Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

WOLVERINE #8

(W) Paul Cornell (A) Gerardo Sandoval (CA) Steve McNiven

• Logan, Iron Fist, Shang Chi vs. an army of deadly ninja.

• Three Months to Die - The title says it all!

Item Code: APR140729In Shops: 6/11/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Paul Cornell wants to touch on the fact that Wolverine is a martial artist?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Paul Cornell wants to touch on the fact that Wolverine is a martial artist?

No Caption Provided

lol I know right? XD

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Is this artist not kris anka, looks nothing like Sandoval's from previous issues.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where the hell is Sandoval? I hear Pete Woods is doing the 4 remaining issues. Which I hope isn't the case :/

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Iron Fist doesn't use that costume anymore

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Ok, I absolutely LOVE the way Anka draws his new costume.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The art team. I'm liking this art team! :D

And MARTIAL ARTS! You know it's always great to see Wolvie use his various other skills, this is what he should of been doing at the start of losing his famed Healing Factor. He has it all, he's just gotta use it, sheesh. :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii Thoughts?

I dunno, I have this odd sense of excitement for Logan's martial badassery making an entrance again. Don't want to get too hyped though.....

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Cornell is still at the helm, so don't expect much. I'm actually very disappointed to see Danny and Shang beat up on this shadow of Wolverine's former self, who clearly could care less.

And how many times must Logan "rediscover" martial arts over the years? Jason Aaron already settled that, and not very long ago. As nice as it is to see two of my favorite MA characters make a guest appearance, I would have thought Master Po would be Logan's first choice if he really needed a teacher (again).

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geno said:

@wolverine08: Cornell is still at the helm, so don't expect much. I'm actually very disappointed to see Danny and Shang beat up on this shadow of Wolverine's former self, who clearly could care less.

And how many times must Logan "rediscover" martial arts over the years? Jason Aaron already settled that, and not very long ago. As nice as it is to see two of my favorite MA characters make a guest appearance, I would have thought Master Po would be Logan's first choice if he really needed a teacher (again).

Cornell's whole run in general has just been going over plot points that have already had time devoted to them like losing his healing factor, etc.....

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, I have this odd sense of excitement for Logan's martial badassery making an entrance again. Don't want to get too hyped though.....

I think nothing of it. So tired of the "Wolverine needs to rediscover his skill" crap.

And again, Cornell's dialogue is adolescent at best.

"... I lost something ... there was this woman ... and ... and ..."

Only missing the sobs in between breaths. I don't know who that character is. But it's not Wolverine. So, well, *shrug*.

Cornell could be writing any character really, he could be heading the best Wolverine plot on earth highlighting all his bad@ssery, and I'd still just find his writing style and characterization plain bad.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii:

It's not like Wolverine is such a complex character that great dialogue is needed to expound on his intricacies :D

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii:

It's not like Wolverine is such a complex character that great dialogue is needed to expound on his intricacies :D

Bub, stogie, bub, bub, snikt ... bub.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

@super_soldierxii:

Bub, stogie, bub, bub, snikt ... bub.

No Caption Provided

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: That gif is SO overused. You need new material.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: That gif is SO overused. You need new material.

Don't say you didn't ask for it when I devise a new gif to taunt and rustle you with!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@wolverine08 said:

I think nothing of it. So tired of the "Wolverine needs to rediscover his skill" crap.

"... I lost something ... there was this woman ... and ... and ..."

Only missing the sobs in between breaths. I don't know who that character is. But it's not Wolverine. So, well, *shrug*.

Cornell could be writing any character really, he could be heading the best Wolverine plot on earth highlighting all his bad@ssery, and I'd still just find his writing style and characterization plain bad.

It's odd, because Cornell had to write Demon Knights.. a book that had a rhyming Demon, so why is his wolverine so, bland?
It's odd, because Cornell had to write Demon Knights.. a book that had a rhyming Demon, so why is his wolverine so, bland?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolverine008

@dagmar_merrill:

Cornell's a good writer from what I hear, but he just doesn't get Wolverine to be frank.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@dagmar_merrill:

Cornell's a good writer from what I hear, but he just doesn't get Wolverine to be frank.

Yeah, I think have only read Demon Knights.. which was great.. and his Wolverine was not great so I only read a few issues.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@dagmar_merrill:

Yeah, I think have only read Demon Knights.. which was great.. and his Wolverine was not great so I only read a few issues.

His Wolverine is just generic. There's no fire, no umph. He completely missed Wolverine's ethos. Like, entirely.

The supporting cast was bland. His relationship was bland. The plot twists were without punch. To top it all, he has yet to write one moment where Wolverine was even remotely close to the best there is ... and no, I'm not intimating that Wolverine has to be portrayed constantly as the penultimate bad@ss all the time - which he is by default anyway (:P) - but c'mon now.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill:

Nothing I've read of him has been any good. Hearsay is just that.

He should have stuck to television.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@dagmar_merrill:

Nothing I've read of him has been any good. Hearsay is just that.

He should have stuck to television.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If nothing else this crapy Wolverine book inspired a comment thread that reminded me that Demon Knights used to exist so that's nice.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, fuel is really dead from the last issue? hope not coz I thought he could be quite useful. And I hope pinch survives, nice to get some new characters every now n then!

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine's costume is god awful