Secret Origin of Tony Stark Teaser - Enter the Stark Seven?

• 53 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

"The Secret Origin of Tony Stark." What could that possibly mean? Don't we already know everything there is to know about Tony Stark and how he became Iron Man? Apparently not. There's been some rumblings about this secret origin and now Marvel has released a teaser for it.

No Caption Provided

You know the origin of Iron Man, but what mysteries surround the Secret Origin of Tony Stark? It’s the biggest story to rock the life of the man behind the suit, and this April, the blockbuster creative team of Kieron Gillen and Dale Eaglesham uncover one of the secrets surrounding Tony’s past in Iron Man #10! But who are the “Stark Seven” and what do they have to do with Iron Man?

You’ve never read an Iron Man story quite like this and no fan can miss out on some of the biggest revelations that will not only impact the life of the Armored Avenger, but the entire Marvel Universe! So what are you waiting for? Head on over to your local comic shop now and reserve a copy of Iron Man #10!

IRON MAN #10 (MAR130627)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art by DALE EAGLESHAM

Cover by GREG LAND

FOC- 04/22/13 On-Sale – 05/15/13

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By daredevil21134

This couldn't have anything to with his upcoming movie,could it?LOL

Merc20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Interesting, though some of the roles seem redundant

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By theTimeStreamer

dc, take notes. this is a WTF cover.

@merc20 said:

i agree. grunt=muscle, bombshell=distraction, spy maybe = brains. and what does an alien bring to the table?

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By queenfrost_

So...the only two women used on the team are used as some sort of 'distraction' (aka objectified)? Nice.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

So...the only two women used on the team are used as some sort of 'distraction' (aka objectified)? Nice.

I was just about to say the same thing.

"Just you stand there an look pretty gals, men are working."

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vortex13

I was thinking the same thing actually.

Poncho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Poncho

you can't argue with results

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trebean

Nope, still not as WTF as Carrie Kelley dressed as Robin and Bruce pointing a gun at Gordon, Redhood's Face, and Superman meeting Orion

Anyway is that Dum Dum Dugan?

The Iron Man series hasn't really piqued my interest, but I might give this a try.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Is it just me or does "The Bombshell" look more like a spy than "The Spy does? That kind of outfit makes me think of someone who's undercover.

And spelling it Se7en just looks stupid. Makes it looks like it says sezen, and I don't think that's a thing.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poncho said:

@queenfrost_ said:

you can't argue with results

What results? You can't have read this issue, so you don't know what the results are.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blkson

Is it just me or does "The Bombshell" look more like a spy than "The Spy does? That kind of outfit makes me think of someone who's undercover.

And spelling it Se7en just looks stupid. Makes it looks like it says sezen, and I don't think that's a thing.

The "Bombshell" looks more like the spy to me too. I've seen seven spelled like that before and I've always looked at it as the "7" replacing the letter "v" as being just slightly tilted or turned horizontal.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deadpool25mm

TEAM 7 The Marvel style ;)

@thetimestreamer said:

@merc20 said:

i agree. grunt=muscle, bombshell=distraction, spy maybe = brains. and what does an alien bring to the table?

I agree with the WTF part , and the Alien can bring Tech and weaponery, which Stark might have allready... hmm so wtf again.

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xtremekidx

Seems pretty close to the secret seven!!

Hope it would be something completely different!

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean: yeah that's dum dum dugan by the looks of it. and the spy might have some connection to the atlas guy. can't remember his name though.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By JamesKM716

Ugh, why do they insist on keeping Gillen on the title? It's pretty awful

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By daredevil21134

I kinda wanna read it

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

So we have Batman Year Zero coming up soon, and now this, gotta love retcons!

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank God Greg Land is off this book.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RustyRoy

Are they all supposed to be Starks? The alien can't be a Stark.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more greg land, EVERYBODY PARTY!

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By nappystr8

If this was occurring in current continuity I would say this was highly derivative, but it might make for a fun change of pace from the stories Iron Man is usually involved with. But being as this seems to take place in the past and is somehow involved with the characters origin? It really seems more like they are running out of ideas.

It's possible that this story and this team do take place in the present and they have been assembled to help Tony collect secrets from his past that have been stolen, in which case I that could be an interesting story, but as it stands, this just looks like a horrible idea.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hate when they make dumb history changes.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder if they would make another 'Secret Origin' after this....always has...

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sage1000

I really hate it whenever marvel blatantly rips off an idea from DC just to insult it.

Secret 7 = Team 7

52 variant covers

new 52 = 52

it's really annoying, don't they have anything better to do than just insult DC

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I shudder to think what it would've been like had Greg Land drawn this arc.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.. who are they all?

I'm guessing Jimmy Woo, Dum Dum Dugan, Thunderbolt Ross?, Sharon Carter?, Fortuna?

Merc20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Merc20

@backflip:Right with the first three, the alien and the girls not sure if new or not and then there is Howard Stark

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merc20 said:

I could see a clear distinction between brain and spy, especially in the Marvel universe, but yeah what exactly are the other two distinctions. Maybe (ironically) the distraction is the demo expert and the bombshell is the distraction.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By sora_thekey

I see Thunderbolt Ross, Dum Dum Dugan and is the Bombshell Emma Frost?

We all know Stark and her share a past.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, we've got a grunt and a muscle.... also, a distraction and a bombshell.... How moronic is this?!? I could think up seven actually distinct character types without having both women be dumb sex stereotypes or having two men be the dumb bruiser stereotypes, but then I have more brain cells than Marvel does.

