Preview: WINTER SOLDIER: THE BITTER MARCH #5 (OF 5)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

WINTER SOLDIER: THE BITTER MARCH #5

(W) Rick Remender (A) Roland Boschi (CA) Andrew Robinson

• The Winter Solder is dead--long live Bucky!

• The conclusion, the terrible decision that will forever change Ran Shen!

• Witness the birth of the man who will one day destroy Steve Rogers! Enter: The Iron Nail!

Item Code: APR140688In Shops: 7/9/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Heavy Thunder is the name of my Hair Metal band.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Winter_Kills

This is kinda screwed up continuity-wise, as I expected from Remender. Brubaker's history for Buck as the WS was pretty concise; and he seems to throw that out the window. Yes, Bucky did have flashes of memory that made him go off the grid more than once when he was working for the Soviets, but they always mind-wiped him & put him in stasis to make certain he never regained his full memory. He didn't regain his full memory until Cap used the Cube to make him remember. Now Remender's saying he got total recall before, from the Drain? I mean, Dept. X could've mind-wiped him again, but wouldn't it be more difficult, like when Dr. Faustus tried to brainwash him again, which failed, because his memory, sense-of-self & will was too strong? It's just a big contradiction to established continuity & Bucky's timeline. And speaking of timelines, at this period of time wouldn't Fury still be working with the CIA, instead of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Also feeling like despite getting his memory back, Bucky is still a secondary character in a book that's got his name on it. It should've been called "Ran Shen: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. featuring the Winter Soldier". When this mini wraps up, they don't need to let Remender near Bucky again.