#1 Edited by G-Man (30676 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT IF AGE OF ULTRON #4 (OF 5)

(W) Joe Keatinge (A) Piotr Kowalski, Neil Edwards (CA) Chris Stevens

TRI-CENTENNIAL BATTLES!

• In a world without Captain America, the United States has lost its spirit, its inspiration.

• A secret cabal unites to create a new Captain America in the nation's most trying time.

• The war veteran Frank Castle is transformed into something far more than he ever imagined - but not everyone is Steve Rogers...

Item Code: FEB140765In Shops: 4/23/2014SRP: $3.99

Staff
#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11146 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually looks really interesting. I read the Hank Pym issue and it was eh so I didn't get issues 2 and 3 but this...I might have to get.

#3 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20829 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11146 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20829 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

Not a fan of this concept?

No, no I actually love "What If" as a concept. I am just at loss of words as to what is going on here...

Did the Punisher took Captain American's place? What does this has to do with Age of Ultron? Then again, I didn't read anything related to that event so that is why I am confused.

#6 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11146 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

No, no I actually love "What If" as a concept. I am just at loss of words as to what is going on here...

Did the Punisher took Captain American's place? What does this has to do with Age of Ultron? Then again, I didn't read anything related to that event so that is why I am confused.

In Age of Ultron, Wolverine went back in time and killed Hank Pym right before he created Ultron which caused history to drastically change. So in this What If? Age of Ultron series each issue follows a "what if this Avenger died instead of Hank?" scenario. In this issue, Cap died instead of Hank so the issue will follow what the world would have been like if Cap died "all those years ago" rather than Hank.

#7 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20829 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

In Age of Ultron, Wolverine went back in time and killed Hank Pym right before he created Ultron which caused history to drastically change. So in this What If? Age of Ultron series each issue follows a "what if this Avenger died instead of Hank?" scenario. In this issue, Cap died instead of Hank so the issue will follow what the world would have been like if Cap died "all those years ago" rather than Hank.

Ooooh I see now. Thank you for the explanation ;)

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11146 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by ZbvmX (223 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher as the new Cap is awesome :D

#10 Edited by LSROTJ (92 posts) - - Show Bio

There having the Punisher becoming Captain America again???? This makes no sense, these two characters are completely different from each other. I don't care if this is an alternate world, that's no excuse for this. This didn't work in the last What If that did this, nor did it work in that War Journal crap.

I mean the clean cut straight arrow WWII vet from the 1940s can't relate or be compared to a ruthless Vietnam vet who grew up in the 1960s and became a vigilante in the 70s. Different backgrounds breed a different type of person and solider and this issue didn't show anything different with him when it comes to that. They try to show this (poorly) in this issue but they ignore it anyway with Iron Man giving a dumb speech. There's a hidden agenda to this... but it doesn't help the storyline at all.

Have things become so bad at Marvel that they and the fans are so blind that can't tell the difference between these characters????? I would call Joe Keatinge a hack... but that's being too kind.

#11 Posted by mogo1 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

I only like single issue what ifs. Avx what if was the first one I didn't like. Id rather have a tpb of five separate issues