SHEESH!

DJ1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saga1000 that is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever read from people here.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

So a Tony Star and JJJ team up?

DadaHyena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DadaHyena

When will people learn that "Se7en" isn't pronounced "seven"? It's "sesevenen"!

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@queenfrost_:

actually no, the female labled distraction is in semi combat gear like the others she is likely in charge of the literal distraction operation, like robbers blowing up a building across town and while the cops are there, the main team robs the bank.

and the bombshell, COM ON this is the 50s i think they are going for a Noir mystery feel, if so they Have to have a femme fatale.

stop jumping to conclusions and stop acting like men cant enjoy womens sexuality along with there other professional attributes, its not one or the other.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, we've got a grunt and a muscle.... also, a distraction and a bombshell.... How moronic is this?!? I could think up seven actually distinct character types without having both women be dumb sex stereotypes or having two men be the dumb bruiser stereotypes, but then I have more brain cells than Marvel does.

SHEESH!

actually no, the female labled distraction is in semi combat gear like the others she is likely in charge of the literal distraction operation, like robbers blowing up a building across town and while the cops are there, the main team robs the bank.

and the bombshell, COM ON this is the 50s i think they are going for a Noir mystery feel, if so they Have to have a femme fatale. and just cus she is a kock out babe, it DOES NOT MEAN SHE IS DUMB!!!

stop jumping to conclusions and stop acting like men cant enjoy womens sexuality along with there other professional attributes, its not one or the other.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is that Shen The Cat? that cloke had a cool kitten tattoo, he was brilliant. Also I loved that 80's disco alien

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dj1107: LOL I completely agree...Those are the weakest links that I have ever heard and they seem so forced.Not only that,but Marvel constantly copies off of DC.....really?

On a side note,are you guys only paying attention to the fact of the codenames given the women....seriously?

I mean,I can understand your firsthand impressions,but lets actually make those conclusions when we actually see it happening rather than use gender criticism and end up being wrong. Although,that doesn't mean you can't be right.

And I don't see a WTF cover being an old character being brought into main continuity,Gordan holding a gun at batman,or red hood's face.....none of those are interesting.It's like the typical cover of a character like superman getting ready to punch someone....it's not interesting,and just bland and overrused (GOD I WANT THE OLD UNIVERSE BACK!)

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queenfrost_:

@queenfrost_ said:

and the bombshell, COM ON this is the 50s i think they are going for a Noir mystery feel, if so they Have to have a femme fatale.

What? The female distraction has boobs bigger than her head! And her outfit zip is slightly lower than the men! Please don't argue with common sense. You are making a fool of yourself. And WOW it's the 50s...big deal. Watch some Mad Men, they have femme fatales in the 50s/60s who aren't a caricature like that 'bombshell' on the cover. I'm not JUMPING to any conclusions. The cover literally labels it out for me. I didn't need to jump in to anything.

And really? Well I want two men dressed in tatty clothes with gaging bulges please. And that's their only role too...to have big bulges and a nice firm bubble but. Get back to me sweetheart xo

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Greg Land NOT on art??!?!?! Color me interested!

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41  Edited By DMC

The Brains: Howard Stark

The Grunt: Thunderbolt Ross (well it looks like him)

The Muscle : Dum Dum Dugan

The Spy: Jimmy Woo (it has to be, right?)

The Alien: nice try Wolverine I know it's you : P

The Bombshell: who knows, could be someone new. For now I'll say Mystique : P

The Distraction: some say Nia Jones, I doubt it though.probably someone new

Merc20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kieron Gillen: He made up the Stark Seven, who Howard Stark goes to [for] help with the heist. These are a mixture of old characters and new characters. The Seven are Jimmy Woo, Thunderbolt Ross—these are all younger versions of the characters. Rollo the alien. The Bear, who I see as Holly Hunter in 1960’s dress complete with big old sunglasses. And Nessa, who is the card shark.
This from an interview Marvel.com did. I posted the link below

http://marvel.com/news/story/20465/iron_man_building_blocks_pt_3

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm...so it's not another origin for tony stark...I knew it was for howard,I mean,just look at him.

However,the female members DO look a little....sexism-based.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dh69: YES!!! He was the only thing that was keeping me from enjoying this title. The first arc "Believe" would've been so much better with someone else's art.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Billy Ocean would be proud...or offended. Who knows?

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Queen's Halo

Shouldn't it be called Stark Stereotypes? I mean it starts with an S and I'm sure you could put a number there somewhere and it says about as much as Seven.

Mr. Messy Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a rip off of DC's Team 7.

RussT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RussT

So you need a distraction.....and a bombshell. Glad women are being portrayed as useful. (same goes for the muscle and grunt). Everything about that solicit seems pretty shamelessly geared towards grabbing our attention for the briefest moment before dropping off into no one cares land. Cheers Marvel.

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dj1107: I never said Marvel copies off DC, what I said was Marvel blatantly rips off DC ideas for the sole purpose of insulting DC and gave examples of over the past year where it has been done btw can you argue in a matured manner or at least pretend without descending to really weak insults

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kid Apollo

i wonder if the Grunt is Nathaniel Richards or Thad Ross?

p.s. for everyone hating on the Bombshell and the Distraction, it might be (probably is) i period piece meaning its not set in current politically correct times. im not saying its ok but it kinda plays well with the fact that this is probably set a few decades back