User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

THOR #8

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Russell Dauterman

• The final battle with the Destroyer!

• Guest stars galore!

• A shocking return!

• And oh yeah...Thor's secret identity revealed at last!!!

Item Code: MAR150723In Shops: 5/13/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Scistorm4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scistorm4

"Every Thor has their secrets"? Uh... what secrets exactly did Thor Odinson have?

Anyway, who do you think she is? All the clues point to Roz Solomon, but were they a bunch of red herrings? If so, my guess would be Jane Foster.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Sternfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QFT, what a snoozefest.

Please god let Secret Wars end this female Thor story...

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Makentsu

No Caption Provided
AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm I don't like that look for Karnilla.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ugh, the dialogue, especially Freya, is cringe worthy. The art is nice though.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Female Thor REALLY trying to say OG Thor has no right to know who she is? Given, y'know, that she's taken his hammer, his powers, his outfit, and his name?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sigh at least angela is involved

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@jonsmith: To be fair, their outfits are nothing alike.

I'm kinda amused that his response to her not wanting his help is to request a bribe in order to leave. After that point is he only helping her out of spite?

So many characters, all with banter. Less would have been more. The bit with Freyja's pretty cool though.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The all father's reign of idiocy is at an end"???? Who rights this terrible dialogue?? Oh, Odin, Thor, Asgard, how far you have fallen!!!

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By antithetical

@jonsmith: To be fair, their outfits are nothing alike.

I'm kinda amused that his response to her not wanting his help is to request a bribe in order to leave. After that point is he only helping her out of spite?

So many characters, all with banter. Less would have been more. The bit with Freyja's pretty cool though.

I don't know what's going on, the sudden shift to this complete antagonism makes it look like Aaron hasn't actually been paying attention to his own story.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know, I kind of love this. Seeing Sif go to the new Thor and pretty much put her in her place and having some of my most favourite characters be who they are is pretty awesome.

Best part?

Freyja, daughter of Vanaheim, fathers_cking ALL-MOTHER OF ASGARD!

WOOOOOOOOO!

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: I was joking about him helping her out of spite. Her issue right now is that it's the Destroyer, and he brought others into danger to help her. Even if it was just him there to help, she'd be telling him to get lost because the Destroyer only wants her.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Great, all girls. Totally supports what fans were saying about Creel's dialogue in an issue long ago. Seems like the writer has messed it up after doing so much in the arcs before this.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female thor is lame

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cgoodness said:
No Caption Provided

QFT, what a snoozefest.

Please god let Secret Wars end this female Thor story...

you must be under a rock or something because it already know she part of the new avengers team post secret wars, so tough luck.

No Caption Provided

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Darling_Luna

Ewwww womanz are gross

: P

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, all girls. Totally supports what fans were saying about Creel's dialogue in an issue long ago. Seems like the writer has messed it up after doing so much in the arcs before this.

Oh no! All girls! They'll give Cul cooties! Does the Destroyer armor have a defense against that? Will his soul be infected with cooties? Maybe that's Odinson's plan! But wait, he'll get the cooties, too.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist said:

Oh no! All girls! They'll give Cul cooties! Does the Destroyer armor have a defense against that? Will his soul be infected with cooties? Maybe that's Odinson's plan! But wait, he'll get the cooties, too.

XD oh AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry Freyja, but you're not the All-Mother anymore. Odin is back.

At least Sif is still awesome. I am kind of excited for this but I kind of want to see the Destroyer win, and not Odinson and his legion of females. Female Thor is being an arrogant jerk for no reason, and she has absolutely no motivation for keeping her identity a secret, which goes to show how badly written this story can be at times.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one that was sensible in that preview was Sif. Putting pompous idiots in their place. The rest felt like a lecture on 'how cool Female Thor' is. Well at least Freyja gets some love.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any one gonna spoiler this?

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Scourge

"Every Thor has their secrets"? Uh... what secrets exactly did Thor Odinson have?

Sadly he does have one. The reason why he isn't worthy anymore.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The salt is real.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liked it better without the dialogue. Still pretty though.

The only part that really reads poorly is the interaction with Angela and when Thor calls Thor Prince Odinson. Sounds like the "cursed" hammer really is in control of the golem at the moment. Looking forward the the end, I have enjoyed it but looking forward to not collecting it after this issue as well.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GalacticFork
@wowlock said:

The rest felt like a lecture on 'how cool Female Thor' is. Well at least Freyja gets some love.

Where'd you get that? The only positive thing said about her was Spider-Woman calling her "hawt." Heck, Karnilla assumes she'll die in a matter of seconds. But yeah, Freyja is awesome in this.

