Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

THOR #1 (Covers Only)

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Russell Dauterman

• The great hammer MJOLNIR lies on the moon, unable to be lifted by anyone in all the heavens! Even THOR!

• Something dark has befallen the God of Thunder, leaving him weakened and for the first time in forever... UNWORTHY!

• But when Frost Giants invade the Earth, the hammer will be lifted and an all-new Thor will arise! A Thor unlike any we've ever seen before!

• Who is this new GODDESS OF THUNDER? Not even Odin knows!

• JASON AARON teams with hot up-and-coming artist RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (CYCLOPS) to create a bold new chapter in the storied history of Thor!

Rated T+

Item Code: AUG140777In Shops: 10/1/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

-__-

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That third last one looks like Thor wearing lipstick?!

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

Yes finally!! I cant wait!!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I hope it's actually an INVERTED post Axis Amora.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Whoever she is i m not hoping to make much sense, or a reasonable plot to support this change, this was only for the publicity, not the story!

I hope Angela (Asgard Assassin) kills this character without personality or identity as soon as possible.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

@4thor said:

@teerack said:

Whoever she is i m not hoping to make much sense, or a reasonable plot to support this change, this was only for the publicity, not the story!

I hope Angela (Asgard Assassin) kills this character without personality or identity as soon as possible.

Because you know all about why they do things and just assume everything's done in the name of publicity.

And how can you expect her to have a personality or identity when she hasn't even appeared yet!? We only know her as a concept, and since they're keeping her identity a secret, she can't HAVE any defining characteristics until we actually get to see her in action.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry, but Odin not knowing who this imposter is, is straight up Plot Induced Stupidity. No way in hell, does Odin not have the power to figure out who this nameless, and personality challenged woman is.

It's like they are trying SOOOO hard to force this on us. Giving this woman Thor's birth name, making it so Odin cannot tell who it is? The scripture on Thor's hammer literally says that it grants the POWERS OF THOR onto those who are worthy. Not make them become [Frick]ing Thor. He was the god of thunder before he had that damn hammer. It just feels like this is so forced, and horribly executed.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor said:

@teerack said:

Because you know all about why they do things and just assume everything's done in the name of publicity.

And how can you expect her to have a personality or identity when she hasn't even appeared yet!? We only know her as a concept, and since they're keeping her identity a secret, she can't HAVE any defining characteristics until we actually get to see her in action.

If she has identity why she calls herself THOR? Beta Ray Bill was worthy, but never call himself Thor!

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

Shall possess the power of Thor, not become Thor, it's a Scandinavian male birth name, not a mantle!

Original Sin stupid whisper, by one irrelevant character (Nick Fury) to Thor proves that this move was not for the story.

That events also were in a irrelevant event to Thor (Original Sin 7), just to force change with no grounded plot.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 4Thor

@truemarvel: The worse is that, Odin himself apparently by the previews can't also pick mjolnir on the Moon!

Just a publicity stunt with a lot of plot holes, and we are just starting!

No Caption Provided

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor said:

@the_mighty_monarch said:

@4thor said:

@teerack said:

If she has identity why she calls herself THOR? Beta Ray Bill was worthy, but never call himself Thor!

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

Shall possess the power of Thor, not become Thor, it's a Scandinavian male birth name, not a mantle!

Original Sin stupid whisper, by one irrelevant character (Nick Fury) to Thor proves that this move was not for the story.

That events also were in a irrelevant event to Thor (Original Sin 7), just to force change with no grounded plot.

Maybe she takes the name Thor because she doesn't want people to know who she really is. The point is we don't know yet; but that doesn't change the fact that you can't fault her for not having a personality when she hasn't been in any story yet and thus has had no opportunity to show any personality.

Oh, yes, right, Thor lost his worthiness in a event THAT WAS WRITTEN BY THE CURRENT WRITER OF THOR. Jason Aaron wrote 24 issues of Thor, then Original Sin, and will be writing the new series. That looks like a story plan to me.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 4Thor

@the_mighty_monarch:

Jason Aaron has a plan really? only the publicity stunt plan!

