Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@ramior said:
@kokemabb200 said:

Personally, I think he's not bad.

You think badly then, you avoid prove of his horrible personality just because he sems to you ?

Men you are a tool and you seems pretty naiv.

That's a fair retort. Insult someone that disagrees with you. You've definitely made me change my opinion.

Opinion being the operative word here. Not everyone agrees with you, if they did then he wouldn't be as successful as he is.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By kcomicfan

I am not a fan of Liefeld's art so I am go to pass

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's a fair retort. Insult someone that disagrees with you. You've definitely made me change my opinion.

When you see an insult? I just call you naiv because you persit to say then Rob is a nice guy, when they are plenty of witness for say the contrary.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By KritikalMassX

I considered to be fine with Liefeld's work...And sure, he is known for big shoulder pads and not having the ability to draw feet, but he does add some pretty good detail at times. And seriously, you can't change Liefeld's art any more than you can change the weather.

I will check this out.

justinisdrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AND NOW WE GOT BAD BLOOD

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Dredd_78
No Caption Provided

Here is Liefeld's intro page for the Enchantress in Avengers Vol 2 #1.Yes, these series are all volume 2, an early example of the beloved renumbering relaunches..

This is part of the nadir of the Image/Marvel 90's, Heroes Reborn. When Marvel contracted Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld to "revitalize" (aka Imagize) several titles by setting them in a pocket universe. Liefeld was given Avengers and Captain America to run, but he was eventually removed mid series and Lee's studio completed the contract.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm not a comic artist and would never pretend to be good enough at drawing to be one.

But I do have a job in a trade that I've had to work hard over time to learn. And if I did my job the way that Liefeld draws, I would not have my job for very long...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: They would trash talk him regardless the dude is basically the Uwe Boll of Comics

Kinda funny since Uwe Boll has a movie that several critics call a masterpiece and his non video game based movies arent that terrible.

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000

Sorry, can you cite that? I see his highest number on Rotten Tomatoes is up to 25%.

Avatar image for misternefarious
MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@materiel: I don't think so. Like it or not, He and Jim lee really had a look and character design style that basically defined marvel in the 90s.

His pouch fetish I think went a long way towards taking us from simple spandex to the more detailed, conceptually functional costumes we see in comics and movies today

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@donmeca2020 said:

I particularly don't see a problem with Liefeld's art. Not only is he THE creator of Deadpool, but i think he drew him the best.

No Caption Provided

DamoMinimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole debate inspired me to sign up to Comic Vine so I could join in! Hi Viners.

To say Rob Liefeld's art defined the '90s is kind of the point isn't it? The comics industry was in a terrible state in the 90s and a lot of the art contributed to that, including Liefelds. I HATE his art. The way he draws eyes and cheekbones and, worst of all, those mouths! Ugh! Give me his feet any day... not literally.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I see Liefeld has improved his art. He even drew feet. I may just get this.

Avatar image for crazylegscalhoun
crazylegscalhoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@eudo: Oh yeah- it's not like Jim Lee made some bad calls...

No Caption Provided

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck yeah. I have always been a big Liefeld fan. I grew up with the image boom, loved wildstorm etc.... i hate the hate he and they get.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

LIEFELD = PASS...He is not a good writer nor is he a good artist. He is a relic, just like his art has not changed from the 90's neither has his writing. The crap he writes is cliched, stereotypical, bland, and unoriginal because he still thinks he's the same hit-maker he was in the 90's. Any of you read the series he wrote a few years ago, "The Infinite," ugh a perfect example of how terrible he is. The Infinite was a cliched mess, it was like a 90's action movie the characters, the dialogue...so bad. The characters were pulled from the 90's stylistically: mohawks, shoulders pads, huge pouches, ridiculous guns...so dumb. I love Deadpool, I gave "Deadpool Corps" a chance but it was sssooo ugly, same with "Hawk & Dove."

tedbundy654321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: Sometimes, the concept of common sense kicks in because as people we know when we see steaming piles of dung, and rob Liefield is one of them. Now your preference for dung is your own business, one that is hilarious and quite sad so I hope one day you'll see the light that is known as a swift euthanization.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By westy206

When you create iconic characters you'll always have work. End of the day you should have the respect of everyone who likes your characters for if it wasn't for you creating it there wouldn't be that character.

MYadidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I look at Liefield like grindhouse movies. It is what is and just have fun with it!!! Don't expect Scott Snyderor or Brian K. Vaugn. Just you know have fun :-)

Avatar image for myfavoriteviltrumite23
MyFavoriteViltrumite23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myadidas: Honestly I see works by Felipe Smith and James Stokoe like that like I said Rob is Uwe Boll

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By donmeca2020

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: once again nipples only look good on topless women... not on the top of a comic character's head..

It's ironic all the Deadpool fanboys can't stand the way deadpool was originally intended to look and also can't give his original creator the respect he deserves... and you all call yourselves fans BAH..

