• 88 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Over the course of the last week we have been talking nearly non-stop about Marvel's next big event, Avengers Vs. X-Men, which will be kicking off this coming Spring. Earlier today the publisher revealed the cover and trade dress to the series' #0 issue, set to hit stores March, 2012. Issue #0 will serve as the prologue to the big event, and the issue will be written by Brian Michael Bendis and Jason Aaron. The gorgeous cover featuring Scarlet Witch and Hope Summers is illustrated by artist Frank Cho.

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #0
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & JASON AARON
Art & Cover by FRANK CHO

Interesting that Scarlet Witch and Hope were chosen for the cover of the prologue issue to the big event; particularly since the creative team recently teased that the relationship between these two characters will be revealed very soon. What could it be? What do you think of the cover? Are you looking forward to the Avengers vs X-MEN event?

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#2 Edited by sora_thekey (8154 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a gorgeous cover! I think it looks amazing and I'm not a big fan of Cho's!

I was waiting for something like this to come up, especially since one of these characters was responsible for the destruction of the X-Gene while the other was responsible for its return. For some reason, I so want an epic battle between the two of them!

#3 Posted by Fluttershy (10 posts) - - Show Bio

scarlet witch looks great, i love the flowy cape

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. Really good, I'm digging it. I love Cho though...

#5 Posted by cobra88king8 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Great cover. Even though I'm sick of events I kind of am looking forward to this one

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

And the difference between the capes and the symbolization behind it is interesting, for a lack of a better term.

#7 Posted by Mutie199 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

so scarlet witch is back :D

#8 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

So stoked for this event. I've never considered this, but what if Hope Summers is the daughter of Wanda? A residue effect from the House of M somehow.

#9 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the 'Free Digital Issue' crap on my covers...ugh...

#10 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Cho does nothing for me. =\

#11 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for Wanda to be back in the fold.

#12 Edited by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey said:

That is a gorgeous cover! I think it looks amazing and I'm not a big fan of Cho's!

I was waiting for something like this to come up, especially since one of these characters was responsible for the destruction of the X-Gene while the other was responsible for its return. For some reason, I so want an epic battle between the two of them!

Can Hope use others abilities to their fullest or to another level above the original user or can she only use the abilities that the original users no how to use?

#13 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee: agreed

#14 Posted by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

And thus my interest is stoked. It'll be neat to see what role Children's Crusade plays into Avengers vs X-Men.

#15 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8135 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadly Cover!!

#16 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I agree I am glad to see that Avengers Academy showed to be a really big event for Marvel. It was also in my opinion a really great mini series.

#17 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Sexy....

#18 Posted by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes: I haven't read it but I've heard a lot of good things about it. And it's great to see a link between different storylines that integrate into one big one. Quite ironic that this time around Marvel's respecting the continuity of its universe whereas DC has drastically changed things. Usually it's the other way around.

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, werent people actually dreading the though of this becoming a "Scarlet Witch vs The Phoenix" thing ? Oh Marvel, how predictable you've become. If i don't see any mutants getting repowered after this then...then...wow.

#20 Posted by Outside_85 (8180 posts) - - Show Bio

Havent we seen a pose like that before? (Think it was Hush)

#21 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

when it comes down to it, who is going to be fighting who tho. That's what I'm wondering. Are the 2 X titles going to team up against the 2 Avengers teams? Are we going to see Wolverine and Cap fight, or Cyclops and Cap fight? I think it's going to be an easy guess saying Thor and Juggy/Collosus fighting. Seems like there's a lot more mutants then Avengers. Should be interesting.

#22 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@goldenkey said:

when it comes down to it, who is going to be fighting who tho. That's what I'm wondering. Are the 2 X titles going to team up against the 2 Avengers teams? Are we going to see Wolverine and Cap fight, or Cyclops and Cap fight? I think it's going to be an easy guess saying Thor and Juggy/Collosus fighting. Seems like there's a lot more mutants then Avengers. Should be interesting.

I was thinking this too

As far as i know Thor is dead or off on some adventure in another realm. either way i wouldnt expect him back for this event.

I would expect that even with their differences that Cyclops team and Wolverines team would come together for their race until they know for sure whether it is a big threat or not. I can see Wolverine siding with the Avengers since he is on that team and if he knows that Hope (im guessing here) is attracting the Phoenix entity towards Earth and trying to kill Hope. I hope by the end of the event that we dont lose Hope though. It sounds like she will definitely have a connection to Jean though by the end of it (I sure hope she isnt reincarnated)

#23 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

...Scarlet Witch with Phoenix Powers= House M 2?

#24 Posted by HexThis (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it's obvious what the relationship between them is- one created mutants and one destroyed them (under a sort of mystical coercion, of course). I hope this means Wanda survives Children's Crusade and becomes an integral character once again! The Avengers seriously need her! Marvel seriously needs her! I SERIOUSLY NEED HER!

#25 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a huge Cho fan.

#26 Edited by KamenRider00 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

The Scarlet Witch has the ability to make and unmake reality in the image that she wants. I think the relationship with the two of them is based in Jean Grey. I think subconsciously, or consciously, Wanda reincarnated Jean Grey in the form of Hope. I've thought Hope was the reincarnation of Jean ever since the end of Messiah Complex when the Phoenix was reflected in her eyes. Or Marvel could be taking an easy way out and the relationship is simply that one destroyed and one created.

