Rob Liefeld's BLOODSTRIKE Brings in a New Recruit

• 71 results
Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

As God is my witness, I am shocked to discover that this guy is still actively drawing comics.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

His art is not his greatest problem. His complete lack of creative talent is. The most generic "creator" in comics.

Poor lad doesn't have an ounce of creativity in his body. I know, I know ... everyone's a critic. But everything he does undermines the medium, not to mention comic fan's basic intelligence.

Sigh.

botenmaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By botenmaru

it's the clone deadpool thank you rob for being so original when you create new characters !

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If wonder if he'll get sued for alleged plagerism.

Avatar image for that_one_guy_at_the_comic_shop
that_one_guy_at_the_comic_shop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

how is liefeld still getting work?

senhordelicio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By senhordelicio

"THIS THING MUST DIE!!"

I mean, his art is AWFUL! And his storytelling... it's so embarrassing I'm hot with shame...

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a throwback. Feels like a money grab. But one could argue that Rob Liefield's character designs fueled the industry for an entire decade, and spawned copy-cats (from HIS copy-cats) for years. The industry made a lot of money off of this guy and, yes, his designs and layouts feel stale. But since nobody else is drawing like this now, it comes off as unique.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Liefeld on of the greatest

~MiB

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They got big bones O_O

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@lagozzino said:
@w0nd said:
@jorgeareizaga said:

Rob Liefeld must quit the comics world, he has no talent

what do you mean! he's the creator of deadpool...!

He's like a father who abandons his kid, the kig becomes rich and famous and the dad shows up 25 years later taking credit for it lol.

He milks that creation and fans suck on his butt, but the personality and even appearance of deadpool has changed since rob has touched him.

he conceived him and someone else raised him

I once read a quote that went something like "Show me an interesting Rob Liefeld character, and I'll show you the other creators who made them interesting"

I've got nothing against the guy, and I kinda have a soft spot for his art style, but there's no denying his creations are better off in other people's hands.

I'm gonna have to agree as well.... growing up reading comics in the 90s Liefeld was one of the biggest names along with mcfarlane,and jim lee. so when i just saw that cover it did remind of of the 90s with all the image books and of course with the new mutants and so fourth. i can't say i'm jumping on this title if i see it at my LCS, but if my pulls for the week are only a few then i might buy it.

i suppose what i said was harsh so i take it back but come on....that's clearly a redesign of other characters People get mad fun of for "fan made" character redesigns but this is okay?

No Caption Provided

You sound semi intelligent. you never heard of a Homage cover swipe??? they've been doing those for how many years? not just liefield but about i don't even know the amount of artists and companies that have ok'd them.

Let the guy do his thing.... he was big at one point which was the 90s and then people including other artists starting ridiculing him due to the fact all his art with characters were top heavy, small legs, and too many pouches across the character. it was a thing of the 90s. we want to talk about comic book art that sucks? what about the artist that does squirrel girl? i nearly vomited when i saw the preview here on CV. how about the artist that does Silk? another comic that made me stop buying and i even bought her issue #1 after that never droped a dime on that series again due to horrible art.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard Rob Liefeld draws like that because at a young age he fought a bowl of cereal and lost the use of his hands.

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

And his drawing skills are still poor....

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By w0nd

@donmeca2020 said:
@w0nd said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@lagozzino said:
@w0nd said:
@jorgeareizaga said:

He's like a father who abandons his kid, the kig becomes rich and famous and the dad shows up 25 years later taking credit for it lol.

He milks that creation and fans suck on his butt, but the personality and even appearance of deadpool has changed since rob has touched him.

I once read a quote that went something like "Show me an interesting Rob Liefeld character, and I'll show you the other creators who made them interesting"

I've got nothing against the guy, and I kinda have a soft spot for his art style, but there's no denying his creations are better off in other people's hands.

I'm gonna have to agree as well.... growing up reading comics in the 90s Liefeld was one of the biggest names along with mcfarlane,and jim lee. so when i just saw that cover it did remind of of the 90s with all the image books and of course with the new mutants and so fourth. i can't say i'm jumping on this title if i see it at my LCS, but if my pulls for the week are only a few then i might buy it.

i suppose what i said was harsh so i take it back but come on....that's clearly a redesign of other characters People get mad fun of for "fan made" character redesigns but this is okay?

No Caption Provided

You sound semi intelligent. you never heard of a Homage cover swipe??? they've been doing those for how many years? not just liefield but about i don't even know the amount of artists and companies that have ok'd them.

