• 129 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (34887 posts) - - Show Bio

Better update those unemployment figures! Today Marvel has teased an upcoming SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN story called "Fired." It seems fair that Ock's inability to play well with others will eventually cost him his job. And, with the Avengers looking down on him in the background, it makes me wonder if they'll also come to a decision regarding his status on their team. Despite leading the Sinister Six at times, Ock has never really been much of a team player. Will Ock be unable to juggle the many responsibilities that Peter has? Or will he just be too rude for the others to handle? I guess we'll see!

Written by Dan Slott and illustrated by Humberto Ramos, 'Fired' will begin April, 2013. What do you think will happen?

#1 Posted by ThePRez (290 posts) - - Show Bio

damm it OCK!! gett it together

#2 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace "fired" with "CANCELLED!" then that would be a start in the right direction for this garbage.

#3 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay seriously what's up with Parker/Ock's toes?

#4 Posted by DATNIGGA (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes probably getting kicked out of the avengers...

but ah who cares he has the combined knowledge of both ock and peter hes smart enough not to need anyone lol

#5 Posted by powerhouse1122 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Ruining everything. Dan Slott I hate you. F@$& you man.

#6 Posted by Vulshock (157 posts) - - Show Bio

It could also explain why he is so grateful in the first issue of Avengers.

#7 Posted by animehunter (2277 posts) - - Show Bio

What this means, is that when Peter comes back (not if, NEVER if), he'll have to rebuild his whole life again.

Getting a job, rebuilding his reputation with other heroes, rebuilding his relation with friends, family & Mary Jane

#8 Posted by dondave (38882 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't want for this to come out

#9 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMMIT OCK! I bet ten bucks Ock would last thirty seconds with the Avengers in Pete's body! He doesn't even make it to his first issue! ****!

#10 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vulshock said:

It could also explain why he is so grateful in the first issue of Avengers.

that was Peter....Peter is still Spider-man for the first arc of Avengers

#11 Posted by animehunter (2277 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vulshock: Avengers #1 is set before Superior Spider-man, so it's still Peter not Dr Ock

#12 Posted by CelosBeats (3 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by G-Man (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually surprised people didn't complain when Peter got his dream job at Horizon. He had so much money, a great apartment, etc, everything that was the opposite of what Peter Parker's "Parker Luck" was about. Now he's getting fired and people are having a fit?

And for the record, I still say "The Other" story where Peter dies and gets reborn in a cocoon made from spiders was way more whack than what's going on now. I know there are those that really loved that story but it just didn't work for me personally.

Staff
#14 Posted by DerfelMacklin (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Can OckSpidey take Wolverine with him?

#15 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Anticipating Superior Spiderman I must say. We all know at some point spiderman will be back by some silly means but I'm looking forward to Oc trying to prove he's more fitting than the original

#16 Posted by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: You can't please people, Tony. I think Dan Slott has done a great job with Spider-Man. I'm excited to seeing where this story arc goes because OBVIOUSLY as of issue #1 of Superior this is an arc. I'm sure we'll come out of this seeing Parker as the superior Spider-Man and defeating Ock once again.

@powerhouse1122: wow, really dude...calm down. Many people think that Spider-Man being a full time Avenger (and on three different teams at the same time) was a completely screw up in and of itself.

#17 Posted by Black_Cat7 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

For a moment I thought this article was going to reveal that Dan Slott was fired, or something. It got my hopes up.

#18 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4091 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, you can get fired from the Avengers?

#19 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

DAMMIT OCK! I bet ten bucks Ock would last thirty seconds with the Avengers in Pete's body! He doesn't even make it to his first issue! ****!

I give him eleven seconds to blow it. Probably by saying something like

"Don't talk out loud or you'll lower the IQ of the whole city."

Quite possibly to all of them.

#20 Posted by Don_Jay (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: I personally loved that Parker got the good job, the money, the apartment, because it was a good (and quite logical) step in the characters evolution. He finally started to live up to his potential both as a scientist at Horizon and a hero as a part of the Avengers. We had Almost 50 years of comics, where he had money problems, and the whole Parker luck. His scientific mind was often unused and underplayed. That is the reason I loved Slott's run on ASM. Then came 700, where my biggest source of rage is the fact that the whole damn ending felt disrespectful to the character. Will Parker be back? I'm willing to bet good money on it. But this suggested direction feels very much like the "let's get Parker single, because he was single when I read it as a kid" approach, coined by Quesada. Now Stott's about to destroy everything he built for Parker for the reason of what? So when they bring him back eventually they can once again tell stories about how down on his luck he is? How he has to rebuild his personal relationships and the respect of the people and the superhero community? To me, this just feels like an uninspired attempt to rehash the stories slightly differently.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for the first issue to come already.

#22 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jodez: Disliking the Spider-Otto nonsense, hating the toe thing, waiting for Pete to come back. Let Sl-Otto destroy everything. Someone will rebuild our dear Peter.

