Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

WONDER WOMAN #41

(W) Meredith Finch (A/CA) David Finch, Jonathan Glapion

A daring new direction begins with the arrival of a brand-new villain! But while he may be new to us, he's not new to the world he seeks to tame. And speaking of villains, Donna Troy's quest to destroy Wonder Woman ratchets up another gear (if that's even possible!), while the games of the Gods bring dark portents to the ultimate Amazon!

Item Code: APR150244 In Shops: 6/17/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

sonofodin25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sonofodin25

Gods, I hate New 52 Donna Troy

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Gods, I hate New 52 Donna Troy

Maybe she now will be like Titans Donna Troy since she free from Derinoe. Also that dress is really short, it looks alike towel in my oppinion.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Joker cover is sexist btw, he is doing villainous things, while invoking the memories of when she and Clark almost died from a nuke.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dondave

That Joker cover is sexist btw, he is doing villainous things, while invoking the memories of when she and Clark almost died from a nuke.

lol

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Didn't care for the first arc. Might check this out

~MiB

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mark_Stephen

So Donna gets to be a former evil killer and walk the redemption route and her victims are forgotten. I've seen it before and I'll see it again, comic book writers are caught in a loop where they cast a hero or heroine as bad, then redeem them. Originality = zero. Poor Donna though, to come crashing down from mainstay of the Teen Titans to sadistic murderess. Why the writers can think of no other way to make her interesting is a puzzle to me. Then again the rest of the amazon's are murderes and rapist so she pretty much fits right in.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will the male Amazons ever be revived? I mean, they could've easily turned a male amazon into a protege for Diana or made one of them their own interesting character. I mean.. what a waste tbh.

Either way, I still have some hope for this. Eh, screw it. It's WW. I'll buy her ongoing either way.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I wish I could think about it, but I don't have the money to use up on storylines that treat my old favorites like this.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Golden Cod

@mark_stephen: DC seems intent on making the Teen Titans semi-villainous. Bart Allen is actually a future revolutionary who betrayed his cause and compatriots to save his sister, Cassie Sandsmark is a former thief wearing cursed armor, while Raven is implied to be manipulating the Teen Titans.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Kidd  Online

This looks as uninteresting as the previous arc at least its consistent.

@golden_cod: as well as Superboy and Tim who was being affected by Trigon but that plot point just vanished.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TRIGGEREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

sonofodin25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC has completely destroyed the Teen Titans

Cyborg - Moved to Justice League

Starfire - The Red Hood's bitch, Sex Appeal for 12 year old boys & 40 year old virgins

Nightwing - Never met any of the Teen Titans

Donna Troy - EVIL !!!!

Speedy - Was barley even GA's sidekick and just runs around with The Red Hood

Aqualad - Doesn't Exist

Beast Boy - Red

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@sonofodin25: Aqualad totally exists also Beast Boy hasn't been red in over a year

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonofodin25: Correction

Starfire - Never had anything with Red Hood just Nightwing and Arsenal

Nightwing actually knows both Arsenal and Starfire before the Outlaws

Garth exists because he has been mentioned several time but will debut in next Aquaman´s issue

Beast Boy is now green (but did you know he was purple when he first appear on comics?)

Sure Lilith and Jericho are kind evil now and Kole didnt yet appeared and Donna Troy will be neutral for a while but she was only evil due to Derinoe´s believes

But you still can have Titans.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So are we going to ignore the fact her costume hasn't change? Also I hate what has become of my favorite Titan, but at least Wonder Woman is finally showing some improvement.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17 judasnixon  Online
No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well aside from people complaining about a characters story when it's at the very beginning (par for the course with comicbook fans)....I've really been enjoying Wonder Woman as a title and am hoping that by this time next year (once the new cast and characters have built momentum) that we get to see a spin off title added to the Wonder Woman Umbrella.

A Donna Troy solo, where she becomes the kinder gentler character would be great and another title would give us the chance to explore other things in the mythos. Like Wonder Girls dad...who's head was still on a mantle last we saw.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@koays: Her story isn't at the very beginning, Wonder Girl has been around a very long time. If they want to show us a new character then they should show us a new character, not a dipped in the mud retread that stomps on everyone who enjoyed reading Donna back when she was A) a nice person and B) not a murderess.

Diana's wrong, those murders do define Donna for the rest of her life, just as the murders and rapes that the amazons committed define them. Dismissing the victims doesn't make them go away, even if they are nameless faceless non-player characters put there to die by writers who can't seem to think of amazons as anything other than savage murderers. Right now Donna is in a prison cell and is miserable. That in a way is the only justice her victims are going to know. But in a few issues she'll be out, do some good deeds and then she'll start a new life, she'll be happy and that isn't justice because she'll be enjoying the very things that by her actions she denied to her victims. Oh she'll feel bad sometimes when she remembers them, but she'll be free to laugh, travel, eat, drink; in short Donna will enjoy the very thing that her victims will never enjoy: Life. And in time she won't think of them or what she did unless she's forced too and then her next thought (and the thought of her supporters) will be: "But I've done so much good since then." and that'll be it. So I guess her victims if they can should enjoy her current fate, I doubt it'll last that long.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: You clearly realize that in this situation anything they do to introduce her is a retread that will be automatically compared to the previous rendition of the character. So I don't get how you don't see how impossible it is give you what you ask for without giving you exactly the same Donna as before. They're running the risk of making a character very relevant by putting her on full display as a major player opposite Wonder Woman in her title because if they go the kinder gentler route the character could be reduced to a legacy character only brought back to pander to fans of the older version...in which case people would still be complaining except for a lack of innovation.