Let the guy do his thing.... he was big at one point which was the 90s and then people including other artists starting ridiculing him due to the fact all his art with characters were top heavy, small legs, and too many pouches across the character. it was a thing of the 90s. we want to talk about comic book art that sucks? what about the artist that does squirrel girl? i nearly vomited when i saw the preview here on CV. how about the artist that does Silk? another comic that made me stop buying and i even bought her issue #1 after that never droped a dime on that series again due to horrible art.

I've heard of homages yes, but when your character already looks like characters that exists, your homages start to look like straight up copying.

Let him do his thing? I was unaware I was stopping him. I am on a comic site, the topic came up and i replied to someone else. I don't normally quote people who say they enjoy something, and try to talk them out of it, but the person I originally responded to already thought that way, so it's not like I am offending him or his opinion....actually re reading the comments here most people seem to dislike it, and it seems kind of redundant to make a topic about it I am sure one exists out there.

Michael_Moran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people still buying his stuff, art to me can be ok if story is good and we know he isn't a good writer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This shite is everything that's wrong with comics. If you have any love or respect for the medium, then you won't buy it.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@w0nd said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@lagozzino said:
@w0nd said:
@jorgeareizaga said:

No Caption Provided

I've heard of homages yes, but when your character already looks like characters that exists, your homages start to look like straight up copying.

Let him do his thing? I was unaware I was stopping him. I am on a comic site, the topic came up and i replied to someone else. I don't normally quote people who say they enjoy something, and try to talk them out of it, but the person I originally responded to already thought that way, so it's not like I am offending him or his opinion....actually re reading the comments here most people seem to dislike it, and it seems kind of redundant to make a topic about it I am sure one exists out there.

you aren't stopping him... but your the one who's bad mouthing the poor guy on here. technically speaking every comic character is somehow a rip-off of another. you also did quote me and a few others about how can we like his stuff and how can we? everyone has their own opinion on things take it easy bro.....

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By w0nd

@donmeca2020 said:
@w0nd said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@w0nd said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@lagozzino said:
@w0nd said:
@jorgeareizaga said:

No Caption Provided

you aren't stopping him... but your the one who's bad mouthing the poor guy on here. technically speaking every comic character is somehow a rip-off of another. you also did quote me and a few others about how can we like his stuff and how can we? everyone has their own opinion on things take it easy bro.....

He's not a poor guy, he probably doesn't notice, or would even care what a bunch of nerds on here are talking about. his fan base is huge, but you are right. I am sorry Rob if you see this, I will keep my opinions to myself or in designated threads.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard Rob Liefeld draws like that because at a young age he fought a bowl of cereal and lost the use of his hands.

I don't know why I found that as funny as I did ahah

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@w0nd said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@w0nd said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@lagozzino said:
@w0nd said:
@jorgeareizaga said:

No Caption Provided

He's not a poor guy, he probably doesn't notice, or would even care what a bunch of nerds on here are talking about. his fan base is huge, but you are right. I am sorry Rob if you see this, I will keep my opinions to myself or in designated threads.

everyone is entitled to make an opinion this a free public forum now, but at the same time don't start quoting and quarreling with others and not expect a response back.... i never said the guy was one of greatest artists around, but he did have a following at one point and he was one of the guys on top back in the 90s. also whether you or anybody else likes it or not Liefeld DID CREATE DEADPOOL. he get's credit for that.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By w0nd

@donmeca2020

everyone is entitled to make an opinion this a free public forum now, but at the same time don't start quoting and quarreling with others and not expect a response back.... i never said the guy was one of greatest artists around, but he did have a following at one point and he was one of the guys on top back in the 90s. also whether you or anybody else likes it or not Liefeld DID CREATE DEADPOOL. he get's credit for that.

The only people I quoted were like minded. I made sure not to tell anyone who was praising him that they were wrong. I fully expect people to jump into the discussion though. I can't speak for everyone else though but it looks like they did the same...said their piece and kept it in the same circle.

I re read all the comments and I can barely find one that wasn't an insult. So IDK what the tell you, I wasn't quoting and quarreling with anyone. only thing I can do is back off with the rude jabs and say sorry, which I did.

4th_wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd:Wow...just...WOW!!! I don't know how to respond to blatantly ripping off your own work to that extent. He has to have just light box traced the Cable/Deadpool cover for that image.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4th_wind said:

@w0nd:Wow...just...WOW!!! I don't know how to respond to blatantly ripping off your own work to that extent. He has to have just light box traced the Cable/Deadpool cover for that image.

it makes it okay because it's his lol...it's a "homage" I'm not very fond of it. if anyone else did that they would be ridiculed

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bought the first issue, can't say you should get it.