Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

UNCANNY X-MEN #30

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A) Chris Bachalo (CA) Kris Anka

In the fallout from AXIS, the Uncanny X-Men return to the Xavier school to lick their battle wounds. But for some, the events that transpired may have left a deeper wound than anyone realizes. Wounds heal, but sometimes the scars become too much to bear, and the ruby glasses come off.

Item Code: NOV140838In Shops: 1/28/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Quick question, but with everything that's about to go down with Secret Wars and the Marvel Universe ending, does this storyline even mean anything anymore? Like seriously, when both All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men began, with the original X-Men being brought to the present, it was a big deal, but with the Marvel Universe ending and all of these various multiverses being crammed together on Battleworld, does the storylines that begun in both of these series even matter now?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@war_killer: Yes and no, it probably won't matter much in the long run, but as long as it's a comic you enjoy reading it still fulfilled it's purpose.

illustrate303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for spoiling the Eva Bell surprise in the thumbnail in news section Comic Vine! its one thing if I click on the preview and its spoiled, thats fine, but spoiling it when I dont even plan on clicking on it in the news section? BS! Your guys are usually great about this stuff too. Im a little behind but i should be able to come here without it being spoiled in the news section unless I click on the preview or story, then thats on me.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pizzaman

So why is Eva mad at Scott now?

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick question, but with everything that's about to go down with Secret Wars and the Marvel Universe ending, does this storyline even mean anything anymore? Like seriously, when both All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men began, with the original X-Men being brought to the present, it was a big deal, but with the Marvel Universe ending and all of these various multiverses being crammed together on Battleworld, does the storylines that begun in both of these series even matter now?

That is exactly why I am upset about it. I mean sure some of the events will probably carry over but most of it will be cut off and become meaningless. Hell probably the characters will disappear too.

I dunno really, I can't handle another New 52 really.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer: Yes and no, it probably won't matter much in the long run, but as long as it's a comic you enjoy reading it still fulfilled it's purpose.

True, I mean I'm wondering the same thing about others comics which some have only just started (like Ant-Man, for example which is currently my favorite comic). I get that you can still enjoy the comic and hopefully the stories that have been building in these different series will get the proper conclusion they deserve. But at the same time, knowing that the whole Marvel Universe is going to end, be reformed into Battleworld with other Multiverses, and most likely afterwards get rebooted, it still takes away the impact that these stories have, in my opinion.

Currently, they can still serve a purpose, but in the long run they come off as meaningless to me, which I find it unfair to the readers who have been reading these comics since they began.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Emma Frost : Magik Did you take a group selfie without telling us?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

@war_killer: I think things from these stories will matter. If Marvel's been preparing for this event for a few years by the sounds of it, then yeah, there wouldn't be a reason to make new stories and push them. I get things will be different after secret wars (not necessarily meaning continuity wise), but they've basically said a couple of times that their current history isn't broken and don't feel the need to fix it, and that what their goal is, is to patchwork the worlds together and see how things co-exist. So I'm not convinced yet they are rebooting and I think the stories being told right now and new ones coming will and still do matter.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

They're stretching the ?!$! out of this story

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good God, this arc isn't over yet?! It was an Original Sin tie-in to start, now it's lasted longer than that AND Axis!

capelibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman said:

So why is Eva mad at Scott now?

THIS! This here is a really great question. The two annuals recently released detailing Eva's tumble through time were supposed to address this. However, unless I'm completely dense (which isn't beyond the realm of possibility) I didn't see anything having to do with Scott mentioned in either of those books. Does she blame Scott for the loss of her daughter? Does anyone else have any insight/theory on this?

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you guys buy this book? They been freaking stretching this story forever. It's wrong what they're doin.

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Does the solicit not match the book or something?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: That doesn't really bug me, if anything it's kinda cool to know that the writers can cut loose with all these different series.

It's not really unfair, you paid for a story and got it, if you enjoyed it who cares if it didn't matter or not? I'm loving DC's Injustice series and that doesn't really matter, same with my 2 all time favorite comics New Frontier and Marvels, not to mention Thunderworld, my favorite single issue of 2014 (which you should read if you already haven't) isn't part of main continuity, but I still love the hell out of it. Not to mention the publisher still uses those comics for inspiration when building new stories, which is fun for both new and old readers. Remember, comics are about good characters and good stories, and not about worrying about continuity.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock: Just read the post above this one and consider that my response to what you said.

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just a terrifying thought. What if the outcome with the new Secret Wars evaporates the current versions of Scott, Jean, Bobby, Hank, and Warren and leaves us with the new O5?

husk123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By husk123

This whole story arc is BS and is beyond being dragged out, I actually hope the Secret Wars is a reboot to clean up the mess this volume of Uncanny X-men and All new X-men have created.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@husk123: Same here, X-Men continuity is beyond convoluted, Marvel should take this chance to clean things up.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too many x-men damn teams i can't keep up with all of them storm is everywhere too its ridiculous

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Cyclops is dead? Did Malloy killed him? I knew that was coming.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Koays  Online

Smh......or (and this might be crazy) maybe the big Marvel Event won't completely stop every single title.....just a thought