Preview Theatre: AVENGERS ULTRON FOREVER #1

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

This week for one of our exclusive preview from Marvel, we decided to give it the Preview Theatre treatment (you can see plenty more HERE). In AVENGERS: ULTRON FOREVER, the future isn't doing to well. The threat of Ultron continues to exist beyond today's heroes. In this preview, we get an idea of how they will be brought together in the first issue.

Check out the video.

If watching videos isn't your thing or if you're at a place where you're supposed to be "working" and can't watch videos, you do have another option. Sometimes a closer look at a page or panel is called for. For now, here's the regular version of the preview for your enjoyment. If you haven't watched, be sure to check it out later.

No Caption Provided

AVENGERS: ULTRON FOREVER #1

(W) Al Ewing (A/CA) Alan Davis, Mark Farmer

PART 1 OF 3 - THE START OF A THREE-PART AVENGERS EVENT!

• 500 years into the future, Ultron has won. Humanity is all but extinct - dead or enslaved by the Ultron Singularity.

• Now, seven Avengers are brought through time by Doctor Doom to battle the machine god for the fate of the cosmos... or die trying!

• It begins here - an epic adventure spanning the past and future of the Avengers!

Rated T+

Item Code: FEB150697In Shops: 4/1/2015SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ruroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ruroken

I forgot this was happening. Along with the Ultron OGN that Remender is writing. All this Ultron love...makes wonder if maybe there is a movie or something featuring him coming soon?!

Also, Tony I'm loving the voices it was like listening to a French Kermit the Frog with a bit of Yoda tossed in for good measure. And what was the music at the beginning and end? Always love me some bassoon!

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sentryman555

The dialogue in the preview is pretty bad imo. The golden skull already knows who she is. So why does she feel the need to explain her whole character to him? I get its for us readers to know who she is but I would've preferred that in a narrative rather than her clunkingly saying it.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

(+)

wrongdamnside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a bit confused, did she day moms or am I reading that wrong?

Chrisgonzo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(She said "Moms" kinda like how Luke would speak) Dani is CAPTAIN AMERICA :):):):):) I'm excited!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dialogue in the preview is pretty bad imo. The golden skull already knows who she is. So why does she feel the need to explain her whole character to him? I get its for us readers to know who she is but I would've preferred that in a narrative rather than her clunkingly saying it.

Old school, no?)

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

-_-

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wmarshal

Yeah this scene makes no scene, she is a superhero, these guys should now her power set unless this her first superhero day.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like how helium is priceless by this point in history. Nice touch.

That "moms" line was kind of cringe worthy, though. lol

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Excellent, as always!

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a no from me.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Male Thor and Female Thor at the same time?!? Blasphemy!!!

Seriously though, this is how it should go imo. I no longer support killing off a Thor, just make them both Thor and let it go from there. Though if they do that then Thor should be either a title or middle name, and they should go by their first names. Isn't male Thor's first name Snortblatt? I read that somewhere I think.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

BADASS

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Respect for Alan Davis and the work he has done over a long career, just not a fan of his style.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

No.

ReverendHunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReverendHunt

O sh!t Danni Cage is Captain America.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I refer to my mother I often say "My moms". You can even say "Your pops". I happen to be an African American raised in the inner city. This is where you might encounter such word usage.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It makes me sad they keep doing Ultron stories with Alan Davis art. :(

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

Awesome. Can't wait to get this issue.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I was waiting to see who did Danni's voice. I'm impressed, @g_man :)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@mk5: Thanks. I normally try to avoid previews with female characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackcobalt: @rubear: That's very true. I wasn't really thinking of it as a kind of throwback. Makes a lot more sense in that context.

Derpster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm just waiting for Marvel to bring Wolverine back... Just give him a solo and part of the Wolverines. No X-Men or Avengers.

Gelgoogman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryman555: The one goon clearly didn't know seeing as he thought she was defenseless without the shield. Besides, she was talking to him as much as to the reader.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I am totally picking this up. Just the fact Alan Davis is drawing it is enough for me. He is amazing. One of the best artists out there.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

Luke and Jessica would be proud

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

It's the man of 1000 voices!

TieDyeBowtie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This many kids being on the team seems... Odd. Miles and Sam, maybe, because they have a fair amount of experience. But Kamala? She's been a hero for less than a year...

Plus, like the article's brought up, all the kids are busy enough as it is with their current hero occupations AND things like family and school. For the others on the team, I.E. Cap, Thor, and Vision... Being a superhero IS their job. It seems irresponsible to have the kids:

A.) Have them miss out on their schoolwork.

B.) Have their family constantly worry about them being killed in the field of battle.

Really, for superheroing, the kids have their hands full being heroes by THEMSELVES, let alone having to do a commute to New York every so often to check in with the world's premiere superhero team.

Hell, Nova has to save the universe every so often. And I'm willing to bet his English project would take more time than that, sometimes.

Really, there's no shortage of capable heroes. Like Peter, Carol Danvers, and other adults with more experience.

--

That being said, the kids here are my favorite individual characters on the list. Sam Cap is kinda boring to me, I've never read Thor (but what I hear isn't too great, even when ignoring the anti-feminists), I've never really cared about Vision, and I dunno who's in the Iron Man suit (so I can't say anything about that). Nova's a lot of fun, Miles is always great, and Kamala is pretty enjoyable too. I'm interested to see how they'll rationalize the kids being on the team, but I have faith it'll be a good book even if they come up with some excuse. I'm really looking forward to this, and I'm pulling it the second it hits store shelves. (Could it kill you to comeup with a different name, though? )