• 56 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Some of you might recall when we did Preview Theatre videos. You can see past ones HERE. As a last minute decision, and because we're really excited about UNCANNY X-MEN, we thought we'd give the exclusive preview the Preview Theatre treatment.

Will we do more Preview Theatre videos? That's up to you.

Watch it now!

Now if watching video previews isn't your thing, that's fine. Sometimes you just want to stare at a comic book page, right?

Here's the full preview if you want to read along with the vid.

No Caption Provided

THOR #3

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Russell Dauterman

• Lifting the enchanted hammer Mjolnir has transformed a mysterious woman into an all-new version of the mighty Thor.

• But what happens when she's separated from that hammer?

• Plus, Frost Giants! ROXXON! And oh yeah, whatever happened to the guy who used to carry that hammer?

Rated T+

Item Code: OCT140862 In Shops: 12/10/2014 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wonder when we'll find out who she is?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gahhhh, why must you torment me with these epic previews Comicvine ?

You only make the wait for the next chapter that much more longer :(

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hasn't Mjolnir busted much larger things than a vault door? I would think the ability to move at 362933346 times light speed would defeat the door.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: It's not a regular vault door, mentioned in issue #2. They have a "Vibranium core with Adamantium plating."

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This has been a very engaging story so far and I look forward to the next installment

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story should just end with her getting eaten, goodbye Lady Thor!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Still to long I want it now :(

SWagner017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just the door that is made of Vibranium/Adamantium or is the entire room surrounded by it? I would assume the whole room would have to be too, but only the door keeps getting mentioned...reroute Mjolnir!

Xframe29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha! Love this feature. Excellent voice work on Thor. :)

all_father2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well done, save for the male voice sounding like Grover from Sesame Street! Lady Thor was spot on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the idea of her being "a Thor". There is only one Thor. Hopefully Thor shows up and saves her, since I know they won't kill her off yet.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

The story has been good so far and pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to the next release.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Serious question, what are/were your thoughts on the members of the Thor Corps? The great thing about this character change happening is we're not losing the character we knew as Thor. It's not like when Cap or Batman died and were replaced. So at least there's that. I see this as a temporary thing and a chance to see a cool 'new' character.

DDevil2887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DDevil2887

I think that is pretty obviously Thor's mother. First, it can't be any human people like Jane Foster because she can't breathe on the moon and she has no hair at the moment because she is fighting cancer. Thor's mother has blonde hair and she had the means to grab it. Also, she declared that she would be willing to go to war to defend Midgard from the Frost giants, so her attitude is in the defense of the Earth. Her jabbed at Malekith about his children beginning fatherless is something I would think mother would say because a mother is usually concerned for their children. I think these are pretty substantial hints.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddevil2887: She didn't seem to know that much about Mjolnir. Plus when she 'thinks' it's normal text. When she talks, it's fancy/Asgardian text.

Munin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Munin

@g_man said:

@jayc1324: Serious question, what are/were your thoughts on the members of the Thor Corps? The great thing about this character change happening is we're not losing the character we knew as Thor. It's not like when Cap or Batman died and were replaced. So at least there's that. I see this as a temporary thing and a chance to see a cool 'new' character.

None of the previous wielders of Mjolnir were called Thor, even Thunderstrike (Eric Masterson), was mortally wounded by Mongoose, and is given Thor's form and powers after the original is sealed in Eric's mind, by Odin, to save Eric's life!

If it's ridiculous to call Agent Roz Solomon "Thor" just because she has the hammer, it's even more ridiculous how marvel and Aaron now just call the real Thor by "Odinson"! Serious question why did he lose his name?

New Avengers 27 and Angela Asgard's Assassin 1

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

There is a lot of plot induced stupidity in this book, that most people chose to ignore, because she is female, and this change had mainstream attention, but why Agent Roz became blond after being worthy of mjolnir? she is not blond! Since when in Thor canon, mjolnir makes your physical characteristics change to look like the Original Thor? BETA RAY BILL!

No Caption Provided

Steve Rogers in 2010 "Fear Itself" event, didn't even get the Asgardian Armour!

No Caption Provided

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Winter_Kills

The story should just end with her getting eaten, goodbye Lady Thor!

No Caption Provided

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By doombot890
No Caption Provided

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has already turned out to be a very strong book already. The momentum and attention is great.

_Genesis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like the new Thor

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have to say so far this Thor is quite good and not boring.

SWagner017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many glasses of water did you require doing the voices @g_man?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gmanfromheck

@swagner017: Oh man, those stupid Frost Giants kinda hurt my throat. For real. Believe it or not, I did a few different takes with them. Couldn't find the right combination I liked.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Females belong fetching the mead ! amirite? Up top *holds my hand up* (sarcasm)

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This stunt seems to be proceeding as expected. Give her someone easy to fight and make it look like a hard fight. "A Thor"? Well why not, they've franchised the Avengers so that everyone who isn't an X-men can be an Avenger, I guess anyone can be a Thor now that they are tossing the old one away.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I actually like Beta Ray Bill but I was not a fan of Thor Corps. I just don't like the idea of someone becoming the "new Thor" or "future Thor" because they're worthy of mjolnir.

And yeah, it is a chance to see a cool new character, but there's just some things about it that are annoying to me, like the way it was advertised, Thor being easily beaten by Malekith and some frost giants, and the fact that we won't get to see Thor doing awesome things anymore like fighting Gorr or Old King Thor and Galactus. Everytime I see Old King Thor I'm going to be reminded that he lost his arm to Malekith, of all people, a magical elf. He's better than that. I'm still buying the book every month but I'm kind of just waiting for this whole thing to be over.

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nj06

Why can't the hammer get thru the door? Is the door made of adamantium or is it enchanted?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nj06: Read a few posts up. "Vibranium core with Adamantium plating."

