• 67 results
#51 Posted by AWeekInGeekdom (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Why couldn't "Avenging" remain? It is the same concept :(

#52 Posted by stetson12 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Yost is amazing, I love his writing!

#53 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

l've tried to avoid it long as I can, but this whole "Superior" idea i'm now calling a shtick! It seems to be the dominant theme almost of Marvel NOW with Otto-Spidey at the nexus of it all. They really are going to milk this cow it seems...hopefully it just doesn't get to be a tired concept.

#54 Posted by ArmeisV (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Why couldn't "Avenging" remain? It is the same concept :(

Yes, it is the same concept, but Spider-Man will be fired from the Avengers.

#55 Posted by laflux (17640 posts) - - Show Bio

Why bother? As soon as they start showing trailers for TASM2 Otto is out of here.

lol true

#56 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

I see superior spidey as just a way for the writers to come up with new material for Peter, (whenever he returns) without them writing boring lack luster arcs ! Just roll with it people !

#57 Edited by TDK_1997 (15262 posts) - - Show Bio

Best thing is that Yost is writing it but I won't bother buying it!

#58 Posted by thejman250 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

- Interesting.

#60 Posted by DeMiedo (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on what happens in SSM #9, I'll pick this up or not.

#61 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1559 posts) - - Show Bio

SS is in my mind amazing (pun intended). Anything with Spock Ock is something I'm interested in.

#62 Posted by theFantasticFudge (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Stinks they're relaunching Avenging into another book that's essentially exactly the same, just for a new #1. I like the title, though. It's cool. So is that awesome Paolo Rivera cover & Yost/Checchetto staying.

#63 Posted by DeMiedo (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Stinks they're relaunching Avenging into another book that's essentially exactly the same, just for a new #1. I like the title, though. It's cool. So is that awesome Paolo Rivera cover & Yost/Checchetto staying.

How do you know Checchetto is staying?

#64 Posted by mfbarry (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The torture never ends. This money-grab just goes on and on...maybe it will all end with Slott getting canned and Marvel handing the new "Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man" over to Matt Fraction.

A Spider-Man fan can dream.

#65 Posted by TheAcidSkull (19407 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfbarry said:

The torture never ends. This money-grab just goes on and on...maybe it will all end with Slott getting canned and Marvel handing the new "Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man" over to Matt Fraction.

A Spider-Man fan can dream.

Ehhh i'd put Yost and Greg Pak or fred over Matt any day, he can be decent but matt can be terrible as well.

#66 Posted by AkaBoAli (44 posts) - - Show Bio

This will only work, in my opinion, if they show how the Avengers and others in the Marvel universe doubt this Spider-Man, and explore the little things that make Peter the true SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN that he is.

I will check this out for sure.

#67 Posted by theFantasticFudge (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@demiedo: My mistake, it says David Lopez is doing the first issue/arc. It'd be cool if Checchetto comes back, too.

#68 Posted by muhabba (301 posts) - - Show Bio

I was so excited when I heard about this... like, 20-30 years ago when they first started branching off Spidy titles. Being closer to the ages of Joe Q and the rest of creators and writers now-a-days, it just seems like they are rewriting the stories that they read when they were kids.

#69 Edited by Burns2k (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@wwajfan: yeah the venom title has been simply awesome my favourite comic tbh

#70 Edited by ChillinVillain (171 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!! MOAR SPOCK!!!

I'm said that I've caught up with all of SpOck's comics and I need MOAR SPOCK!!!!!

For now I'll sate myself with Venom and Scarlet.