User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

X-O MANOWAR #42

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI

Art by RAFA SANDOVAL

Cover A by RAFA SANDOVAL (SEP151670)

Cover B by STEVE LIEBER (SEP151671)

Variant Cover by AL BARRIONUEVO (SEP151672)

“EXODUS”…excised!

As the Vine make a desperate, final stand against G.A.T.E. for a rightful home, only Aric of Dacia can bring peace. But X-O Manowar’s fed up with being manipulated… and makes a decision that will change Earth forever. New York Times best-selling writer Robert Venditti (BOOK OF DEATH) and red-hot artist Rafa Sandoval (X-Men: Legacy) bring you the heartbreaking finale of “EXODUS”!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I kind of regret dropping this.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I love this book so much. It is always one of my most anticipated reads. The art in this issue looks especially breathtaking.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

said:

I love this book so much. It is always one of my most anticipated reads. The art in this issue looks especially breathtaking.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love not knowing how this is resolved.

naked_snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bought the first four issues of X-O from my local shop the other day.
I liked them a lot but it will be a while before I catch up to issue #42.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dman1366

@naked_snake: but it will be so much fun. I know I am completely biased, but anything from Valiant is nothing short than amazing.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

@naked_snake: but it will be so much fun. I know I am completely biased, but anything from Valiant is nothing short than amazing.

QQ: I have been hearing shadowman fell off, read the first three trades and saw bits of the fourth, it is actually pretty good. Is it the small spin off?

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm constantly shocked that more people don't read valiant. My comic shop is orders only for all singles and a couple trades on the shelf. I read every title in the universe and can easily say they are some of the best all around books I have ever read...and I have been reading comics for 30 years. X-O continues to shine as the flagship book as well.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art in this story is breathtaking and huge on scale. I was hoping that Sandoval was going to stay in the book for the next story arc, his art is so good and I want to see him draw Ninjak more often. I am sure Robert Gill will not dissapoint though.

naked_snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: next time I'm in the shop I'm going to grab a few more issues. I also agree about Valiant comics being great. I've bought a few now (bloodshot reborn, the valiant, eternal warrior) and everything has been pretty awesome.

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

In my opinion, the Valiant universe is what DC Comics and Marvel Comics wish they could be. Right now DC is a total flipping mess. And Marvel is heading that way quickly. That's not to say there aren't bright points with DC and Marvel. Grayson, Sinestro, and Justice League are amazing month to month in terms of art and story. Marvel finally got an event series right with Secret Wars and has some relatively new books that I believe will continue to be good (Vision, Astonishing Ant Man, and Ms Marvel). The difference between these titles and the rest of the pack is how well they are able to play in their own sand box, while occasionally interacting with other related sand boxes.

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that Valiant doesn't do better makes me wonder how much folks are buying comics for any other reason than to "collect the character". There will be 200 copies of some terrible X-title or Avenge-title on the shelf that people will devour, along with its garbage writing and canned art. At the same time there will be 1 copy of Ninjak (which is freaking awesome) because its not "nostalgic". The only thing outside of Marvel and DC that kills it is... Walking Dead. What does it have going for it? Mass market appeal through other genres.

Ultimately Valiant will never be able to get past the fact that their comics are really "Super Hero Comics in a shared universe... for adults/mature readers" (because its part of the core of why their products are so good). Movies will help, as would television shows and other forms of media pushes, but at this point I'm just happy that they have been able to sustain this long.

I am never disappointed in my Valiant pulls, and I pull them all (its 9 a month). That's on top of my heavy Marvel reading, Image footprint, and even the few DC books I read. At a point where I spend on average $50 (with discount) on new books a week, the Valiant ones are the only ones that never, ever, disappoint me...

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevaliant: opinion

facts, however, dictate that valiant is almost worthless

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheValiant

@thevaliant: opinion

facts, however, dictate that valiant is almost worthless

Not sure you understand what a "fact" is... At least you got "opinion" right!

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevaliant: care to name 3 box office successes that come from valiant? or a cartoon that a valiant character has? or a valiant video game?