#23 Posted by sergyanime (101 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense to G man but he has a job and friendships to consider in his judgment of superior spiderman. I think if G man wasn't in the position he was in now he would be just as mad as a lot of people about superior spiderman.

The reasons most fans weren't mad when peter made money is because people don't care about the parker luck. People want to cheer on peter and people want peter to live a good life. Peter is for many a reflection of them selves and watching your self be striped of everything and taken over by your worst enemy makes it feel much worse then if this was like the hulk or something that we don't relate.

Dan slott is a good writer, but even the best writers write some bad stories and this choice is a bad one. If this was a mini series I bet people would be a lot more interested and slott still could have told his story without angering his fans and fans of spiderman.

#24 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Either way I don't give a damn.

#25 Posted by Barkley (276 posts) - - Show Bio

cancelled would be better...if all you can say about Superior Spider-man wont last and peter will be back then this change wasn't worth it

#26 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13612 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

So after years and years of people crying that they wanted Spider-Man to be poor and with MJ again Slott is now tearing down Pete/Ock's life to bring it back to that. So what do Spider-Man fans do now that they're getting what they wanted? Complain ...

#28 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man off the avengers?

YES!!!!!

no seriously name one time spider-man was useful in the avengers book.

#29 Posted by CircularLogic (282 posts) - - Show Bio

The next story arc, Ock-spidey is hired back to the Daily Bugle, somehow regressing the character back even further than OMD.

All kidding aside, Does anyone honestly think Doc Ock is the kind of character we can follow for more than a year once the hype dies down? Just imagine if Peter Parker never existed, but the same character of Doc Ock did in fact. Do we truly care about him enough to give him a lasting book? I don't see it happening

#30 Edited by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Ock: Scott was right

Captain America: GTFO

#31 Posted by Mutant God (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont care for Doc Spock

#32 Posted by ScarletWebs (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm digging Thor's godly beard in that picture.

#33 Posted by the3rdborn (39 posts) - - Show Bio

!!!YES YES YES!! now if we can get Wolverine of the team i will be a happy camper

#34 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

Spider-man off the avengers?

YES!!!!!

no seriously name one time spider-man was useful in the avengers book.

There was that one time where he did that one thing.

#35 Posted by RuinedGlory (29 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts on The Amazing Spider-Man #700. Also as for the "Fired" photo, Spidey's feet look like he has two giant toes & that's it. Slott is starting to ruin everything Peter has created but don't worry in a few months it'll all return to status quo!

#36 Posted by BR_Havoc (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel really need to stop trying to hype this book up by pissing off fans. At this point this book has become a circus show that is annoying many people. Marvel/Dan Slott and Stephen Wacker all should just shut there mouths and let the story speak for itself but no they made it a media frenzy that will only carry sales for so long.

#37 Posted by leokearon (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurray! Spidey never did anything as an Avenger

#38 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: There are over a Hundred issue of the avengers, and spider-man was only useful in one time.

Why is anyone complaining that spidey is getting kicked of the avengers?

#39 Posted by kid Apollo (720 posts) - - Show Bio

technically he cant be fired, he never gave them his real name so he could never get a pay stub and wouldnt be on any of 'the books', so he was never really an employee. but then again 'CO-OP TERMINATED' just doesnt have the same ring to it

#40 Posted by redscare (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's beard is making a return? That's amazi... oh... Spider-Man's getting fired from something?

#41 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: I'm not complaining.

#42 Posted by Z3RO180 (6703 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone and I mean everyone that is crying about superior before it come out need to grow the fu!k up and give the dame story a chance. That being said I'm looking forward to this dan Scott is good writer and knows what he's doing.

#43 Posted by Xwraith (21328 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the Dan Slott who wrote GLA back.

#44 Posted by cacarl (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: That will mean another 10 years of nothingness. Brand New Day Part 2!

#45 Posted by Tmul501 (600 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like this is all being done in an attempt to get Peter back to being a solo character. Get him kicked off his team, probably fire him from horizon, etc. and have Peter come back to a crappy life. Whatever. I was enjoying Peter having things go his way for a while, but we'll see where this goes.

#46 Posted by cacarl (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid Apollo: That means he wasn't paying his tax. IRS will get you, Peter/Ock!

#47 Posted by lostlantern13 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: I actually liked the move to Horizon. Not only did it mark natural progression for the character, which every other Marvel character aside from Spidey seems to get, but it also opened up the possibility of highlight Parker's intellect. Too many writers downplayed Spidey's scientific acumen and it was nice to see him thinking and inventing with the Starks and Richardses of the world.

#48 Posted by Novemberx2 (476 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder if everyone will actually stop reading this series! i hope so

never the less, i feel sorry for spiderman fans, (and Doc Ock fans because remember 2 characters have been ruined here)

#49 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

I like everyone's HMMPH expression

#50 Edited by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I sure as hell don't want Ock in the Avengers.

In fact ideal scenario - "Gee Pete is acting weird, hey lets throw a rock and let that genius spend four seconds on this one"