No Caption Provided

This is from Original Sin 8, why in this panel Thor still is worthy, when he become unworthy in original Sin 7?

Plan ? Where? in a past interview (below) Aaron said that TGOT 25 and OS 5.5 will give answers, i red both books and no answer, change of plans?

Alonso also said in a past interview that the new Female Thor, will be "Someone close to Thor" if he is not lying like Aaron was, i think she has a birth name (identity) like Jane Foster of Frigg don't you think? This doesn't work like a mantle, because Odinson will always be called Thor it's his birth name, after pick mjolnir the worthy female could go by her own name! Why not? Publicity stunt?

I read everything from marvel that is Asgard related, and if you read all that, and Aaron and Alonso interviews, you will conclude that this was a forced change only for the publicity! No valid plot or plan!

Aaron and Alonso past interviews...

Is this new Thor a character we've met already? Or is she a character we'll meet very soon?

Jason Aaron: Is the question of why Thor is no longer wielding Mjolnir something we'll see answered in books like "Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm?" Or September's "Thor: God of Thunder" #25?

By the time we get to "Thor" #1 you'll have seen the answer to that. You'll see why Thor has become unworthy. We'll talk about that again in "Thor" #1. It's a very new reader-friendly issue, but it's also a continuation of everything I've been doing on "Thor: God of Thunder." So this is not me scrapping all the previous plans I had and starting over. This was kind of the idea from the get go. So everything was always moving towards Thor becoming unworthy and someone else having to pick up that hammer.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54083

I wanted to touch a little bit on the three individual announcements between Thor, Cap and Iron Man -- with "Thor," there's still a lot to be revealed about how the character gets to this place. What do you like about what writer Jason Aaron and artist Russell Dauterman are doing on this book?

Alonso:In "Original Sin," something's going to happen that will mean Thor won't be able pick up the hammer again. But someone's got to, and someone will. Someone close to Thor. We're not going to reveal who that is right away, that's something we're going to tease out, but I will say that it's one of the many women in Thor's life that will become the new Thor. Who they are, why they're worthy, what they do when they become Thor, that's what you're going to learn.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54183

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: Dude.... read the quote from Aaron you just posted:

"So this is not me scrapping all the previous plans I had and starting over. This was kind of the idea from the get go. So everything was always moving towards Thor becoming unworthy and someone else having to pick up that hammer."

You posted a quote that invalidates your own point.

-

"This doesn't work like a mantle, because Odinson will always be called Thor it's his birth name, after pick mjolnir the worthy female could go by her own name! Why not? Publicity stunt?"

That logic does not follow. You're taking some extremely generous leaps. And the picture of Thor with the hammer could be a freaking mistake. If anything it's a plot hole but more likely than not it's just a flub; but a flub in no way connects to this being a stunt. There is no correlation between a single incorrect panel and the change in a character.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_mighty_monarch:

Is this new Thor a character we've met already? Or is she a character we'll meet very soon?

Jason Aaron: Is the question of why Thor is no longer wielding Mjolnir something we'll see answered in books like "Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm?" Or September's "Thor: God of Thunder" #25?

By the time we get to "Thor" #1 you'll have seen the answer to that. You'll see why Thor has become unworthy. We'll talk about that again in "Thor" #1

Do you read Thor books? Did you read TGOT25 or The tenth realm event? that issues will give answers Aaron said! Where are that answers? Change of Plans?

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor said:

@the_mighty_monarch:

By the time we get to "Thor" #1 you'll have seen the answer to that. You'll see why Thor has become unworthy. We'll talk about that again in "Thor" #1

Do you read Thor books? Did you read TGOT25 or The tenth realm event? that issues will give answers Aaron said! Where are that answers? Change of Plans?

