Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #3

(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Frank Cho

PREPARE TO MEET YOUR FOOM!

• Amadeus is on the hunt for the biggest, greenest, baddest monster on the block - besides himself, of course!

• And an unlikely ally lends a hand!

Rated T

Item Code: DEC150758In Shops: 2/10/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

LOL these covers are hilarious man. Oooooh, but I'm still irritated on how they mostly threw away the story Gerry Duggan was building with Doc Green. Hope to God that's addressed soon.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676: That's definitely never getting addressed and there goes half a dozen plot points into the trash bin.

I really wanna know what exactly happened to Banner...

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art is good, but Cho Hulk is....meh. Wheres Banner? Shouldn't Cho be kickin' it with Hercules too?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@atheistknowledge:

Not that it's really a loss, as many of us found Gerry Duggan's run to be underwhelming and just riddled with plot-holes & lazy writing. That's one of the many things I can say that I really like about Totally Awesome Hulk. It's ignoring all the mediocre/underwhelming runs that came with Banner/Hulk from writers such as Jason Aaron, Mark Waid and Gerry Duggan.

It may not be a perfect book, and while Banner/Hulk are in the spotlight, I'll still take it over any of the comics of all 3 previous mediocre runs we had shoved down our throats these last 5 years since Greg Pak originally departed. Besides, it's only a matter of time before Banner/Hulk return in incredible fashion.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art is good, Jen looking great there, got muscle on her but is not drawn as a pure beefcake.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

LOL these covers are hilarious man. Oooooh, but I'm still irritated on how they mostly threw away the story Gerry Duggan was building with Doc Green. Hope to God that's addressed soon.

Eight months have passed, something obviously happened. Maybe he even cured himself - perhaps using the same method that granted Amadeus his powers. After all, Amadeus can turn his Hulk powers on and off willingly. Bruce never could.

I find it odd that Miles Morales doesn't know about Planet Hulk. Shouldn't Iron Man have filled him in on Earth-616 Avengers history?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@shinobi62676 said:

Eight months have passed, something obviously happened. Maybe he even cured himself - perhaps using the same method that granted Amadeus his powers. After all, Amadeus can turn his Hulk powers on and off willingly. Bruce never could.

I find it odd that Miles Morales doesn't know about Planet Hulk. Shouldn't Iron Man have filled him in on Earth-616 Avengers history?

Everyone can turn their Hulk powers on and off except the actual Hulk, because his transformations are tied to other personalities.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice detail that the women have bulky amazon like body frames.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BappyRonChantin

The cover art makes it look like Fin Fang Foom is gonna lick Amadeus Cho's hair, slowly..

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When this series was first announced I had a lot of preconceived notions, but I gotta say, the first couple issues where really entertaining. For everyone asking "Where's Banner?" check the series out. It features some stuff involving him.

@atheistknowledge:

Not that it's really a loss, as many of us found Gerry Duggan's run to be underwhelming and just riddled with plot-holes & lazy writing. That's one of the many things I can say that I really like about Totally Awesome Hulk. It's ignoring all the mediocre/underwhelming runs that came with Banner/Hulk from writers such as Jason Aaron, Mark Waid and Gerry Duggan.

It may not be a perfect book, and while Banner/Hulk are in the spotlight, I'll still take it over any of the comics of all 3 previous mediocre runs we had shoved down our throats these last 5 years since Greg Pak originally departed. Besides, it's only a matter of time before Banner/Hulk return in incredible fashion.

Amen dude! It's so sad that I love most everything else Jason Aaron and Mark Waid write but I didn't really enjoy either's Hulk run. Waid had an interesting premise "Hulks Smashes/Banner Builds" but I never thought it really caught fire. I didn't like Duggan's run at all. I just hate Doc Green. I thought as he was depowering all the other Hulks (Which I also hated) that it was serving as a origin story for how the 616 Hulk becomes the Maestro. That could have been awesome but alas it wasn't. Sadly I haven't enjoyed the HULK comics since World War Hulk. It's been that long. I didn't like the Jeff Loeb (Red) HULK series. It was so confusing. By the time Pak came back to the series with Incredible Hulk(s) I had already dumped it from my pull list and didn't pick a Hulk comic back up till Jason Aaron relauched it.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ostyo said:

Nice detail that the women have bulky amazon like body frames.

Yup. Marvel seems to be recently equating feminism with androgynous body styles for their female characters. You can still be curvy and a powerful independent woman.

And nice to see Fin Fang Foom get used more.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see that Cho has no problem drawing women with some muscles on them. She-Hulk actually looks like a Hulk and not like a supermodel painted green. I really like that.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god.... when will this end ? We need banner/ Doc Green back.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676 said:

I doubt he "cured" himself if anything looking at the small showings of Banner in the comic it looks like he got a new form of radiation, it almost definitely whats responisble for him losing his Hulk powers(if he actually lost it at all to begin with).

Banner could turn on and off his Hulk powers it depended on the incarnation and the writer. Greg Pak's Green Scar could turn it on and off at will.

RegulatorJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cho's Hulk looks like a green version of Matt Ogus

ord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The comic book of the year so far, mostly because of the Frank Cho's artwork. Probably Spider Man fans will complain about this statement, but She-Hulk has never looked so impressive. Hopefully Pak & Cho will develop a new series for her soon.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By BR_Havoc

Man Marvel hates sharks.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: I agree with that, Cho in this book has shown that femininity can be strong powerful as well as attractive something a book like Captain Marvel should be doing but isn't instead showing that strong female character should be drawn in a masculine style.

RegulatorJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ord1: I think Doctor Strange has been the best so far

ord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

benwoodtweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13: The Series is entertaining but i just wish Banner would show up in a mentor roll for Cho. Thats how this series should have started as it would have been cool seeing Banner help Cho grow as a hulk and hero and would have appeased all the people complaining about this not being Hulk. The whole passing of the Torch works better if we see it happen right away.

RegulatorJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benwoodtweet: I don't think Banner would mentor Cho like that. I would doubt he would approve of there being another Hulk especially one flippant about it

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, what record has she (lady bellwether) read, cause they're Damn right.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13: The Series is entertaining but i just wish Banner would show up in a mentor roll for Cho. Thats how this series should have started as it would have been cool seeing Banner help Cho grow as a hulk and hero and would have appeased all the people complaining about this not being Hulk. The whole passing of the Torch works better if we see it happen right away.

That doesn't really sound like my cup on tea. I like it the way it is. To each's own.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:

Good to see that Cho has no problem drawing women with some muscles on them. She-Hulk actually looks like a Hulk and not like a supermodel painted green. I really like that.

I think more times than not, She-Hulk has been drawn as being sturdier than most female characters rather than just being a 7'5" green model.

RegulatorJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:

I think more times than not, She-Hulk has been drawn as being sturdier than most female characters rather than just being a 7'5" green model.

Yeah canonically at least she has always been portrayed properly. Its usually a fan made rendering where its more supermodel than warrior.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Why is she-hulk standing on those two monsters? Those stopped attacking them after the alien lady started geeking out about her monster collection.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676: That's definitely never getting addressed and there goes half a dozen plot points into the trash bin.

I really wanna know what exactly happened to Banner...

that's what I like to know to.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is he basically a weaker hulk that is using gear??

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: sexuality is stronger than muscles...

look at all the guys basically dying over girls