• 67 results
Posted by G-Man (29428 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has been releasing teasers all week for SUPER SPIDER-MAN month set for July. The latest series (what, another ongoing?) features Spider-Man and...the entire Marvel Universe? If you've been reading SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN and saw the older teaser, you know things aren't going too smoothly between SUPERIOR Spider-Man and the Avengers.

Check out the information Marvel has released about the first issue of this new series.

This July, fan favorite writer Chris Yost pairs up with red-hot artist David Lopez to bring fans Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #1! This all-new ongoing, launching during Superior Spider-Month, gives fans a whole new look into the world of Superior Spider-Man, great for lapsed and new readers alike!

There’s only one thing that’s on the mind of the Superior Spider-Man when he encounters the heroes of the Marvel Universe…how can he beat them?! First on his list? The Avengers!

Superior Spider-Man Team Up #1 takes fans across the entire Marvel Universe and pits Superior Spider-Man against heroes and foes you wouldn’t necessarily think he’d rub shoulders with,” explains Stephen Wacker, Senior Editor, Marvel Entertainment. “More and more people in the Marvel Universe are starting to sense a change in Spider-Man, and being able to see Chris put Spidey in those situations is going to have my inbox full of team-up requests! (So stay strong Songbird fans!”)

This July, Superior Spider-Month turns it up a notch as Yost and Lopez let loose in Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #1!

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP #1

Written by CHRIS YOST

Art by DAVID LOPEZ

Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

ON SALE JULY 2013!

Staff Online
#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeesh, we're being absolutely bombarded with Otto-Man's future!

Staff
#2 Posted by KRYPTON (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, so many teams ups now with Superior SpiderMan

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5553 posts) - - Show Bio

So, is this just like Avenging Spider-Man?

#4 Edited by wmwadeii (3137 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope this doesn't mean they are canceling Avenging Spider-man

#5 Posted by WWAJfan (236 posts) - - Show Bio

okay so im sticking ith with Sup Carnage. Is Superior becoming the new Wolvie?

#6 Posted by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

Meaning he will get to ruin Pete's rep with everyone....

#7 Edited by animehunter (1518 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do Marvel keep doing this,

I know some will disagree, but to me this is just another slap to the face of Peter Parker, who to me will always be the one and only Spider-man.

and

I am losing all respect for Marvel, because I feel they are ruining Spider-man and they are treating him as if he never represented anything worthwhile.

When I was younger I saw Peter as someone I could relate to, but this Peter/Spider-man I don't recognise at all and it feels all Marvel did was to basically destroy anything I felt for the character.

#8 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

someone is really desperate. guess this 'superior' spider-man isnt that great.

#9 Edited by WWAJfan (236 posts) - - Show Bio

I Actually dont read Superior, im more of a Venom guy, but i've hear is really good (Superior). I May not like the idea of Otto being in charge, but right now this book is doing very well, good job to Slott and his team. Hoping Superior doesnt become Marvel's new Wolvie.Either way im sticking with Bunn and Shalvey's Venom : )

#10 Posted by ThreadPool (96 posts) - - Show Bio

The best thing about The Superior Spider-man run?

Dem Paolo Rivera covers!

#11 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, it's going to be a long while before Pete comes back. Still, this sounds interesting.

#12 Edited by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

Why bother? As soon as they start showing trailers for TASM2 Otto is out of here.

#13 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (511 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like their goal is to have Otto Spidey interact with every aspect of the Marvel Universe just for the LOLs before turning him back to Peter...being that he is showing up in like every book and getting a million different ongoings centered around Otto meeting Spidey villains and allies...

It's a little exhausting...

#14 Edited by feargalr (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah man, this is too many Spider books.

#15 Posted by MarvelMan1985 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Im wondering if this series will replace Avenging Spider-Man, since that was also basically a 'team-up' series, mutch like Savage Wolverine seems to be now, and what the "X-Men" series with the "Curse of the Mutants" story-line also was.

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (9116 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Peter already

#17 Posted by neiliusprime (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Yost said in another interview that Avenging Spider-Man will end and it will be renamed Superior Spider-Man Team-Up

#18 Posted by Mr. Messy Face (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Avenging Spider-Man is supposed to be the team-up book... Why make a new one?

#19 Posted by sparty-dbq (715 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's called "Team-Up," but it's about him going up AGAINST other heroes?

F*** it. Whatever. Makes as much sense as anything else about this damn thing at this point.

#20 Posted by Tmul501 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do Marvel keep doing this,

I know some will disagree, but to me this is just another slap to the face of Peter Parker, who to me will always be the one and only Spider-man.

and

I am losing all respect for Marvel, because I feel they are ruining Spider-man and they are treating him as if he never represented anything worthwhile.

When I was younger I saw Peter as someone I could relate to, but this Peter/Spider-man I don't recognise at all and it feels all Marvel did was to basically destroy anything I felt for the character.