We saw 'WHY" Thor became Unworthy, Nick Fury whispered to him something significant; we haven't seen it in detail though. And it doesn't look like Aaron said we'd see it in those issue. That's clearly the question the interviewer asked.

But really, this only creates a discrepency in the time AFTER Female Thor was already announced! He couldn't have changed his plans to include female Thor AFTER IT WAS ALREADY SET IN MOTION! Think for 2 seconds about your logic.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 4Thor

@the_mighty_monarch: don't ignore Aaron answers!

By the time we get to "Thor" #1 you'll have seen the answer to that!

Where is the answer if this was planed from the beginning?

I think the whisper was only to force change and had a lot of backlash, Aaron and marvel are rewriting that crap!

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor said:

Where is the answer if this is planed from the beginning?

I think the whisper was only to force change and had a lot of backlash, Aaron and marvel are rewriting that crap!

WHAT'S THAT? WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS GOING INTO A NEW COMIC BOOK STORY? STOP THE FREAKING PRESSES!

The whisper is they why. THe whisper is why he's Unworthy. How is that not clear? That is the reason why hw's unworthy. Just because we don't know what he whisper doesn't mean Aaron lied. It means he's keeping up some actual suspense so people actually read the damn story!

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 4Thor

@4thor said:

Where is the answer if this is planed from the beginning?

WHAT'S THAT? WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS GOING INTO A NEW COMIC BOOK STORY? STOP THE FREAKING PRESSES!

Aaron was the one that made that statement, not me! Why did he lied if he has a plan from the beginning?

Are you fan of Aaron or Thor?

I m a Thor fan not marvel or Aaron!

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: I'm still failing to see the lie. We know why Thor is Unworthy. We may only have a basic answer, but it's still an answer. We don't know all the details; but what kind of idiot would play their hand before the story is released?

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 4Thor

@4thor: I'm still failing to see the lie. We know why Thor is Unworthy. We may only have a basic answer, but it's still an answer. We don't know all the details; but what kind of idiot would play their hand before the story is released?

Look i understand if you like Jason Aaron he is a good writer he made a fantastic run on TGOT, but i don't see the point of make this change if the book was so good, why to change? Only publicity stuff in my opinion!

This single whisper that seemingly undoes his worthiness; it butchers the entire concepts behind Thor, the concepts of the honorable warrior, of Valhalla, the basis of the existence of Thor and the Aesir.

I don't know why you don't understand that Aaron stated in a interview that in TGOT25 and OS Tenth realm, we will get to know why Thor became unworthy, that didn't happen, Aaron and marvel must change the original plans!

Thor also will lose one arm (:, after read many Thor runs i m disappointed with Aaron and Marvel!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teerack
@4thor said:

@teerack said:

That's a pretty extreme and closed minded assumption....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 4Thor

@teerack: it's just my own opinion, i m a Thor fan yes i make assumptions like everyone else, i think that doesn't go against the freedom of speech!

We still can debate this subject, without your insignificant pics to the topic!

No Caption Provided

What is the difference between Angela as Thor sister, and not call the female that will pick mjolnir by her own name?

I would quote you again also for the new female Thor... it's perfect!!!

This is a mistake brought about my marvel's insecurity in the character to stand up on her own.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teerack

@4thor: I didn't censor what you said so talking about freedom of speech is kind of stupid, and also the constitution doesn't have any weight on the internet so its even more irrelevant.

That was me talking about Angela, because Angela has been a comic character for year and years and years before becoming a part of the Marvel Universe. The connection to Thor wasn't needed and they could have had two unrelated IPs. It would be like if when they brought Constantine into the DC Universe they made him the brother of Batman.

You can try taking my posts and using my out of context words to try and build some sort of point, but to me it only really seems like you don't understand my posts. /shrug

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By 4Thor

@teerack: I understand your posts and argument, but don't you think that Angela best fit in MU is Asgard, i m a big Thor fan and i love this idea Angels should be with Gods! i don't see any other possible plot that explain how she arrive into the MU.