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does her arm on the cover looks weird? I guess its realistic. But it looks like the hammer is heavy. Which made question, does mjolnir make the hammer light to the worthy, or makes it possible to lift but still has the weight of a heavy hammer?

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does her arm on the cover looks weird? I guess its realistic. But it looks like the hammer is heavy. Which made question, does mjolnir make the hammer light to the worthy, or makes it possible to lift but still has the weight of a heavy hammer?

Well if we go with the dimensions in illustration and it's made from what it says in the tin I.E meteor iron forged in a sun by the Dvergir or sum such... It should be around 50 kilo hammer and that's the weight of a decent anvil (or 4 large sledges) because meteor iron is noticeably heavier than normal iron due to impurities.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superior_prime_maybe said:

Well if we go with the dimensions in illustration and it's made from what it says in the tin I.E meteor iron forged in a sun by the Dvergir or sum such... It should be around 50 kilo hammer and that's the weight of a decent anvil (or 4 large sledges) because meteor iron is noticeably heavier than normal iron due to impurities.

But the hammer says the worthy shall posses power of Thor, so she gets God Strength as well?

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Winter_Kills

@jayc1324 said:

I don't like the idea of her being "a Thor". There is only one Thor. Hopefully Thor shows up and saves her, since I know they won't kill her off yet.

No Caption Provided

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jeez, I'm surprised there are still female Thor-haters. The fricken hammer says "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." and so, for whatever reason, she can hold it and thus she possesses the power of Thor and swiped his name. Not that hard to understand.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis: don't be surprised. Quite honestly the story sucks. She has no charisma. She comes off as Darcy from the movies who we all want Ultron to vaporize (please!!!!!!) The things she does make no sense unless you factor in that the hammer is doing everything so she is useless. Yeah. Us "haters" will be around til she's gone and the REAL badass God of Thunder comes back hopefully under a new good writer who knows what he or she is doing.

comicsdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By comicsdude

Nicely done @g_man! Keep up the great work! Thanks for all you do!!

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: all due respect.....what do you mean "we're not losing the character we know as Thor?" Ummm....his name has been stolen. Odinson now? His powers taken and his role in the MU??! He's hardly even been seen. Being alive through this ordeal, the real Thor would be out hunting for Malekith to avenge himself yet he just seems to have forgiven and forgotten and is content with his fake stupid arm. REALLY?! "We still have the character we know as thor???" Whatever.

And what "cool new character?" A forced rip off with all the charm of a dumb water buffalo who is lead around by a now sentient hammer? She's not cool. Shes a waste of time. I also love how aaron omits all the negative letters from his letters page. There must be barrages of negative letters arriving daily but he only puts out what makes him feel good. One letter from a girl said that the female thor will be the only thor for her forever. Well honey enjoy it cuz no matter what only the male and real Thor will last forever. That little wench is gonna go the way of the dinosaur without the fossils to remember her by!

Kcq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis said:

Jeez, I'm surprised there are still female Thor-haters. The fricken hammer says "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." and so, for whatever reason, she can hold it and thus she possesses the power of Thor and swiped his name. Not that hard to understand.

I bet you never read any Thor book before this change!

Beta Ray Bill was worthy of mjolnir but never was Thor!

So you are saying that because she is female she has to steal Thor's name, because she can't go by her own identity!

shall possess the power of Thor, not become Thor!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mark_Stephen

Truthfully I might be a bit more interested or sympathetic to this storyline if Marvel weren't pricing it at 3.99 and tossing a long favored character under the bus, showing that he's pretty much a looser so they can show how really good this new character is. I know I'm pre-judging a bit, but given the way I feel that marvel has trashed all of it's characters in the past few years -turned Tony Stark into a villain, She-Hulk into a wimp, Sue into a doormat and then the way Dr. Strange casually murdered some heroes- I'm just not going to gamble 3.99 times 8 or 10 (the number of issues that it might take to turn this into a full story) on the off chance that they actually respect the character of Thor (The real one who is male) and do something constructive with him. Marvel goes out of it's way to destroy characters if I'm going to read that sort of story I'll wait until it hits the dollar bin in the comic book shows.

By the way if Roxxon were that good at building walls they should have been able to take the hammer out a long time ago.

StarOfElyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts. c:

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

This was totally worth watching. Can't wait for issue 3. G Man's Malekith sounded like a cross between Christopher Walken and some else I can't place, perhaps Paul Reubens? Loved the washing machine as Mjolnir credit.

sturmritter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't understand why Marvel thought making Thor a goddess, instead of the God he's been for.....ever, was a good idea.

I haven't bought the title, and I only post here to let people know that the haters are gonna hate....so I'm gonna shake off all the "open minded" responses that inevitably will come. Just remember, Having too much of an "open mind" means your brains can fall out, if you aren't careful.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By youmessinwithme

@mark_stephen:

when Eric masterson wields the enchanted Mace made by Odin called Thunderstrike he takes the same name, Thunderstike.

When Eric Masterson wielded Mjolnir and Served on the avengers as the only Thor on earth (the real Thor was busy being the prince of asgard) before he became Thunderstike, his superhero Identity was just Thor.

it makes perfect sense for her to be called Thor since we don't actually have a real name yet. Obviously her real name isn't going to be Thor, just like Eric Masterson didn't change his actual name to Thor, But it makes sense why that would be her Superhero identity, especially since there is already a Thor girl.

Also What happened to the days when Thor was really powerful even without his hammer? and so were the hammer wielders? Eric masterson takes it to an empowered Thanos with his bare hands. and since the Hammer only gives you the "power of Thor" it makes no sense that Thor(Odinson) or the new Thor (ladyThor) can't easily deal with only a few frost giants when Thor has been able to take on whole armies of frost giants in the past.