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior: Dude, your english is atrocious.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is sad news.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't think Rob Liefeld's fan base is as big as the editors seem to think it is. His books crashed when he worked for DC. I personally think his work is okay, not good, not bad, okay. For me my issue is that I just feel
Deadpool is vastly over used. He was funny but since he's been over saturated I just find him slightly annoying.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll always Love Rob Liefelds Art No Matter How Time Passes. And His Is Still Influencing.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@ramior: Why wouldn't he? He has fans. People like his work. Not everything is for everyone and doesn't have to be.

^This

I don't get the hate for Liefeld, I can understand not liking his work, but he's just a dude who likes comics who wants to draw, if that's his thing then just let him do it. Don't like it? don't read and don't waste time complaining about how much you don't like something you're not reading.

It's stuff like this that makes fans with valid complaints much harder to be heard.

Meh people like to vent and complain. as long as death threats aren't being thrown around then no harm no foul, the same thing about not reading it can be applied to comments we all hate. We would easily just click past those too.

These are mild compared to some of the ones i have seen in the past, dear lord

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior said:
@kokemabb200 said:

Personally, I think he's not bad.

You think badly then, you avoid prove of his horrible personality just because he sems to you ?

Men you are a tool and you seems pretty naiv.

May I ask the proof? I am serious, he seems to get along with his fans, poses for pictures constantly takes the time to talk to them when he gets the chance.

what "Proof" is there aside from you telling us he is mean, or hearsay from other people. For every person that says he is mean, there is a fan posing with him who says otherwise. he is constantly being tagged in pictures, responding to instagram posts and what not. I posted a random picture of me in a deadpool Jersey and he liked and commented on it....

I can't say i care for HIS version of deadpool as the current one has a completely different personality than when his version was introduced, so I am not being biased at all. Someone compared him to an absent father who came back years later to take credit for their sons success.

Sommie7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why?

Rob Linfield cannot write or draw.

I know I am not the best writer but I know about how to do characterization.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Kokemabb200

@tedbundy654321: What's sad is that you believe there has to be a unilateral appreciation/disinterest in someone's art.

You not liking something is your personal prerogative, but everyone is entitled to like what they want.

DamoMinimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of Rob Liefeld's fans grew up with his art which colours their view of him. I love seeing back issues of Spider-Man with Al Milgrom's art for the same reason but I can't claim he is one of the true greats of comic book art. At least he could draw mouths properly though. :-)

ndholite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

LOL Deadpool's feet...

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people can stand Liefeld's art partly because they're so busy throwing up in their laps.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By sinikettu

@damominimus:

Liefeld should have given up "realism" ages ago and develop his 'art' into more surreal & satirical where strangely proportioned body parts wouldn't stick out... But since it's Liefeld we're talking about; any progress is just wishful thinking.

His 'art' has barely improved despite over 20 years of practice in drawing comics but I think his finally learned the art of tracing.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: Holy hell, yes. I wish he could become self-aware and not take himself seriously anymore. We'd all have some hilarious books to read if he did!

My previous 2 comments aside, I do see this cover as a small improvement for him, even if he's still strategically avoiding standing poses lol

DamoMinimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: that's a brilliant suggestion! It would work really well. Let's hope he reads these posts... hmm, on second thought maybe that isn't such a good idea. I'm beginning to feel sorry for him. Don't worry, I feel it passing already. Seriously though, the satire thing is a good idea.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ndholite said:

LOL Deadpool's feet...

It begins........

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As much as I love Deadpool, Rob's writing and artstyle isn't my cup of tea. I'll wait for a review.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Deadpool hunts down whoever stole his feet.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Why are their swords so small?

Looks like they're gonna fight the forces of evil with steak knives...

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just impressed, Liefeld drew FEET!!!

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Liefeld's art is insanely bad.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@ramior: Why wouldn't he? He has fans. People like his work. Not everything is for everyone and doesn't have to be.

^This

I don't get the hate for Liefeld, I can understand not liking his work, but he's just a dude who likes comics who wants to draw, if that's his thing then just let him do it. Don't like it? don't read and don't waste time complaining about how much you don't like something you're not reading.

It's stuff like this that makes fans with valid complaints much harder to be heard.

Problem being, he's not just a dude who likes comics and wants to draw. You're accrediting him with a humility he's never owned. It's the public persona, more so than his body of work, that folks like to hate on. He's just acted out way too much and his reputation for being a grade A @$$ hat in the industry precedes him.

Insofar as his creativity goes, his style remains locked in the 90's. He's generic and basic in all else. Personally, creatively I don't mind him overly much, but there are relatively unknown names and talent out there far more deserving of the spotlight than Liefeld. It is what it is.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eudo:

In the end, he is famous for creating some character, fine, some publisher wants to make money out if his fame because of the upcoming Daedpool movie, fine again, you're a fan, you're going to buy this, very fine, but please don't say he actually "earned" his place.

He created Deadpool ... one of the most popular and recognizable comic book icons at present. So, he has kind of earned a place in the comic book hall of fame. For that fact alone, if for nothing else.

And while his penciling is, um, "unique", saying he can't draw is extreme. The dude can draw comic books. It's not anywhere near my top 20, but he can draw.