Posted by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio

The action's been heating up in the pages of UNCANNY AVENGERS. If you haven't been reading, you might want to reconsider. Rick Remender is currently being joined with Daniel Acuña as the two prepare the next major threat for the Uncanny Avengers team.

Marvel has released a first look at issue 8 which is in stores next month.

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Uncanny Avengers #8, from the critically acclaimed creative team of writer Rick Remender and artist Daniel Acuña! As burning shards of the Peak Station plummet to earth, the Marvel Universe enters Ragnarök! Now comes retribution for Thor’s rash action in the past—the God-slaying axe, Jarnbjorn, has returned in the hands of the Apocalypse Twins! What devastation awaits in the aftermath of the Apocalypse Twins’ brutality and their assassination of a Celestial? It is a fate so shattering that the Marvel Universe will quake to its very core. Not even the Uncanny Avengers can prevent the onslaught of Ragnarök!

This May, Rick Remender & Daniel Acuña herald the entry of Ragnarök in Uncanny Avengers #8!

UNCANNY AVENGERS #8 (MAR130609)

Written by RICK REMENDER

Art & Cover by DANIEL ACUÑA

Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

FOC- 04/15/13 On-Sale – 05/08/13

Staff
#1 Edited by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait! So happy Remender is continuing the Dark Angel Saga!

#2 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be awesome : )

#3 Posted by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232: THis has definitely picked up big time from the first few issues. I do hope people are checking it out.

Staff
#5 Edited by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't Thor fight Apocalypse in issue 9?

#7 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

man, do I love Acuna's art!

yeah, the first arc may have been a bit slow and obligatory (though I did still enjoy it), but issues 5 and 6 were both great. Really getting into this book now.

#8 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

i do love me some acuna art!

#9 Posted by butters911 (258 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232 said:

I can't wait! So happy Remender is continuing the Dark Angel Saga!

Plus adding the Wasp makes this book instant win

#10 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232 said:

I can't wait! So happy Remender is continuing the Dark Angel Saga!

Plus adding the Wasp makes this book instant win

Agreed it's a win/win situation

#11 Edited by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

Uriel got big as hell

#12 Posted by dondave (35990 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks Nice

#13 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused. I was expecting Rangarok the evil Thor robot duplicate. This looks like some event only mildly related to Thor.

#14 Posted by Dernman (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

Rangarok is one of the most over used things when dealing with anything Thor.

Online
#15 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

man, do I love Acuna's art!

yeah, the first arc may have been a bit slow and obligatory (though I did still enjoy it), but issues 5 and 6 were both great. Really getting into this book now.

Issues #5 & 6 were solid issues, I concur! Better reads than a lot of other MN stuff I've read.

#16 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man: I totally agree, the series started poorly, but has went up in quality, which I'm happy about and this next story looks even better.

#17 Posted by Porcupeth (13 posts) - - Show Bio

issues 3 and 4 were the best. 5 and 6 were a decline and i don't expect it to go back up to that level of quality.

but what are you gonna do, this is what people want, otherwise the issues don't even get reviewed *cough*

sigh.

#18 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man: seems like I need to mayne

#19 Posted by csguterres (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Rangarok is one of the most over used things when dealing with anything Thor.

Yeah, I remember a few years ago, they played straight with the Ragnarok concept on Thor comics. The main villains were "Those Who Sit Above in Shadow", and it was revealed that the Thor we know is not the first Thor, and "our" Asgard is not the first Asgard. Countless Asgards had been destroyed before in other Ragnaroks. It was an endless cycle created by Those Who Sit Above in Shadow, who drawed energy from the deaths. Then our Thor, who had something different from all the others (the uniqueness of experience among humans) was able to finally put an end on the Ragnaroks. Why I am talking about that? Because it was the best Thor story I have ever read.

#20 Edited by thanobomb1124 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good.

#21 Edited by JakeN7 (11533 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man said:

@broo1232: THis has definitely picked up big time from the first few issues. I do hope people are checking it out.

I've actually been meaning to ask about that. I've been reading the book since issue one and I never really found it's quality to be less than above average. I just thought that the first four issues acted as part of a larger, more cohesive narrative, and they just didn't stand on their own very well. Do you think the first few issues would've been more well received if the series wasn't initially plagued by such a godawful delay-ridden shipping schedule?

Online
#22 Posted by Perfect 10 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

the children of apocolypse. so cool! and sunfire is BACK

#23 Posted by Dernman (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Rangarok is one of the most over used things when dealing with anything Thor.