As for the female Thor your quote applies to her, if marvel had security on her, she could go by her birth name, and i was totally ok with it, i have no problem in her being worthy (it's call her Thor), maybe in the future, since i read everything that is Asgard related i also would read her possible spin off, like i will do with Angela Asgard Assassin!, but as marvel put it, i don't see how i can read her future own book...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: I liked the Thor and Loki story they had with Angela and I'm fine with it, but they could have pretty easily just had her be an angel from the tenth realm and then just have her be racist to asgardians and continue on her own adventures from there.

The thing that no one seems to realize when they try to say "Thor isn't a mantle!?!?!?" is that Thor is a super hero. Yes it's his name, but he is also an avenger and a super hero. To people that live in the Marvel Universe Thor is a celebrity and icon. No other god hero has anything close to as much fame as Thor has INSIDE the marvel universe. So It makes sense for a person to get Thor's hammer and power and try to brand themselves Thor the same way Venom(Flash) tried to go by Spider-Man when he first got the black suit, and the same way Kate Bishop took up the name Hawkeye when she became a hero.

My past post is as relevant to this as taking a post of me saying "I like it" and then trying to use it against me when I say "i don't like it" about something not related.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I understand that Marvel can do with their version of Thor what ever they want, but as a reader that has an account in marvel.com digital comics shop, i do not agree with this change and how marvel made it, to me Nick Fury whisper that undoes his worthiness butch the entire concepts behind Thor, the concepts of the honorable warrior, of Valhalla, the basis of the existence of Thor and the Aesir!

I m not asking to marvel always follow the poetic eddas, that wasn't fun, but call Thor to other character it's ridiculous, (in my opinion), because the character as his characteristics well defined outside of comics, and wasn't created by marvel like the examples that you mentioned.

Again not become Thor, B R Bill never call himself Thor.

I respect your opinion and arguments, i just have a different opinion and perception of marvel last moves on the character Thor. :)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: I think that most people would read the hammer quote and then start calling themselves Thor especially if they knew about the past Thor, and I'm speaking in universe logic where Thor is a famous super hero.

Thor will probably still be named Thor you know. This book stars the new girl and the original. It will probably work similar to how Hawkeye stars both Hawkeye and Hawkeye jumping back and forth from Clint and Kate as the main character.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor said:

@truemarvel: The worse is that, Odin himself apparently by the previews can't also pick mjolnir on the Moon!

Just a publicity stunt with a lot of plot holes, and we are just starting!

No Caption Provided

Wait a minute- how can Odin not pick up the hammer? He's freakin' Odin!! he's always been able to lift Mjolnir!! He, Buri & Bor(not to mention Thor) should always be able to lift the hammer. This isn't just crazy, it's kwazy!!

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still buying this

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 4Thor

@winter_kills: I guess Thor past story's in marvel comics aren't important any more, the only thing that is important for marvel at the moment, is force the change for the publicity!

ujustgotpwnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is getting a lot of bad mouthing on it, but I'm still gonna pick this up and give it a try. Wanna see why Thor can't pick it up after what Fury whispered in his ear during Original Sin. I wanna know what was THAT bad to make him drop it and instantly become unworthy. I agree that Odin not knowing her is far fetched as well. Still gonna give it a try. I won't knock it till I tried it.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm going to pick up the first issue, be disgusted by it, put it down and not pick up another Thor comic until the true Odinson is "worthy" again

ujustgotpwnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I did just finish reading it and I have to say as a first issue. It was pretty good. It's hard to say WHO this woman is though. Hell by the way things were going in it I was almost guessing that it was Thor's mother. hahaha. I know that's farfetched but just by the way things played out in it it almost seemed as if that's what was going to be who it was. Anyone else here read it and have any opinions on the "Mystery Woman" who's identity has yet to be revealed?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That logo sucks.

Beata