• 66 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36405 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #17 is still four weeks away, but it's never too soon to look at Ryan Stegman's art, is it? Marvel has released a preview of the issue and it's a big one. Why? Because it has the return of Spider-Man 2099! How has Miguel O'Hara made it here? SpOck wants to find out and apparently he's not going to be too gentle about it.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #17

Marvel pleased to present your first look at Superior Spider-Man #17, from critically acclaimed creative team of Dan Slott and Ryan Stegman! Because YOU demanded it, Spider-Man 2099 is back! From the splintered fringes of time, how has Miguel O’Hara arrived on a suicide mission that could forever change the Marvel Universe? The Superior Spider-Man wants answers—and he’s not going to ask for them nicely. As the web-slingers come to Earth-shattering blows, the battle for the century starts now! But when the dust settles, will there still be a future worth fighting for? This September, history is rewritten in Superior Spider-Man #17!

Written by Dan Slott

Art & Cover by Ryan Stegman

On Sale 09/14/13

Staff
#1 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

looks cool. So is Miguel more tech based than Peter?

#2 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of annoyed when Marvel says critically acclaimed and most talked about series etc. it's not always true. This looks cool.

#3 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (363 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like Miguel most out of all Spider-Men. I would even read a Spider-man ongoing,if it was Spider-man 2099.

#4 Edited by Revendawn (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Ryan Stegman's art in ways that are equal parts unnatural and sad.

...also he draws the eyes on the new costumes super reflective, to the point where they don't seem black, which is nice, because I love his new costume except for the eyes.

#5 Posted by flazam (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#6 Posted by iaconpoint (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

New Spidey 2099 series and I'm in, regular time or not. Unless of course it's written by Dan Slott. Then it might be Vulture 2099 or Doom 2099 in Miguel's body...

#7 Edited by kagato (246 posts) - - Show Bio

So if Miguel is from the future he will know that this is the time period when Doc Ock took over Parkers body right? Im assuming something that huge would be known by any future spidermen but im not even sure how Spiderman 2099 plugs into the standard universe. Is it like Batman Beyond or is it an alternate universe?

edit - also, i seriously love Stegmans art, how does he make the pencils sing so beautifully?

#8 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32689 posts) - - Show Bio

I guarantee Slott kills Miguel off

#9 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7582 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, nice to see 2099 back in action.

#10 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson: no. quite the opposite. natural webshooting, fangs, claws. but dont get too attached. slott is writing.

#11 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the guy whom Green Goblin is fighting?

#12 Posted by slimchin23 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

am i the only one that thinks Ryan's art work is different.

#13 Posted by Poncho (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Stegman art is kindof redundant. Ryan Stegman is art.

#14 Posted by Spiderslike (652 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this is the original Miguel O'Hara or his rebooted version?

#15 Posted by frogdog (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter David will not approve of Slott's shenanigans

#16 Posted by wmwadeii (3219 posts) - - Show Bio

In O'Hara's time doesn't he know that Parker was Spider-Man, therefore if it was ever revealed that Doc took over Spidey and Peter never got his body back, the history would have reflected this.

#17 Posted by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@wmwadeii: I thought Miguel was kinda like Cable were he exist outside of time.

#18 Posted by M1cAL (60 posts) - - Show Bio

that first image with SpOck just chillin there underneath, gave me a chill

#19 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Baron_BJ (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that this is the "real" Spider-Man 2099 and not that failure from Timestorm 2009-2099, that thing was an atrocity. Although, if it's a "real" version of Miguel then I wonder what period in his story he'll be ripped from; especially since in his own series he never had a real status quo, he kept moving, but I guess I can live with any version that isn't post world-flood because F*** that S***.

#21 Posted by CaptainHoopla (885 posts) - - Show Bio

I really miss Stegman's art on Scarlet Spider.

#22 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that this how Peter is brought back, at the end of this. And maybe this has something to do with the effects from Age of Ultron.

#23 Posted by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really a fan of the pencilings here, but something the colourist does really catches my eye, hard to think of too many other books that do that for me!

#24 Posted by Blues32 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting indeed...hope Miguel smacks the crap out of SpOck. Cocky bastard deserves a serious spanking.

Hmm...could that be Gabriel Stacy that Green Goblin is fighting? They're wearing a Goblin costume...and it's grey. No wings, so it's not Phil Urich...hope it's not someone new. We've enough goblins at the moment.

#25 Posted by 8008S (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the solicit claims there's an Osborn "you have not seen in a while" so yeah, most likely Gabriel.

