Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Press Release

No Caption Provided

Comics legend Rob Liefeld returns to Marvel alongside fan-favorite X-Men ’92 writers Chris Sims & Chad Bowersfor an explosive new adventure starring the Merc With a Mouth. Today, Marvel is pleased to Deadpool: Bad Blood – the newest Original Graphic Novel hitting stores worldwide next year! Debuting in a high-end, oversized format, Deadpool: Bad Blood marks another thrilling entry into Marvel’s growing Original Graphic Novel line.

Shooting, stabbing and otherwise annoying his way across the Marvel Universe has made Deadpool scores of enemies over the years. Even though his sordid past contains countless unfriendly faces, there is one he can’t quite place. A brutal new foe known only as Thumper. Outgunned, outmatched, and outclassed by this new foe, Wade’s gotten his rear end handed to him on more than one occasion. But who is Thumper? And what is Deadpool’s past connection to this powerful new baddie?

“The idea that you can tell one consecutive story un-interrupted is unique nowadays,” says Rob Liefeld, discussing his upcoming OGN with ComicBook.com. “No single issue breaks and cliff hangers allow for greater momentum building the tale. The format has tremendous storytelling opportunities. I’m having a blast as are Chad and Chris.”

Wade’s journey to uncover the truth and escape Thumper’s crosshairs will take him across the Marvel Universe and into the path of many familiar faces. Cable! Domino! Shatterstar! Star-Lord! And more! Blood will be shed. Old scores will be settled. Deadly twists and turns await as Wade Wilson faces one of his greatest challenges yet. Be there for the fireworks as Liefeld, Sims and Bowers bring you Deadpool: Bad Blood in 2016!

DEADPOOL: BAD BLOOD OGN

Written by ROB LIEFELD, CHRIS SIMS & CHAD BOWERS

Art & Cover by ROB LIEFELD

On Sale in 2016!

ShockTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now we got BAD BLOOD!

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ramior

Why this guy still get work ?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@ramior: Why wouldn't he? He has fans. People like his work. Not everything is for everyone and doesn't have to be.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Is this bad blood title gonna be a thing now??

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad Blood has been used as a title numerous times. From films, to books to WWE events. It's not suddenly being used after the Swift song.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

Are we going to get any 4th wall jokes from Deadpool about his feet?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@g_man said:

@ramior: Why wouldn't he? He has fans. People like his work. Not everything is for everyone and doesn't have to be.

^This

I don't get the hate for Liefeld, I can understand not liking his work, but he's just a dude who likes comics who wants to draw, if that's his thing then just let him do it. Don't like it? don't read and don't waste time complaining about how much you don't like something you're not reading.

It's stuff like this that makes fans with valid complaints much harder to be heard.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Maybe he's got a different inker than usual, but I find that Liefeld's art looks a bit different than normal. Dare I say, its looks better than normal.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

@dondave said:
@the_stegman said:

Bad Blood has been used as a title numerous times. From films, to books to WWE events. It's not suddenly being used after the Swift song.

But is it going to be a thing NOW? Was my question, not "Is it gonna be a thing cause of Taylor Swift"

HempKnight757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: But Tony his draws Captain America with breasts. And he can't draw feet. What is your favorite book by him?

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm usually a big Deadpool fan,but I can prolly justify skipping this

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

^This

I don't get the hate for Liefeld, I can understand not liking his work, but he's just a dude who likes comics who wants to draw, if that's his thing then just let him do it. Don't like it? don't read and don't waste time complaining about how much you don't like something you're not reading.

It's stuff like this that makes fans with valid complaints much harder to be heard.

I particularly don't see a problem with Liefeld's art. Not only is he THE creator of Deadpool, but i think he drew him the best. he doesn't have that little nipple hanging off the top of his mask. sure he drew most male characters massively top heavy and tiny lower bodies and his women drawing were always model like top large, tiny waist and big asses. I think people forget that this is comic book art and not museum art pieces.....

I'm sure the people whining about his art are probably fans of the art from Squirrel girl, web warriors mini series, and the last silk series....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are their swords so small?

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

why is Deadpool's head bigger than his body?

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

^This

I don't get the hate for Liefeld.

Because not only he can't draw but aslo despite his friendly personality he is a douche who not taking account of its commitment (lot of witness from is ancient coworker.) , he is homophobic (is reaction to Shatterstar homosexuality.) and he is a violent asshole who is proud of it : http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-asylum/rob-liefeld-admits-abusing-employee-while-boy-watches-t32821.html

And the fact then this kind of person have a job and plus have support make me realise how pitifull humanity his.