Yeah, I remember a few years ago, they played straight with the Ragnarok concept on Thor comics. The main villains were "Those Who Sit Above in Shadow", and it was revealed that the Thor we know is not the first Thor, and "our" Asgard is not the first Asgard. Countless Asgards had been destroyed before in other Ragnaroks. It was an endless cycle created by Those Who Sit Above in Shadow, who drawed energy from the deaths. Then our Thor, who had something different from all the others (the uniqueness of experience among humans) was able to finally put an end on the Ragnaroks. Why I am talking about that? Because it was the best Thor story I have ever read.

I missed most of that story. I was taking a break during that time. I wish they wouldn't use it so much. It seems every time a crisis happens that's Ragarok. Even now after that story where in it he put an and to the cycle of ragnorok we are still hearing it over and over. Too me because they keep overusing it it took away from the power the word had.

Online
#24 Edited by DATNIGGA (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Rangarok is one of the most over used things when dealing with anything Thor.

Yeah, I remember a few years ago, they played straight with the Ragnarok concept on Thor comics. The main villains were "Those Who Sit Above in Shadow", and it was revealed that the Thor we know is not the first Thor, and "our" Asgard is not the first Asgard. Countless Asgards had been destroyed before in other Ragnaroks. It was an endless cycle created by Those Who Sit Above in Shadow, who drawed energy from the deaths. Then our Thor, who had something different from all the others (the uniqueness of experience among humans) was able to finally put an end on the Ragnaroks. Why I am talking about that? Because it was the best Thor story I have ever read.

I loved that comic it was so epic

#25 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@g_man said:

@broo1232: THis has definitely picked up big time from the first few issues. I do hope people are checking it out.

I've actually been meaning to ask about that. I've been reading the book since issue one and I never really found it's quality to be less than above average. I just thought that the first four issues acted as part of a larger, more cohesive narrative, and they just didn't stand on their own very well. Do you think the first few issues would've been more well received if the series wasn't initially plagued by such a godawful delay-ridden shipping schedule?

It would have been better and a more cohesive read with a proper shipping schedule (that was ridiculous)as I had to re-read issues 1 and 2 when 3 came out to remember what had happened. the first story arc was good when read all in one so if the book had kept a monthly shipping schedule a lot of people wouldn't have dropped it because the shipping schedule was atrocious and I didn't like having to re-read all the issues over again.

#26 Posted by JakeN7 (11533 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232 said:

@jaken7 said:

@g_man said:

@broo1232: THis has definitely picked up big time from the first few issues. I do hope people are checking it out.

I've actually been meaning to ask about that. I've been reading the book since issue one and I never really found it's quality to be less than above average. I just thought that the first four issues acted as part of a larger, more cohesive narrative, and they just didn't stand on their own very well. Do you think the first few issues would've been more well received if the series wasn't initially plagued by such a godawful delay-ridden shipping schedule?

It would have been better and a more cohesive read with a proper shipping schedule (that was ridiculous)as I had to re-read issues 1 and 2 when 3 came out to remember what had happened. the first story arc was good when read all in one so if the book had kept a monthly shipping schedule a lot of people wouldn't have dropped it because the shipping schedule was atrocious and I didn't like having to re-read all the issues over again.

Agreed. I'm sure the first arc will read much better in trade format for the folks that waited for it. I'm glad it's finally on track now though...

Online
#27 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@broo1232 said:

@jaken7 said:

@g_man said:

@broo1232: THis has definitely picked up big time from the first few issues. I do hope people are checking it out.

I've actually been meaning to ask about that. I've been reading the book since issue one and I never really found it's quality to be less than above average. I just thought that the first four issues acted as part of a larger, more cohesive narrative, and they just didn't stand on their own very well. Do you think the first few issues would've been more well received if the series wasn't initially plagued by such a godawful delay-ridden shipping schedule?

It would have been better and a more cohesive read with a proper shipping schedule (that was ridiculous)as I had to re-read issues 1 and 2 when 3 came out to remember what had happened. the first story arc was good when read all in one so if the book had kept a monthly shipping schedule a lot of people wouldn't have dropped it because the shipping schedule was atrocious and I didn't like having to re-read all the issues over again.

Agreed. I'm sure the first arc will read much better in trade format for the folks that waited for it. I'm glad it's finally on track now though...

I am too I'm sure it will read better as a whole. (it does I've read the whole thing through)

#28 Posted by tombrake60 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah they destroyed a celestial? How the hell did they do that can anyone reply please.

#29 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@tombrake60: Uncanny Avengers #6 Thor's axe was imbued by energy to cut through celestial armor.

#30 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that looks great! So psyched for it :)