Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

ULTIMATE END #4

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Mark Bagley

WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?

• TONY VS TONY, CLINT VS CLINT, HULK VS HULK!

• The tear between domains deepens...

• How long can two territories occupy the same space?

• Here comes MILES...

Rated T+

Item Code: JUN150708In Shops: 8/5/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

LordRyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cap figured it out... Bendis isn't even trying anymore

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Will pick up

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Doctor Strange variant is the only redeeming thing about this book.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda feel bad for Bendis. I get the feeling he didn't really want Ultimate Spiderman to end and wasn't really prepared for it. Was the one project he maintained passion for after the first 1/2 arcs and Secret wars kinda took it all away from him. I doubt he really cares at all about this book it basically erases the 15 years of work he did building his own universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I've been reading Ultimate Universe books on an off on Marvel Unlimited and I honestly have no idea what Ultimate Ben Grimms powers are, some times hes rocky sometimes hes purple and flying and I'm pretty sure one time he was both in the same issue. Would some one who has been able to dedicate more time to the Ultimate Universe than I have please explain to me what Ultimate Ben Grimms deal is?

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue didn't make sense like skipped over most of the sht, and didn't understand big fight at the end.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still read this and the Main Secret Wars Book. That's all.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Noone301994

Christ... Bendis loves writing these stories where Iron Man calls in his Iron Fodder army and gets owned by weaker Avengers. Beautiful.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@werst9 said:

I kinda feel bad for Bendis. I get the feeling he didn't really want Ultimate Spiderman to end and wasn't really prepared for it. Was the one project he maintained passion for after the first 1/2 arcs and Secret wars kinda took it all away from him. I doubt he really cares at all about this book it basically erases the 15 years of work he did building his own universe.

Lol i used to feel bad for him too. He's clearly stretched to thin with work across the board showing potential but ultimately failing, but in a very competitive industry where he can't turn down the major assignments he's offered without risking his relevance. It seemed understandable....

And then he did an interview where he justified killing off a character in a random place and time without explanation by saying that only (and i'm quoting) "like 4 people care". That and the things he says to fans on his tumblr burn through my sympathy.

Also, I'm totally the one who made that poster :D

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: No, Bendis doesnt have to accept all of the series to work on that he does, he just wants more money and would rather publish a ton of crap and get paid more than just focus on 1 or 2 series.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@currentthor2015: Yea but you have to think about what those assignments are. "Hey Brian, your done with the avenger's and we think its time for you to move on to another project even though you've said that you'd like to focus on your Powers series...it's X-Men and we'd give you the two lead books" then "Hey Brian we're trying to relaunch GoTG to capitalize on our future movie plans any thoughts?" Not saying he deserves the opportunitiesopportunities(god knows he doesn't) but if someone offers you major assignments during a point in your career when your on the verge of the most success you don't turn it down and give that exclusive contract to Hickman so you can keep writing the title set in the universe that Marvel keeps trying to get rid of every 6 months.

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I know it makes sense from a logical standpoint like that, but it still annoys me with how much he writes when there are other writers out there that are better than him and should get a chance, not just give it all to one person.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO Bendis has delusions of grander and sees himself as the next GRRM. He did write some good stuff many years ago and ppl seem to like his work on Miles but lately he has been jumping from the hot franchise of the moment i.e. Avengers to Guardians to Iron Man and burning it to the ground i.e. X-men! I don't know why but I have this feeling he is lurking over Marvel properties waiting for something to break big for him like Powers for example and bang he will be running out the front door.