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comics legend Rob Liefeld. That's a -bit- subjective.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior: i heard he was real a**hole who can't draw for sh*t when i was at my comic book store.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

@dondave: 'Bad Blood' as a song actually goes back to a 70's song by Neil Sedaka and Elton John.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait until some progressive at Marvel starts trash talking about the fact Liefield doesnt like them.

zackisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zackisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zackisme
Avatar image for myfavoriteviltrumite23
MyFavoriteViltrumite23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: They would trash talk him regardless the dude is basically the Uwe Boll of Comics

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want x-men

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone in the comments is arguing about Rob's drawing skills and I'm just sitting here going "Thumper?"

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KingWillie

I understand the Leifield hate... because he's genuinely bad. There's tons of amateurs who are leagues better than him, yet his stuck in the 90's ass is still kickin.

Like, even just looking at the cover, it just looks... wonky...

Avatar image for myfavoriteviltrumite23
MyFavoriteViltrumite23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand the Leifield hate... because he's genuinely bad. There's tons of amateurs who are leagues better than him, yet his stuck in the 90's ass is still kickin.

Like, even just looking at the cover, it just looks... wonky...

Like how the hell does he still have a job

justinisdrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too Liefeld. no buy.

Avatar image for originalalchemist
originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone think Gwenpool will show up in this OGN?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my biggest problem with Liefeld is that all of his "original" characters are visual rip-offs of his own damn characters....like he draws one character and then slightly changes that design and makes a completely new character out of it

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Are we going to get any 4th wall jokes from Deadpool about his feet?

Lol, I would hope for this too.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we need a deadpool animated movie.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@g_man said:

^This

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much of a fan Liefeld's artwork (I do respect him as an artist though) but I do gotta say, the artwork on this cover looks pretty good in my opinion.

lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: Read damn it :

@ramior said:
@captainmarvel4ever said:

@g_man said:

^This

I don't get the hate for Liefeld.

Because not only he can't draw but aslo despite his friendly personality he is a douche who not taking account of its commitment (lot of witness from is ancient coworker.) , he is homophobic (is reaction to Shatterstar homosexuality.) and he is a violent asshole who is proud of it : http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-asylum/rob-liefeld-admits-abusing-employee-while-boy-watches-t32821.html

And the fact then this kind of person have a job and plus have support make me realise how pitifull humanity his.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@g_man said:

^This

But it extends beyond just not personally liking his art, This guy can't draw actual human beings. What people get annoyed over is the fact that he gets the amount of work he does despite the fact that he is objectively a terrible artist.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kokemabb200

@ramior:@captainmarvel4ever: @g_manThis is about comics right?

His political stance means nothing to me, people are allowed to have their own opinions.

I have no first hand knowledge of any rudeness or douche behavior from the man. The only footage and fan interactions I've seen from him have been cordial, so if he has personally offended someone I'm sure that's between him and them.

Him hitting one guy seems like a stretch to justify "hating" the man, and again this seems like an isolated instance. He doesn't have a history of violence so you shouldn't base your evaluation of his character on the few missteps.

He is also the reason half the X-Men roster even exists! His art style seems dated because it dominated the market for a decade and he is the face of what the 90s was.

I'm mostly indifferent to him (as I am with most creators), his art style isn't my favorite but it certainly isn't the worst out there, and I'd say it's far from bad. It's fun to point out the failings in his illustrations but the man is undoubtedly skilled and far from amateurish as someone here had stated.

He seems like a decent person, he's a bit cocky but no more so than someone like Bendis or Quesada.

The man earned his notoriety and position. You can not be a fan of his work. Not everything appeals to everyone. But that's why you pay for what you do like. I think the justification for hating him is flimsy at best. And the notion that his having a job is indicative of "how pitiful humanity is" is laughable. It'd be best to tone down the dramatics a few notches. We live in a world where people kill each other over skin color and rape children for fun, but if a man living his dream is what disillusions you about humanity then you have an entirely different set of problems of your own.

Anyway, everyone is free to make judgements for themselves.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: The guy is a douche and can't draw, the fact he have fan just prove are stupid humanity can't be.

This guy don't deserve having a job in the industric and any respect fr is job.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kokemabb200

@ramior said:

@kokemabb200: The guy is a douche and can't draw, the fact he have fan just prove are stupid humanity can't be.