Preach! I am quickly losing interest in SSM. I don't want to read about how big of a jerk Spock is any longer. I tired it out and have been sticking it out, but I'm really unhappy with the current state of spider-man books. I'm looking to re-evaluate things after issue 9...

#21 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5553 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

I think that Yost said in another interview that Avenging Spider-Man will end and it will be renamed Superior Spider-Man Team-Up

That makes sense I suppose. Thanks. :)

#22 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

But don't we already have Avenging Spider-man?

#23 Posted by kid Apollo (697 posts) - - Show Bio

"great for lapsed and new readers alike!"

-is that the nice way of saying 'old readers'?

#24 Posted by thegenericmister (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Way to turn spider-man into a villain marvel. This is totally like when barry allen died during crisis and wally west took over the mantle of the flash *cough* sarcasm *cough*

#25 Edited by millennium (177 posts) - - Show Bio

.......................................................................... yawn ....................................................... sigh......................................... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................................................................ keep milking that spider cow just keep on milking marvel

#26 Posted by dondave (26917 posts) - - Show Bio

Picking it up

#27 Posted by thegenericmister (40 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by stetson12 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they keep Avenging Spider-man going! I feel like Spider-man is getting as many spinoffs as Batman gets in the DC universe! I'm really excited about this! All of the series might not be the best, but I'm still super pumped for this.

#29 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7855 posts) - - Show Bio

...As I just want Peter back, c'mon I Just Want him back.

#31 Edited by Smurfboy (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa. Didn't see that coming. Interesting. Too bad that I can't afford to buy monthly. Might get in hardcover books.

#33 Posted by JakeN7 (4926 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad the successor to Avenging Spider-Man will be a true successor and still have Chris Yost on writing duties. He definitely writes the best Superior Spider-Man, and this whole move actually makes sense now that Spidey may no longer be an Avenger (calling it Avenging Spider-Man wouldn't really work.)

#34 Posted by sora_thekey (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

Another unecesarry title...

#35 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I....... So..... it's just like Avenging Spider-Man? SAME WRITER AND EVERYTHING!!??!?!??!

So Avenging Spider-Man is being replaced by this, right? Because otherwise...... that would be moronically redundant.

#36 Posted by Ninjablade09 (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

Ah man, this is too many Spider books.

This exactly what I was thinking. It like the X-men and Batman now.

#37 Posted by dmaggot (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I was intrigued by Superior at the start. But lately I've just kind of fallen off. I'm just sick of seeing Spider-Man act like a jerk to everyone. That isn't why I read Spider-Man. I loved Spider-Man, easily my favourite character. But maybe I just need to stop reading until it goes back to Peter. I guess I'll see how it progresses over the next while.

#38 Edited by ComicKing7 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow good week for Superior Spidey

#39 Posted by BuNKiTZ (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, this is interesting... I thought it was going to be just like Avenging Spider-Man, but I guess it's the opposite and instead he'll be fighting with the characters he "teams-up" with... Though, yes, this would ruin Pete's reputation with the others and his friendship even... Seeing Human Torch there... Don't ruin their friendship! >_<

#40 Edited by spiderturtle (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Cram all the stories we can b4 Pete comes back!

#41 Posted by mrpandopool (63 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hey it doesn't matter if we spoil that Peter Parker is not getting his body back in the issues where he fights to regain control, even if we advertise and hype the hell out of that story make in it seem that Peter Parker is going to be the one victorious but hey it sells better that way" -Marvel-

#42 Edited by Strider92 (15272 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost writing = I'm buying!

#43 Posted by Lvenger (16058 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_mighty_monarch: I think Yost said Avenging was ending and being replaced by this title. Otherwise that would be totally redundant.

Yeah but you buy anything Yost writes to be fair :P

#44 Edited by Strider92 (15272 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@strider92 said:

He's my favorite writer ofc I do! :p

#45 Posted by Lvenger (16058 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@strider92 said:

He's my favorite writer ofc I do! :p

Never said there was a problem with that. Yost is making this Superior Spider-Man facade bearable in his title at least. Wish he was in charge of Spider-Man and not Slott.

#46 Edited by Strider92 (15272 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Jake Fury (17924 posts) - - Show Bio

That cover is amazing and if anyone can make this work it's Yost.

#48 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (567 posts) - - Show Bio

just give us the crossover we've been waiting for this entire time ! give us Scarlet spider vs SpOck

#49 Posted by Perfect 10 (864 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: totally the opposite. its like dc putting bat on every title they can thinking it will sale like batman. well if batman, wolverine and avengers can have fifty titles why not spidey? would love to see people who dont have their own titles currently (she-hulk) or someone who has never had their own title (storm) given a chance but not going to hold my breathe on that. just going to enjoy the ride

#50 Posted by johnjoe66 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: ya i totally agree the main reason i love spider man is not for his powers or being a genius but that he is so relatable how can i relate to spidey ock like i have a super villians brain patterns in my head this is ruining spider man :(