuff has been really good and looks like its not ending its fun...

#45 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...I just don't get what people see in Geoff Johns writing anymore.

#46 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

The artwork for all three characters is excellent.

#47 Posted by frogjitsu (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely picking this up. The first issue was great. I especially love the interactions between GL and Batman, and how cocky GL was.

Anyone notice that it seems like Bats, Supes, GL is the new trinity? Where's WW?

#48 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Really nice looking.

#49 Posted by GrimmThing (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is showing them who the alpha male is.

#50 Posted by rudorudo (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal's not gonna construct a "giant kryptonite planet" again is he? I'd actually pay to see that again.