#1 Edited by G-Man (18877 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR GOD OF THUNDER #23

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Esad Ribic (CA) Agustin Alessio

THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD Part Five

• Thor's war to save the earth comes to its epic conclusion. In the far future, King Thor makes a dark decision that may save the day, but at what cost?

• And in present-day Broxton, Oklahoma, Thor makes a final stand against the forces of ROXXON, but not even a god can save everyone.

Item Code: APR140691In Shops: 6/18/2014SRP: $3.99

#2 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my damn

#3 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (4909 posts) - - Show Bio

That artwork fits so perfectly.

#4 Posted by Lateralus (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.....I know what version of Thor is about to blow up in the battle forums

#5 Posted by medulaoblaganda (1095 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by GreenScar1990 (635 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't believe Old King Thor, even with Gorr's weapon, should prevail over someone as powerful as Galactus. I mean, c'mon, Galactus is the sibling of Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion. He's one of the most powerful beings in existence.

I'm sure Jason Aaron, who is a fan of the God of Thunder, would never let Old King Thor defeat Galactus even with the powerful necro-sword. I would think that he wouldn't allow this type of fanboyism. There's a limit to everything, and my honest opinion, no hero or villain, not even Sky-Fathers, should pose as a threat to beings like Galactus, Eternity, Oblivion, or the Celestials. Now if the Infinity Gems were involved, I could accept it as a major plot device/deus ex machina.

But this? I'm not certain. We'll see, but I hope that Galactus triumphs once again, thus forcing Old King Thor to offer him the World-Heart (from Fracttion's Thor run) in exchange for sparing the Earth. That'd make things interesting.

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6706 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: the reason Old Kimg Thor kicks around galactus is not because he is stronger. It's because Old Kimg Thor has a badass beard .

#8 Posted by Jayc1324 (13386 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving this new Thor.

#9 Posted by Tiamut (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the art in this book.

#10 Edited by Experio (17145 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#11 Posted by Rev_Sulphur (1617 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY SHIT. Looking forward to this.