Snake_Plissken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lame

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if the all scenario has no purpose and was created by a wrong portray of Odin the Wise All Father of Asgard that gave an eye for that, i Like Sif in that panel, the female edition/version of Thor continues with her lack of characterization, and here the writer made her more Asgardian than the Asgardians, isn't she human, even if is the hammer that "creates" this behavior (character Mjolnir seems not be a good plot) what is really the point of this behavior?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Looks like a pretty awesome battle. There's blasting in almost every panel! Plus smashing AND stabbing!

marveldcfan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'm guessing that Thorette will be Tara Olson.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wish the Thor/Sif/Warriors Three battle with Destroyer in the first Thor film was as awesome as this.

Jill_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be the only one, but I love this =) I started out not really wanting to like new Thor and judging solely on the fact that I didn't like her new helmet, but it's all really growing on me. The action is classic comic book stuff, and the mystery keeps me wanting to buy the next issue. Plus, the art is gorgeous, and it's got enough humor to keep me satiated to the fact that he's called Odinson now.

After Secret Wars, I want to see another comic called "Brothers in Arms" where Odinson and Bucky go kick ass with their metal arms, and maybe have this new Thor team up with Valkyrie and Lady Sif and become a new "Warriors Three" haha

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow just when you think Aaron can't get any more incompetent he has Freya talking like she matters. News flash you moronic sycophant Freya never had and never will rule asgard, if your going to have your act like a moron at least allow her to remember her own cities names.asgardia. not the real asgard

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Anjon

Really hoping it goes something like this.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Sorry Freyja, but you're not the All-Mother anymore. Odin is back.

At least Sif is still awesome. I an kind of excited for this but I kind of want to see the Destroyer win, and not Odinson and his legion of females. Female Thor is being an arrogant jerk for no reason, and she has absolutely no motivation for keeping her identity a secret, which goes to show how badpy written this story can he at times.

"The all father's reign of idiocy is at an end"???? Who rights this terrible dialogue?? Oh, Odin, Thor, Asgard, how far you have fallen!!!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Just tell me because I don't care

Avatar image for scarlet_spider_forever
Scarlet_Spider_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sternfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sternfan99

@jestersmiles:

I must live under a rock because I don't know where the storyline is headed 6 months from now?

Cool story bro.

I doubt you live under a rock, unless there's a rock in your mom's basement...

troll animated GIF

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Man, you guys are a bunch of sad sacks. This book has been awesome and I can't wait to see how the rest of the issue unfolds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis:If you don't care why did you comment of the preview, if you dislike a comic or a concept the quickest way to get rid of it is to ignore it.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lordraiden

Man, you guys are a bunch of sad sacks. This book has been awesome and I can't wait to see how the rest of the issue unfolds.

For the record, that's more than fine, I've never had a problem with people enjoying and liking something I don't for whatever reasons. Whatever reasons and issues I have with the book doesn't mean I'm open to attacking people who do like it. I'd be worried if Marvel were putting out a book on a monthly basis that absolutely no one liked. It's o.k. to criticize a book without criticizing other people who read and like it, imo. I think we all can comment on the/a comic and what we think of it without criticizing other peoples views on why they like or dislike it.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staypuffed said:

For the record, that's more than fine, I've never had a problem with people enjoying and liking something I don't for whatever reasons. Whatever reasons and issues I have with the book doesn't mean I'm open to attacking people who do like it. I'd be worried if Marvel were putting out a book on a monthly basis that absolutely no one liked. It's o.k. to criticize a book without criticizing other people who read and like it, imo. I think we all can comment on the/a comic and what we think of it without criticizing other peoples views on why they like or dislike it.

I also share that opinion, i think everyone that enjoys the current creative decisions and execution should be respected like who doesn't, because quantify quality in comics, music or movies is subjective, but with that being said, Aaron execution has problems that at least are debatable, and normally who usually posts that likes the current run doesn't really support their opinion, i didn't get yet what Aaron build in this 8 issues, besides the "who is she" plot, but even that mystery is weak, she is Jane or Roz since issue 2, other questions can be made like for ex., why Female Thor had to hide her identity? Or why Heimdall doesn't know who female Thor is, Justifications? Meh... In Angela current comic book Angela needed Siriana (Heimdall's bride weeding dress) to escape from his view, that dress is the only thing that Heimdall can't see, it was a great sub plot that connected Angela to Asgard and justify how she fooled the Asgardians and successfully escape after kidnapping her baby sister, some sub plots reinforce the main plot credibility, and in my opinion good writing can't be all supported by future unknown plots because that hurts the pace of the story, the Art of the book is great, but Aaron writing in this book isn't solid and seems that Marvel/Aaron don't really care for possible plot holes, and this story was exclusively designed for the sales, but not believable, so can be criticized...

