#1 Edited by G-Man (34186 posts) - - Show Bio

WOLVERINE #8

(W) Paul Cornell (A) Gerardo Sandoval (CA) Steve McNiven

• Logan, Iron Fist, Shang Chi vs. an army of deadly ninja.

• Three Months to Die - The title says it all!

Item Code: APR140729In Shops: 6/11/2014SRP: $3.99

Staff
#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (42275 posts) - - Show Bio

Paul Cornell wants to touch on the fact that Wolverine is a martial artist?

#3 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

Paul Cornell wants to touch on the fact that Wolverine is a martial artist?

lol I know right? XD

#4 Posted by Blizaga101 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this artist not kris anka, looks nothing like Sandoval's from previous issues.

#5 Posted by NICKXH (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Where the hell is Sandoval? I hear Pete Woods is doing the 4 remaining issues. Which I hope isn't the case :/

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist doesn't use that costume anymore

#7 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2242 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I absolutely LOVE the way Anka draws his new costume.

#8 Posted by ClawFist (337 posts) - - Show Bio

The art team. I'm liking this art team! :D

And MARTIAL ARTS! You know it's always great to see Wolvie use his various other skills, this is what he should of been doing at the start of losing his famed Healing Factor. He has it all, he's just gotta use it, sheesh. :)

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (42275 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii Thoughts?

I dunno, I have this odd sense of excitement for Logan's martial badassery making an entrance again. Don't want to get too hyped though.....

#10 Posted by Geno (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Cornell is still at the helm, so don't expect much. I'm actually very disappointed to see Danny and Shang beat up on this shadow of Wolverine's former self, who clearly could care less.

And how many times must Logan "rediscover" martial arts over the years? Jason Aaron already settled that, and not very long ago. As nice as it is to see two of my favorite MA characters make a guest appearance, I would have thought Master Po would be Logan's first choice if he really needed a teacher (again).

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (42275 posts) - - Show Bio

@geno said:

@wolverine08: Cornell is still at the helm, so don't expect much. I'm actually very disappointed to see Danny and Shang beat up on this shadow of Wolverine's former self, who clearly could care less.

And how many times must Logan "rediscover" martial arts over the years? Jason Aaron already settled that, and not very long ago. As nice as it is to see two of my favorite MA characters make a guest appearance, I would have thought Master Po would be Logan's first choice if he really needed a teacher (again).

Cornell's whole run in general has just been going over plot points that have already had time devoted to them like losing his healing factor, etc.....

#12 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6357 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, I have this odd sense of excitement for Logan's martial badassery making an entrance again. Don't want to get too hyped though.....

I think nothing of it. So tired of the "Wolverine needs to rediscover his skill" crap.

And again, Cornell's dialogue is adolescent at best.

"... I lost something ... there was this woman ... and ... and ..."

Only missing the sobs in between breaths. I don't know who that character is. But it's not Wolverine. So, well, *shrug*.

Cornell could be writing any character really, he could be heading the best Wolverine plot on earth highlighting all his bad@ssery, and I'd still just find his writing style and characterization plain bad.

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (42275 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii:

It's not like Wolverine is such a complex character that great dialogue is needed to expound on his intricacies :D

#14 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6357 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii:

It's not like Wolverine is such a complex character that great dialogue is needed to expound on his intricacies :D

Bub, stogie, bub, bub, snikt ... bub.

#15 Edited by Wolverine08 (42275 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@super_soldierxii:

Bub, stogie, bub, bub, snikt ... bub.

#16 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6357 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: That gif is SO overused. You need new material.

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (42275 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: That gif is SO overused. You need new material.

Don't say you didn't ask for it when I devise a new gif to taunt and rustle you with!

#18 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8631 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

I think nothing of it. So tired of the "Wolverine needs to rediscover his skill" crap.

"... I lost something ... there was this woman ... and ... and ..."

Only missing the sobs in between breaths. I don't know who that character is. But it's not Wolverine. So, well, *shrug*.

Cornell could be writing any character really, he could be heading the best Wolverine plot on earth highlighting all his bad@ssery, and I'd still just find his writing style and characterization plain bad.

It's odd, because Cornell had to write Demon Knights.. a book that had a rhyming Demon, so why is his wolverine so, bland?

#19 Edited by Wolverine08 (42275 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill:

It's odd, because Cornell had to write Demon Knights.. a book that had a rhyming Demon, so why is his wolverine so, bland?

Cornell's a good writer from what I hear, but he just doesn't get Wolverine to be frank.

#20 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8631 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill:

Cornell's a good writer from what I hear, but he just doesn't get Wolverine to be frank.

Yeah, I think have only read Demon Knights.. which was great.. and his Wolverine was not great so I only read a few issues.

#21 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6357 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@dagmar_merrill:

Yeah, I think have only read Demon Knights.. which was great.. and his Wolverine was not great so I only read a few issues.

His Wolverine is just generic. There's no fire, no umph. He completely missed Wolverine's ethos. Like, entirely.

The supporting cast was bland. His relationship was bland. The plot twists were without punch. To top it all, he has yet to write one moment where Wolverine was even remotely close to the best there is ... and no, I'm not intimating that Wolverine has to be portrayed constantly as the penultimate bad@ss all the time - which he is by default anyway (:P) - but c'mon now.

#22 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6357 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill:

Nothing I've read of him has been any good. Hearsay is just that.

He should have stuck to television.

#23 Posted by Wolverine08 (42275 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@dagmar_merrill:

Nothing I've read of him has been any good. Hearsay is just that.

He should have stuck to television.

#24 Posted by Mangakid1995 (195 posts) - - Show Bio

If nothing else this crapy Wolverine book inspired a comment thread that reminded me that Demon Knights used to exist so that's nice.

#25 Posted by cdw101 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

So, fuel is really dead from the last issue? hope not coz I thought he could be quite useful. And I hope pinch survives, nice to get some new characters every now n then!

#26 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine's costume is god awful