QUANTUM AND WOODY #1 Preview - Now With More KLANG

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Valiant has been pumping out great comics with each of their series relaunches. Looks like they plan on continuing their track record with the upcoming QUANTUM AND WOODY due in stores this July. You won't want to miss this one so be sure to let your comic shop know you want this added to your pull list.

Valiant has released a new preview for the first issue. It gives you an idea what one of the characters, Woody, is all about.

No Caption Provided

Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of Quantum and Woody #1 – the FIRST ISSUE of an all-new ongoing series by fan favorite writer James Asmus (Thief of Thieves, Gambit, The End Times of Bram & Ben) and acclaimed artist Tom Fowler (Venom, Hulk: Season One)!

Once upon a time, Eric and Woody Henderson were inseparable. Adopted brothers. Best friends. Brilliant minds. Years later, they are estranged siblings, petty rivals, and washed-up failures. But when their father’s murder leads them into the throes of a life-altering scientific accident, Eric and Woody will find themselves with a whole new purpose – and a perfectly legitimate reason to wear costumes and fight crime. Go big or go home, folks! Quantum and Woody are coming! And the action-packed, zeitgeist-shredding exploitation stunt comic you demanded is here at last.

On July 10th, start reading here to witness the accidental origin and ill-advised rise of the world's worst superhero team – only in Quantum and Woody #1! (And, yes, there will be a goat too. Eventually.)

For more information on Quantum and Woody and the rest of the Valiant Universe, visit Valiant onFacebook, on Twitter and at ValiantUniverse.com.

QUANTUM AND WOODY #1

Written by JAMES ASMUS

Art by TOM FOWLER

Cover by RYAN SOOK (MAY131302)

Pullbox Exclusive Variant by MARCOS MARTIN (MAY131303)

Variant Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON (MAY131304)

QR Voice Variant by TOM FOWLER (MAY131305)

#3.99/T+/32 pgs.

ON SALE 7/10/13 (FOC – 6/17/13)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

cool

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Oh Valiant, why you so good?

Bobzenub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#4  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Looks cool

DadaHyena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I missed out on Quantum and Woody the first time around, so this looks like a great jumping off (returning?) point.

Bonus points for the 'peeing in the tub'. Revolting and hilarious.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wish Quantum would've kept his cape.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7 inferiorego  Staff
jaybefre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've piqued my interest. Definitely going to check this out. Valiant has yet to let me down.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

That's rhetorical, right?

Nope I wanna know how all there books are brilliant yet DC/Marvel fail with so many of theirs

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kid Apollo

FINALLY someone else that pees in the bath tub!!!

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Howard_Go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Howard_Go

@kid_apollo: I pee in the bathtub every morning bro the same way he does actually haha

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The first preview wasn't spectacular, but this is great. Definitely going to pick this series up.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I really need a bathtub now.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, James Asmus?! The same writer of Gambit series? Nice. And I have never heard of Quantum And Woody. Are they completely brand new characters? *Searching them at other site* Ah I see. They actually ran only 32 issues from 1997 to 2000 so, technically, they're not really new and didn't last long. So should I pick this all-new series up or not? No idea. Gotta wait and see how it goes.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sparty-dbq

Shoulda called that dumbass waitress' bluff, Eric. Who are the cops more likely to get pissed at? The idiot boyfriend who faked a felony in front a diner full of strangers for shits and giggles, or the cop(?) who reacted instinctively to the situation?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gosh I'm so psyched for this. Its gonna be great!

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Not totally sold on this creative team yet. But whether it is a keeper or not, it certainly doesn't seem like a waist of money, so I'll definitely give it a chance. I just don't know which of the amazing covers to get.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cannot wait for thiiiissssss!

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Nope I wanna know how all there books are brilliant yet DC/Marvel fail with so many of theirs

Because the artists and writers want to be there to create art and/or write a great story. They are not there for the money and "fame". Thus, you get more bang for your buck. See any recent, or original, Valiant comic for resource.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@inferiorego said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Because the artists and writers want to be there to create art and/or write a great story. They are not there for the money and "fame". Thus, you get more bang for your buck. See any recent, or original, Valiant comic for resource.

Exactly it just feels like the people at Valiant genuinely love comics and are determined to do great with whatever they're creating.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@project_worm: I just got my original Shadowman #1 signed by Jim Shooter, the man who started Valiant. I asked him why Valiant's characters and stories were so unique. He told me that when he left Marvel, he wanted to start a company that had the same universal feel to it. He also told me that at the time Valiant was starting it didn't, obviously, have the power that Marvel, or even DC, had; and he didn't have the artists that Top Cow and Image had; so all he had to provide was better stories. He said that Marvel was too complex at times, that Image/Top Cow was all art oriented, and that DC was bland godlike writing; he wanted to have something with much more than any of those.

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

FINALLY someone else that pees in the bath tub!!!

Then you're missing out on the enjoyment of using your pee stream to slice through your poop.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amutant: thats graphic and kind of ingenious