gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Haven't watched a Preview Theater video in ages. Not been keeping up to date with most of the Batman titles lately. Do I need to read comics like We Are Robin to understand what is going on in Robin War? Obviously, The Court of Owls are somewhat in involved in this, so I am definitely interested in this crossover event.

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't thought think this scene was meant to be funny, but I sure laugh my ass off through it all because of those dumb voice overs you guys did.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickxh: You could probably get by. A group of kids have been brought together to be "Robin" on the streets of Gotham. They're getting some assistance with gear but that's about it so far. We'll have another Preview Theatre for GRAYSON #15 today that shows a little more of what's going on.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By entropy_aegis

@nickxh said:

Haven't watched a Preview Theater video in ages. Not been keeping up to date with most of the Batman titles lately. Do I need to read comics like We Are Robin to understand what is going on in Robin War? Obviously, The Court of Owls are somewhat in involved in this, so I am definitely interested in this crossover event.

The 2 one shots,December issues of Grayson,Robin Son of Batman,Detective comics and We Are Robin are all that's required. Teen Titans,Gotham Academy and Red Hood/Arsenal issues of that month will act as tie inns but they're avoidable.

It's a 6 issue event really. I expect Grayson to be the main star as King and Seeley together are writing half of this event, there will probably be nod of legitimacy to the WAR group as well. Tim and Jason will probably be the token characters, Damian I cant be sure about but King likes him and Tomasi is involved so there's that.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YESSSS PREVIEW THEATRE TIME.. i always appreciate the work that goes into these.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is odd. Will there be a regular preview being posted today, or will that come in two weeks?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I had almost forgotten preview theater existed.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By 2cool4fun

So glad this is back.

Also the preview just makes me even more certain that "We Are Robin" is a bad thing. The Batman universe is already crammed, these kids are completely unneeded, when we have more important characters like Batwoman & Batwing completely ignored. ( Does anyone even still remember Talon? ) And what happened to Azrael? He used to be important.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rurgandy: I'll try to post the full previews for this and GRAYSON #15 tomorrow on the news/preview page. I understand the video presentation isn't for everyone or sometimes some panels can get a little difficult to see. So check back tomorrow!

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Excellent video! So excited for Robin War.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: It is pretty packed... it's still a good series though. Most likely too no one will really be remembered by the end of the series. Except maybe Duke Thomas (who IMO should be the next/only robin)

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@kid_jakeriv: I think 4 Robin's is enough, we should stop before we hit over 10 partners for batman, and I feel like his son is the best plays to stop.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: I get that but let's be honest there will always be a new robin. Some writer will want to take Damian out of the Robin stuff and expand his character. The only way to fix the whole too many robin stuff, is to fade out the old ones (Jason Todd, Tim, maybe Dick) I don't mean fade out of comics but out of the Batman mythos. Especially Jason he has a lot of potential that can be used outside of batman.