Posted by G-Man (37623 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who meets Stark Trek? Sound incredibly insane. This was first brought to my attention last Friday but I couldn't believe it. An image was brought to my attention but let's be honest, how many creative pieces of art have we seen that could be passed off as the real thing? And then IDW sent off this following cover image to my inbox.

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION/DOCTOR WHO: ASSIMALTION2 is taking fans on an adventure where no man (or woman) has gone before.

Launching in May, fans will get to see the Borg and the Cybermen create an unholy alliance that could destroy all of humanity. Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise will find themselves teaming up with the Doctor and his companions.

This will be an eight-issue series written by Scott and David Tipton along with long time Doctor Who writer, Tony Lee and will feature the art of J.K. Woodward. You can look for the 32-page, $3.99 first issue on sale in May.

#1 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

This...looks...awesome! ::Completely in awe of what I see that I don't even have the words to express right now::

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

*Facepalm* No. Bad IDW, Bad. Go to your room and think about what you've done.

#3 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Nerdgasm. Too bad i dislike Star Trek

#4 Posted by NightFang (10194 posts) - - Show Bio

Together at last.

#5 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be cool...

Of course one of my friends would simply love this series if actully near a comic book store...Looks like I have found a birthday present for him!

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34251 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Picard, how I loath the gleam from your hairless cue ball head.

#7 Posted by ThePRez (288 posts) - - Show Bio

YEyes!

#8 Posted by CptPanda29 (212 posts) - - Show Bio

I must survive until May.

#9 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

#10 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the Old Spice guy: my mind has exploded in front of my face

#11 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

#12 Posted by emerald_dawn (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Agreed.

#13 Posted by The Impersonator (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

@Watcherg6 said:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

#14 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by scifi_superstar (41 posts) - - Show Bio
Exterminate! Exterminate! :D
#16 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

My friends and I spent quite some time debating what would happen if the Cybermen crossed paths with the Borg. Looks like we're about to get our answer.

GERONIMMOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Or...

Make it so. Either way, this is gonna be awesome!!!

#17 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

The byline for Star Trek The Next Generation has been "where no one has gone before". Yes I am being nerdy.

Why not these two franchises having a cross over? Sounds like a great idea to me. Could be all sorts of awesome or all sorts of failure, but it still seems like a great concept.

#18 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing Doctor #11 doing Picards' "Make It So" gesture is awesome, I'll give them that, but this crossover will probably bomb.

Ever since there was a novel made in the early 90's of Next Gen and X-Men meeting up and it being treated as serious as the rest of TNG novels, I feel Star Trek is not meant for crossovers (toy stories don't count). That novel hurt me, I didn't even read it and it actually hurt me like I was attacked with a spiked club.

#19 Posted by crazy8504 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I think my mind just exploded from even trying to comprehend the epicness this will be. all I can say is "I wear a visor now visor are cool"

#20 Posted by Casshern (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I never got into these comic book or continuing novel stories of TV shows. This just sounds weird, and I'm a Fan of BOTH!

#21 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSS YESYESEYSYEYSYYSYESY They should make a proper good Doctor Who comic book series after this though......I mean proper good.

#22 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all over this, thank you the heads up. I still have to pick up IDW's Star Trek/Legion Of Superheroes series. One of these days I'll get to town.

#23 Posted by Apis (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Please pardon my tears. After so many years I assumed Santa never got my letters, but it seems I'm not naughty afterall.

#24 Posted by Caffeine Buzz (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see the Doctor say, "I wear spandex now. Spandex is cool." !!!!

#25 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

I really can't like this new doctor, i don't know why but this one is really not a good actor for me.

#26 Posted by Oedipus_Rex (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm already sick of the Ponds. Needs more River if they want me to pick it up.

#27 Posted by OptimusCline (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always though Star Trek teaming up with the Doctor would be awesome. The Doctor believes in humanity, but they always let him down, but the ideals of the Federation rivals even the Time Lords.

#28 Posted by Sergeant_Stubby (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please explain how they plan to combine the 2 universes... or how they will meet up? i mean is the Doctor's "Tardis" going to transport them to the "Star Trek universe?"

#29 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7948 posts) - - Show Bio

Read about this last night, sounds interesting.

#30 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor has to say "ENGAGE!" and I'll die happy!

#31 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

(Gathers what remains of brain off floor) Wow. That is just... awesome. Finally my wildest, nerdiest dreams have come true. Shame it's not a TV production and that the Doctor is meeting the crew of NG instead of Star Trek Voyager but hey I'm happy enough. Now if only Brainiac teams up with the Cybermen or the Borg and my real dream crossover will come true...

#32 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME! MIND BLOWN HERE!

#33 Posted by Hakudoushinumbernine (236 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't wait!!!!!!

#34 Posted by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be terrible, yet there's no way I'm gonna miss it.

#35 Posted by Punisher007 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Data can't process the Doctor's awesomeness.

#36 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be amazing! Two of my favorite things together. Incredible!

Now bring on the Star Wars crossover.

#37 Posted by 672253 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: There's always Comixology if not near a comic book store.

#38 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! You can't mix that god awful Matt Smith Doctor Who garbage with the immortal genius of TNG and Pattrick Stewart. This is a disgrace, having seen the tv series of these Doctor Whos, they've just gone down hill from Christopher Ecclestone.

#39 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@672253 said:

@The Poet: There's always Comixology if not near a comic book store.

true, true. But, in past we have worked out an agreement with one series where I got 2 copies of a single issue and he gave me money for that second copy, so that works too. Plus, knowing him and his love of both the Doctor and Star Trek, he'll want a physical copy of this series (doubt he knows what Comixology is anyway...)

#40 Posted by BooDoug187 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still waiting for Batman/TNG crossover.

#41 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! This is the makings of being great, hope it turns out that way!