#26 Edited by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@8008s said:

Well the solicit claims there's an Osborn "you have not seen in a while" so yeah, most likely Gabriel.

That'd be fun.....

#27 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@blues32: I dont know what to think....i'm not even sure on if Norman is Green Goblin in this....

#28 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2611 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who don't know, the 2099 universe is basically a big "What If?" kind of universe that's a part of Marvel's ever growing list of alternate time-line universes. That being said technically Miguel could stay in the past indefinitely as he's technically just from a different universe. Same way it works with Cable.

#29 Posted by Spiderslike (652 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Can't deny I miss the original but I wanted them to do more with the rebooted version oh well

#30 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Men 2

#31 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by nappystr8 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a sucker for 2099, so I'll pick up this arc. Can't be worse than Timestorm was.

#33 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

I think soon Peter is going to lose his job at Horizon.

Also I think it is interesting that the two are going to meet cause I think they would have many things kind of in common.

third, Does anyone else get the feeling Peter is going to fake his own death so he can focus on being spider-man?

#34 Edited by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2099 is one of the reasons I got out of comics in the 90's. I hope he gets beaten down for nearly destroying my love of comics. Even as a kid I thought the idea was kind of lame but who knows maybe I'll like this take on the character. Superior has not let me down yet.

#35 Posted by iceman228433 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man god I can't wait for this

#36 Posted by stetson12 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks magnificent

#37 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this, especially being a Spider-man fan and being named Miguel, I always enjoyed SM 2099. I doubt Slott will kill him off though, as I see him possibly being utilized in the future again. And to answer a few questions:

1. Yes he's from an alternate/possible future. He knows Spider-man is Peter Parker and they've met before. Since it's an alternate future, it's possible in his universe/timeline that Doc Ock never took over Peter's body, so he wouldn't know of that.

2. Yes this is a result of Age of Ultron, which I thought was pretty obvious from the last pages of the event showing images of the 2099 universe.

I'm rather curious to see how Doc Ock handles this as he no longer has access to Peter's memories and Spider-man 2099 isn't someone he can just look up or a lot of people would know about. Total wildcard that I think will unravel things a bit further for Doc Ock.

#38 Edited by flazam (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this art

#39 Edited by Ostyo (6691 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (545 posts) - - Show Bio

am i the only one that thinks Ryan's art work is different.

yeah new inker

#41 Posted by tigerex78 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Superior Spiderman's costume look more and more like Ben Reilly? This might be the only Superior comic I read just because of Miguel O'Hara being in it. I haven't been a fan of the Superior title and the reviews and so forth have not been of any interest to me. I may read this and then wait until they bring the real Spider-man back.

#42 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezmero said:

Spider-Man 2099 is one of the reasons I got out of comics in the 90's. I hope he gets beaten down for nearly destroying my love of comics. Even as a kid I thought the idea was kind of lame but who knows maybe I'll like this take on the character. Superior has not let me down yet.

did you actually read Spider-man 2099?

#43 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (985 posts) - - Show Bio

@kagato: Not sure if Miguel was a Spider-man historian, but if I recall his adventures the creators where the ones establihing links to the past, i.e creating futue based villains like HOBGOBLIN and the such, but Miguel rarely drew inspiration from Parker's exploits, if he knew about him at all.

#44 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this is the original Miguel O'Hara or his rebooted version?

There's a rebooted version?

#45 Edited by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

@kagato: Not sure if Miguel was a Spider-man historian, but if I recall his adventures the creators where the ones establihing links to the past, i.e creating futue based villains like HOBGOBLIN and the such, but Miguel rarely drew inspiration from Parker's exploits, if he knew about him at all.

no one was really a Spider-man historian....there was some sort of event in 2099's past where almost historical data was destroyed and ended the Age of Heroes....they knew that these heroes existed but there wasn't much else known besides that

#46 Posted by captain_oblivious (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@idontlikebirds: But is Miguel still in the 2099 universe? I thought in Exiles he got moved to a different universe and settled down?

#47 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_oblivious: Not sure, didn't follow The Exiles. For all we know, he went back or something. I only followed the actual Spider-man 2099 series, his crossover with 616 Spider-man and some of the other 2099 series.

#48 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6013 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty excited for this even though I never read Spiderman 2099

#49 Posted by Spiderslike (652 posts) - - Show Bio

@facemelter88: yeah back in 2009 they had an alternate 2099 universe where a lot was changed especially Miguel

#50 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6963 posts) - - Show Bio

And then he puts Peter's memories in Miguel's body! More brain-swap nightmares because it's cool and edgy!