I hope there is more to it than that.

#27 Posted by InfinityOmelette (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel and Iron Man are also on the cover! :)

#28 Edited by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: In relation to your Thor point, I think it was mentioned that Thor would be involved in this event in some 'cosmic shennanigans' or something like that. I'll try and find the exact link where that was said.

EDIT: Here's the link that states Thor's involvement. Presumably that means they'll have brought him back before the start of this event. It also says that Loki will be involved somehow.

http://www.comicbooked.com/avengers-x-sanction-kicks-off-marvels-avengers-vs-x-men/

#29 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that's incredible. I wish they would change the name of the even tho. I mean Avengers vs. X-Men sounds like a 4-issue mini just for fun. It just sounds like so much less than the huge thing it looks like it will be if you guys know what I mean. This cover represents that some important sh*t is about to go down.

#30 Posted by DATNIGGA (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

im gonna love this event

#31 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope hears what Wanda did so she decides to assassinate Wanda herself and that leads to the fight between X-Men and Avengers or something like that

#32 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

And the difference between the capes and the symbolization behind it is interesting, for a lack of a better term.

Indeed. Didn't notice until you pointed it out! Front bottom!

Anyways, I reckon Scarlet Witch and Hope will be both be tied to the Phoenix force as different aspects - SW = Destruction, Hope = Rebirth.

#33 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@ReVamp said:

Anyways, I reckon Scarlet Witch and Hope will be both be tied to the Phoenix force as different aspects - SW = Destruction, Hope = Rebirth.

I hope SW never has anything to do with Phoenix.

#34 Posted by feargalr (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't FRAKKING wait...

#35 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, This doesn't matter, Marvel will just color over whatever the event's contribution to the "new" status quo in 2 years; with a repackaged old status quo.

#36 Posted by The Impersonator (5076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutie199 said:

so scarlet witch is back :D

She's already back in Crusade. :P

#37 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (996 posts) - - Show Bio

I am soooo waiting for the trade for this one..call me when the "events" are over please

#38 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Hope.

But it's going to PISS ME OFF if I keep hearing "Who's Hope"? LEARN BEYOND THE BASIC MOVIE CHARACTERS CASUALS!

BAH HUMBUG!

#39 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice cover!

#40 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

She lives after the Crusade:) great.

#41 Posted by NYStreets09e (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@InfinityOmelette said:

Ms. Marvel and Iron Man are also on the cover! :)

I noticed Ms. Marvel too, Carol vs Rogue Part II Maybe?

#42 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Daycrawler said:

@ReVamp said:

I hope SW never has anything to do with Phoenix.

Me neither to be honest, but I can see it going that way. Especially since Marvel are trying to get the X-Men more involved with / tied to the rest of the MU.

#43 Posted by Iron_Lad (315 posts) - - Show Bio

What an audacious cover. The two most important characters in the Marvel U, both representing the two sides in this conflict, Hope (X-Men) and Wanda (Avengers). Very cool. AvX feels like we might see some big changes not seen since the likes of M-Day.

#44 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Hope and Scarlet Witch working together to bring the Mutant race back from the brink of extinction. They probably have to do it before the Phoenix force decides that the mutants aren't worth letting live as a species since their numbers have dwindled so much so it is coming to rid the world of mutants once and for all but once it gets here they try bartering with it and either it decides to let them live, Hope takes control of it to stop it, or they get the mutant race back to where it was before House of M (or at least get mutants being born again) or a variety of the options mentioned

#45 Posted by sora_thekey (8154 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: I don't think the full extent of her power has been revealed. Although, as the Messiah I think she would be able to reach a much higher level than the rest of the mutants. Wanda and Jean had a power set that was above mutant potential and since Hope is up there on power level like them I'd say she has the ability to reach it.

@jcbart said:

So stoked for this event. I've never considered this, but what if Hope Summers is the daughter of Wanda? A residue effect from the House of M somehow.

I didn't think of that before. If this were to be true it could be that she appeared the same way that Wiccan and Speed were created. The question is, if this were to be true, why would she look like Jean? Wiccan looks like Wanda and Speed like Pietro/Magneto. What is the link between Scarlet Witch and Jean Grey?

#46 Posted by sora_thekey (8154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti: The name of the series seems to be a marketing strategy. This book will be out around the same time the Avengers movie comes out so it is smart on Marvel's part to title any book they want to sell with the name Avengers on it. Plus, even if the pivotal plot point is not the battle between the X-Men and the Avengers the story will revolve around these two corners of the Marvel Universe which will make new readers interested and regular readers a "follow-up".

#47 Posted by Volpe (81 posts) - - Show Bio

This cover is fantastic. Loving the A vs X in the background, not to mention two very interesting characters are at the forefront. My only concern is that it is written by Bendis.

#48 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I really can't decide whether to pick this event up or not!

#49 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone reckon bishop will be back to eliminate hope one last time. It would be aslo an interesting twist if either bishop or cable caused the future they are trying to prevent.

#50 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

So you got the woman who caused M-day, and you got the girl who was the first mutant born since then. Yeah this'll go well.