Regardless, the character is freshly introduced and to complain about her being a murderer/not a nice person when she's been around for a handful of pgs in one arc isn't fair. We're on page one of New 52 Donna's story and she isn't even clearly defined but you've made up your mind that you don't like her when really if someone were to say they didn't like the the previous incarnation of Donna Troy because the first page of her journey looks like someone reprinted 4 pgs on the same sheet of paper...well you as a fan wouldn't think that was fair.

Can we at least wait to see what she will become (or even firmly establish what she is now) before we cry outrage over one Story Arc where she played the role of a puppet toward someone elses gain?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@koays: Simple question: Did she murder those men? If so then she is a murderer and whether or not they make her a nice person doesn't really matter to the dead. By making her a murderer they've just made Donna another comic book character who can kill and get away with it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Dude She's in a cell. Clearly she didn't get away with it. You can't say that she did get away with it until she's out of the cell...and even then you'd have to wait till the end of the arc to see if she doesn't receive some other immediate punishment.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@koays: What kind of punishment? As I recall the amazons received no punishment for generations of rape and murder. I'm betting she stays in the cell two issues at most and then will be free to go on some sort of self discovery quest and after that... nothing. Expect to see her in Justice League or some other such team book in a few years.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: You win. I could debate the virtually endless possibilities of what COULD happen...but clearly everything else stopped mattering after it did happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I bathed in the blood of innocents..." - Donna

"Yo, it's cool. You can still do good things and be a good person and stuff." - WW

No Caption Provided

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

let's just wrap this new52 shit up for once and for all and go back to pre52 continuity. they've destroyed enough of this character and her mythos for a lifetime.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#27  Edited By Outside_85

Should just have killed this Donna and be done with it, resurrect her later with no memory of her actions.

Avatar image for robertelsmore77
RobertElsmore77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonofodin25: Excuse me! What about 40 year old guys who've had lots of partners (and they weren't all blow up dolls), I like her too. Don't discriminate.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: Even speaking as someone who has no attachment to Donna, that was still a horrible origin choice to go with.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about the art just feels off

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: It revamp of Magic Mirror Clone but she is was mind controlled.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaand there goes any chance of seeing the good old Donna. I am sure we will see her , 5 years from now still thinking about '' I am a monster that killed innocents'' subtext....

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Dang. She's so hot!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
@atheistknowledge said:

lol

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Oh Donna what have they done to you!!!

I could literally stand a LOT of the crap DC has done with the New 52... If they at least had ONE SIDE of their universe done extremely well. Just ONE SIDE, just ONE SINGLE SOLITARY SIDE!!!

Teen Titans? COULD HAVE BEEN THAT SIDE!!! I mean okay without the JSA? They are short on teams now in the MAIN universe, they could have literally PUSHED the Titans into being one of the most prominent teams! Like they're not teens, but young adults team that's pretty much the Earth 1 line-up, with the Teen Titans being more or less based on the Young Justice era Titans AKA Tim, Bart, Conner, and Cassie.

And even have Dick join up, which and then Donna, and Roy, and slowly kinda reverse engineer the Titans from the ground up in a way that's both respectful AND new..... But nope.... Didn't happen....

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD THE TEEN TITANS WAS ONCE DC'S BIGGEST SELLERS AT ONE TIME!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!??!

AgentGC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman in that alt cover looks more sad than pissed.

"Aw, why did you have to do that?"

XatuAlbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By XatuAlbert

Gah ok already il be cool se image Wonder woaman , like anyone Complay about batman Figth if a MECHA, and the Desing is like a Image 90's comic Ridiculos wtf you doing if the designs DC is the worst piece of Shit i see in comics now it's bad Shit insane how bad are this designs just don't fix what Works again Gha And oh of course LOOK A RIP OFF CAPITAIN MARVEL.

No Caption Provided
JackalVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wellsoul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Donna Troy was a Marvel character you could say she was a skrull...problem solved.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Donna basically has Xena: Warrior Princess' story with Diana playing her moral compass, Gabrielle (w/out the gay subtext).

Luckily, I enjoy a good redemption and have a great love of Donna Troy.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ivan_jimenez86

Wonder Woman needs better competition:

1. Wonder Woman vs Big Barda

2. Wonder Woman vs Maxima

3. Wonder Woman vs Big Barda vs Maxima

4. Wonder Woman vs Power Girl