This guy don't deserve having a job in the industric and any respect fr is job.

Sorry, maybe you're Jim Lee or Alex Ross and your art stands so far above everyone else's that you don't see any merit in his work, but as I said before, I personally think he isn't bad. I'd love to see your own work.

Have you met the man before? Because asserting someone is a douche when you have no personal history with them seems a bit curious, especially when the only real backing behind the "he's a douche" narrative is that he hit a guy once.

And like I said before, behind Claremont and Stan Lee there is no other creator as influential to the X-Men as him. He has fans because the stuff he was producing was flying off shelves at an unprecedented rate, so that means a large population liked what he was putting forward. And that is more than enough validation for why he has a job.

If a man being able to do what makes him happy, and having his passion be able to provide for himself and family makes you angry and proves humanity is stupid then you have a very different definition of "stupid" than I.

You obviously have a personal prejudice against him and that's your prerogative. I'm not saying like the man or buy his work, just like he is free to his opinions, so are you.

All I have to say is, I don't understand the hate. He is a talented and passionate worker who has earned everything he has gotten, and I may not be a fan, but I respect everything he has accomplished.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: Do you read aboot this guy, the fact is hurt one of this employe, the fact he don't respect is contrat and his horribile artwork.

He don't deserve any respect and the fact "his passionate" don't change annything.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior said:

@kokemabb200: Do you read aboot this guy, the fact is hurt one of this employe, the fact he don't respect is contrat and his horribile artwork.

He don't deserve any respect and the fact "his passionate" don't change annything.

One, if you're going to dry to discredit someone on the quality of their work at least polish off your writing before submitting it.

Secondly, you're free to your opinion. You don't have to justify anything by me. You think he's crap and you have every right to maintain that opinion.

Personally, I think he's not bad. I think he has flaws in his art and writing but so do most creators. He's just a human, I don't expect him to be perfect. I'll be picking this up when it comes out, and you won't. That's fine! Because the world will still keep turning and there will be other comics being published.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Welp, in all honesty I feel like he has gotten a fair amount better since his beginnings, so...there's something for him here.

Eudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The man earned his notoriety and position. You can not be a fan of his work. Not everything appeals to everyone. But that's why you pay for what you do like. I think the justification for hating him is flimsy at best. And the notion that his having a job is indicative of "how pitiful humanity is" is laughable. It'd be best to tone down the dramatics a few notches. We live in a world where people kill each other over skin color and rape children for fun, but if a man living his dream is what disillusions you about humanity then you have an entirely different set of problems of your own.

Anyway, everyone is free to make judgements for themselves.

Man, did you really write that he "EARNED" his notoriety and position ?! Wow. The guy can't draw. Rob Liefeld can't draw, and contrary to what you said above, I don't think one needs to be Jim Lee to notice it and/or to have an opinion about how bad is his work. I'm not sure his portfolio would be noticed if he was in the position to present his work. And the funny thing is : Jim Lee's art is debatable too.

Alex Ross is something different since he actually studied from nature.

But come on, you're playing Mister Fair while you're defending business spirit at its worst. Liefeld has a job, that should not be that way since he is an horrendous penciller, just try to see some online portfolios, and you'll see that some people actually have talent, they just don't have his notoriety. Same goes with what G-Man said "He has fans". Wow that's great, so he could sh*t in a box, spit on it, put everything in a bag, and purposely sh*tting his art, it would still legitimiate his situation because... "he has fans" .... ... This is the definition of "business has no rules of excellency whatsoever, just the rule of it sells or does not"

In the end, he is famous for creating some character, fine, some publisher wants to make money out if his fame because of the upcoming Daedpool movie, fine again, you're a fan, you're going to buy this, very fine, but please don't say he actually "earned" his place.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we got BAD BLOOD!

Now I just want a Deadpool/Katy Perry Variant.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's a stupid ti... oh, Rob Liefed.

@donmeca2020: I too despise the mask nipple.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Is Taylor Swift making a guest appearance?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@medulaoblaganda:

Did you ever see Hulk vs Wolverine? That was excellent and Deadpool had a lot of time in that movie. Good lines and great voice acting. That'll be the standard I hold Ryan Reynolds to when that movie comes out.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe that Liefeld still finds company stupid enough to hire him an that company is Marvel... the company from which he and several others left doors banging and bridges burning back in the 90's.

Proves that some people have really strange fetishes; some get sexually aroused from eating shit and some like to buy Liefeld's "art".