Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

UNCANNY X-MEN #29

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Chris Bachalo

• Everything over the last several months has been leading to this-a turning point for the X-Men. And it all revolves around their deceased former mentor and leader, Professor Charles Xavier!

Rated T+

Item Code: OCT140888In Shops: 12/24/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice

Avatar image for silversurferfan
silversurferfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, far I've been enjoying this Matthew Malloy story arc becuase it highlights Cyclops and how he won't back down to anyone and it reinforces his identity very well however, Matthew Malloy's powers are just too crazy and to think, over in All New X Men they are kinda going through the exact same thing with another mutant, that is above Omega level

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

"Above" Omega Level?

Please, no. We don't need more abstract, generic, vague power levels.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ms-lola: you ain't lying

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@ms-lola:

Vulcan suposed to above Omega Mutant, that isnt a new thing.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about someone properly define Omega before we start going above it...

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This storyline is still going on? How long is that will anyway? War and Peace takes less time to read.

n25philly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good to see the art for this book still sucks

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

by the hoary hosts of #%&$! lol.

Hey, Illyana finally witnessed her first intimate encounter. When's gonna be her turn?

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can you be above Omega? Isn't Omega supposed to mean boundless? By definition of boundless, there is no largest value. Therefor, you cannot be "above" Omega.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"By The Hoary Hosts Of #%&$!"

What kind of woman says that, is she a known character?

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaymarePrime

@mutant_god:

I would say in this instance Strange is the "hoary host"...amiright!!!! Buh dum dum. That is Clea. She did her hair between the first and second panel...Strange would mix his potions in her cauldron often.

I find it odd that with all the worry of "jacking the timeline" there is a loose bamf running around, and how did it get there? Seeing as they are what make up Nightcrawler's soulless worm casket is this some foreshadowing (doubtful, but you never know)

And I think Bendis threw in the "above omega" comment as he is tuned into the forums and social media sites. He knows that this is a hot-button topic for people who desperately want their character to be labeled as such so he is flame-baiting. If this does become a thing expect the same threads to be "____ IS above omega", confirmed because someone farted at a convention and it was recorded, when you play it backward at half speed it said so.

I do so love him for his ability to have every word and panel dissected in such a way. Love him or hate him, all fans mention Bendis.He is a genius at marketing his brand.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I just...love Magik so much. I'm so glad Marvel brought her back from limbo (and Limbo, of course), she's so peculiar and fascinating. Easily one of my top 10 Marvel characters.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

"Above" Omega Level?

Personally, I despise the entire concept of "power levels" in X-men. To me it makes mutant powers sound like they belong to some sort of crappy anime character. The effectiveness of mutant powers is largely dependent on the mutant using them and not some arbitrary leveling system ala Dragon Ball Yuck.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@daymareprime: I didn't even notice the Bamf, but that's a pretty good point. Kinda makes me wonder if the version of "Kurt" that we saw in the annual isn't just that Bamf magically grown up. Or it could just be a random easter egg never to be touched on again.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god:

I would say in this instance Strange is the "hoary host"...amiright!!!! Buh dum dum. That is Clea. She did her hair between the first and second panel...Strange would mix his potions in her cauldron often.

Oh Clea, of course can't believe I didn't figure that one out

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@ms-lola:

Vulcan suposed to above Omega Mutant, that isnt a new thing.

Vulcan was something above everyone, haha, but like others have mentioned, Omega level is supposed to represent untapped power or whatever and that's what I mean by vague. Things like Omega level and secondary or even tertiary mutant powers that pop out of nowhere are too random, it seems. Bendis is throwing the words "Omega level" like it's confetti in the last few books that's come out, including the annuals of both the Uncanny and All New X-Men in relation to Tempus. Maybe all the new mutants are Omega level at this point.

@ms-lola said:

"Above" Omega Level?

Personally, I despise the entire concept of "power levels" in X-men. To me it makes mutant powers sound like they belong to some sort of crappy anime character. The effectiveness of mutant powers is largely dependent on the mutant using them and not some arbitrary leveling system ala Dragon Ball Yuck.

Yes! Exactly!

And I think Bendis threw in the "above omega" comment as he is tuned into the forums and social media sites. He knows that this is a hot-button topic for people who desperately want their character to be labeled as such so he is flame-baiting. If this does become a thing expect the same threads to be "____ IS above omega", confirmed because someone farted at a convention and it was recorded, when you play it backward at half speed it said so.

I do so love him for his ability to have every word and panel dissected in such a way. Love him or hate him, all fans mention Bendis.He is a genius at marketing his brand.

Ugh, you're so right. I want to slap him, kiss him and then slap him again. This is what Bendis does to me.

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Roy_el

Were the levels ever defined? I pretty much know what the current omegas could do. What are the other levels?

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola:

Just wait until the next lot of mutants appear- they're "above- above extra-crispy low-fat omega level"

Can someone please tell me what's happened to Dr Strange that Magik can't visit him in the present?

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roy_el said:

Were the levels ever defined? I pretty much know what the current omegas could do. What are the other levels?

Good question. I have no idea how to answer it, though.

@cave_duck said:

@ms-lola:

Just wait until the next lot of mutants appear- they're "above- above extra-crispy low-fat omega level"

Can someone please tell me what's happened to Dr Strange that Magik can't visit him in the present?

That got a giggle. Plus, another good question I don't know the answer to. Unless it's because Doctor Strange isn't playing very nice in an Avengers' title somewhere. I know I read something involving him where he was coming off a little evil. I can't remember exactly where, though.