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Exactly you can like a book,movie,or show all you want but you have to be able to see the flaws in them especially when their big flaws like a mediocre at best story,bad portrayal of characters,and many,many plot-holes. And the only redeeming qualities are the art and well ...the art.XD

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

i didn't get yet what Aaron build in this 8 issues, besides the "who is she" plot, but even that mystery is weak, she is Jane or Roz since issue 2, other questions can be made like for ex., why Female Thor had to hide her identity? Or why Heimdall doesn't know who female Thor is, Justifications?

If it's Jane Foster, she has several reasons to hide her identity. As for Heimdall, he never said he was unable, he said he wouldn't. He refused to look. It was a choice. Before you bring up the food some random elf ate, that's not actively invading someone's privacy. It's nothing information. He chose to respect her privacy because he didn't see her as a threat to Asgardia. That is different.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By Jestersmiles

@sternfan99 said:

@jestersmiles:

I must live under a rock because I don't know where the storyline is headed 6 months from now?

Cool story bro.

I doubt you live under a rock, unless there's a rock in your mom's basement...

oh man the old you live in your mom basement "insult" man that one stung....................................................................................................................

No Caption Provided

Call me when you can come up with something that even begins to resemble an insult.

New Avengers

it called google use it.

If you get insulted from a joke so easily get off the internet, because it seems you can't take one.

KouNurasaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist:

Wow, I felt that burn... it hurt.

Anyway, I wish people would stop bashing this issue just because it is focusing on female characters. Seriously, grow up.

The only thing this series has done that bugs me is not reveal who the new Thor is... I needs to know yos!

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Asgaard

@galacticfork said:
@asgaard said:

i didn't get yet what Aaron build in this 8 issues, besides the "who is she" plot, but even that mystery is weak, she is Jane or Roz since issue 2, other questions can be made like for ex., why Female Thor had to hide her identity? Or why Heimdall doesn't know who female Thor is, Justifications?

If it's Jane Foster, she has several reasons to hide her identity. As for Heimdall, he never said he was unable, he said he wouldn't. He refused to look. It was a choice. Before you bring up the food some random elf ate, that's not actively invading someone's privacy. It's nothing information. He chose to respect her privacy because he didn't see her as a threat to Asgardia. That is different.

With context i was trying to show that this sub plots are not engaging, and don't reinforce the main plot credibility, If she is Jane, Heimdall had to know when she leave and get back to Asgard, was more engaging if she found a trick to fool Heimdall like Angela, and if Heimdall thinks that way and that is believable, he is the only character that Odin listens, so this preview scenario isn't that believable, we can speculate about Cul and if he has some influence on Odin, but that is just another unknown future plot that hurts the pace of the current story, i think you have some good interpretations/justifications about Aaron current writing, and you never went in the Roz bandwagon, but isn't the time yet to recognize that this 8 issues and the plot "who is she" were to much? And if this were only 4 or 5 issues the story could be more solid? Imagine that after issue 4 WE get to know that she was Jane and then the plot could explore how she fooled Heimdall and the other Asgardians, wasn't that better than the current forced plot? This execution didn't justify the new creative decisions, (If the Destroyer become this trivial, why not use it in the Frost Giants invasion?) Aaron also needed to write "this Odin" to make the new Mjolnir wielder connection with Asgard, by marvel editorial new creative decisions on Angela she is Asgardian and Odin's daughter, she could just knock on Asgard door and that's it, deal with it, but Gillen/Bennett plot build a story about Angela where her decisions and motivations made the connection with Asgard...

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kounurasaka: Well IMO this is taunting readers. And that is insulting in some ways. If enjoy it that's fine, it's your opinion, I have no problem with that.

@anjon said:

Really hoping it goes something like this.

No Caption Provided

Kakashi approves this!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galacticfork: I don't think there is any reason Heimdall should not have told Odinson, and especially no reason not to tell Odin. To know what that elf ate he had to have been taking a peek inside his house yes? That's an invasion of privacy. He isn't only there to report threats, he has been useful in the past for finding out where people are or to see if someone is safe. The identity of female Thor should be nothing information to him. Something random that he should not care about. And when your king, Odin, asks you to do something for him there's no reason not to. Heimdall has no special connection with female Thor and has no reason to defy his own king and his own friend, Odinson, to protect her.

Heimdall tried to say that Odinson has better things to worry about, like malekith, but the lack of attention malekith has been getting in this series makes that claim seem weak. And Odin doesn't have anything like that to worry about. Odinson deals with people like Malekith. Heimdalls had no reason to not tell Odin who she is. He spies on people all the time and it is wrong for him to protect her instead of obey Odin.