#1 Posted by G-Man (19175 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR GOD OF THUNDER #19.NOW

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Esad Ribic

THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD begin NOW!

Thor, Asgardian God of Thunder, has always fought to save his adopted home of Earth. But who can he fight when the planet itself is dying? Thor's mortal ally and environmental secret agent Roz Solomon has a few ideas. Namely the world's largest and most nefarious energy company Roxxon, and its ruthless new CEO known as "The Minotaur." Has the God of Thunder finally met his match, in the form of a multinational super-corporation? Meanwhile, many millennia ahead, a future version of Thor faces a very different battle to save what remains of the earth--a battle against the greatest villain the Marvel Universe has ever known-Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds!

Item Code: DEC130667In Shops: 2/12/2014SRP: $3.99

Staff
#2 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue whales don't herd. No idea why I felt this was important to point out, but there it is.

#3 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Blue whales don't herd. No idea why I felt this was important to point out, but there it is.

The answer is...

#4 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by JakeN7 (13765 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Killer Whales do. They're called pods. I've seen them several times. I'm from the pacific Northwest and to see a pod of Orcas is always a treat.

Those are those big mutha's though. Pretty sure you'd only see two if one of them was a calf. Strange panel.

#6 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@lykopis said:

Killer Whales do. They're called pods. I've seen them several times. I'm from the pacific Northwest and to see a pod of Orcas is always a treat.

Those are those big mutha's though. Pretty sure you'd only see two if one of them was a calf. Strange panel.

GET. OUT! :D

I am from Vancouver! I love orcas and have seen them as well although it was rare to see any that would come close enough for me to catch sight of them while sitting in Stanley Park.

#7 Posted by JakeN7 (13765 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@jaken7 said:

@lykopis said:

GET. OUT! :D

I am from Vancouver! I love orcas and have seen them as well although it was rare to see any that would come close enough for me to catch sight of them while sitting in Stanley Park.

No way! That's awesome! I'm from the Seattle area, and I get to see them sometimes when I ride the ferry across the Puget Sound (which I do multiple times a week.) Now just for clarification, do you mean Vancouver, WA or Vancouver, CA?

#8 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how the whales are getting more attention on this thread than either the previews or Thor.

Big up to the Comic Vine community

#9 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7:

lol -- I knew you were going to ask that! The Canadian one. :)

Gah, I miss heading into Seattle - how amazing getting to see them while on the ferry. Lucky you.

#10 Edited by JakeN7 (13765 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Yep! Us Washingtonians are the only ones that ever do. When my now-stepmom moved here from California, she and my dad went up to Vancouver for their honeymoon and when she told me about it, I asked her which one. She looked at me really funny and was like "Vancouver. It's in Canada" and then my dad told her that there's a Vancouver in Washington and I was just trying to figure out which one she was talking about. It can be confusing since they're so close.

Yeah, I love it down here. My dad lives over in Kitsap county so I take the ferry to see him. The time I actually got to see some Orcas the closest and for the longest time was when my uncle took my dad and I on the Naval ship that he served on at the time which was going to do a little go around the Sound. There was a big pod that followed the boat for miles, and I got to just stand and watch off the port side on the deck. They even jumped out of the water Free-Willy style. They were showing off all day. Probably my favorite memory of all time. Not even an experience like it's been down here after the Seahawks won the Superbowl even competes to the time on that damn ship.

#11 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7:

It's amazing how little people know of the American Vancouver, and it's a nice size city too. :) And your story is amazing -- how precious is that to have got to see those beautiful animals in such a way.

@enigmalantern said:

I like how the whales are getting more attention on this thread than either the previews or Thor.

I couldn't care less about this new character -- I could have mentioned something about Thor going about bemoaning the deaths of other planets and fearful for Earth, but it's obvious pandering to quantify the focus on Solomon. It has me a little "meh". I'm going out on a limb here, but I suspect she'll be needing some Asgardian assistance due to her recklessness...

et cetera. et cetera.

#12 Edited by JakeN7 (13765 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@jaken7:

It's amazing how little people know of the American Vancouver, and it's a nice size city too. :) And your story is amazing -- how precious is that to have got to see those beautiful animals in such a way.

For sure, thanks so much.

#13 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@lykopis said:

@jaken7:

@enigmalantern said:

#15 Posted by JakeN7 (13765 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@lykopis said:

@jaken7:

@enigmalantern said:

Can anyone well versed in Ghost Rider tell me why he's waxing poetic on his motorcycle on a whale?

#16 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio
@enigmalantern said:

@jaken7: .....I got nothing.

Thanks a lot, gentlemen. I knew it was a Shadowland story with Fisk so I knew I had the comic although it took a while finding it.

Apparently, Ghost Rider rode his bike across the Pacific Ocean on his way to destroy the Hand in Japan, and since he had a few words to throw Heaven's way, decided to ride up on a whale as some kind of pulpit to do so.

I can't even...