Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

STORM #6

(W) Greg Pak (A) Alejandro Barrionuevo (CA) Stephanie Hans

• Finishing her business with Yukio in Las Vegas, Storm hitches a flight home.

• But unbeknownst to her, she's got some stowaways in her carry-on luggage: vengeful assassins armed to the teeth!

• And they intend to make sure Storm doesn't reach her destination...

Rated T+

Item Code: OCT140895In Shops: 12/17/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SteamPunk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By SteamPunk001

(Facepalms at that last panel) There's always one, isn't there? There's always one idiot who can't keep their stupid mouths shut and keep their prejudices to themselves for some moronic reason. You'd think that people would've learned not to do that by now, especially given the fact that the mutant in question can alter the weather at her leisure, say nothing of her selfless service and sacrifice for the sake of the whole of mankind on multiple occasions.

Lady, this woman has saved the world more times than anyone could count, fought monsters and villains with enough power to level continents/worlds, endured countless atrocities at the hands of people like the Shadow King, and even put up with morons like you who have the gall to stand there and act like they're better than her. So you shut your word-hole, and show her the respect she deserves. Either grow the Hell up and get over it, or get off the damn plane! (Takes a deep breath) Sorry about that, guys. Just had to get that out of my system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Storm with sunglasses = badass

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Even the most ardent supporter of the movement would have to admit, the dialogue here is pretty terrible. I was actually waiting for the screen to go black and Angelina Jolie to walk out and give a speech on being a donor. "Wow...that's a lot...of heroes."...

I get it, no matter the story or the art some people will "live for this" because he is the main character of the book, but man, I feel bad for those trying to convince others to spend $5.00 a month on this. Unless they are finding people who do not actually read the book this is a prime example of why sales are where they are for this (and yes, I have read the other issues on the shelf at my LCS, though my main store is now doing a by order only on it and no longer carrying shelf copies...but I personally would not plunk a penny on the table for it). #savestorm...dude, nah.

bud_morries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I don't know about this comic book so far. I feel as if her and Wolverine weren't a good couple and I think that she and the Black Panther or Forge or even Nightcrawler make a more natural match for her. That being said, the writing on this comic book is so so. I'd like to see her fight another elemental like say Crystal. She needs a knock down drag out fight and so far, I'm not seeing it

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nice to see some support for organ donation. Random old white lady jumping up and getting all stupid is stupid. Lemme guess, the next panel is going to have Ororo's new friend stand up for her, reminding us that not all base humans are awful.

Plus, aren't they called Typhoons in the Philippines? Or Cyclones? I thought hurricanes were distinctive to the Atlantic Ocean.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jhazzroucher

Yeah! Philippines is mentioned! :)

@ms-lola said:

Nice to see some support for organ donation. Random old white lady jumping up and getting all stupid is stupid. Lemme guess, the next panel is going to have Ororo's new friend stand up for her, reminding us that not all base humans are awful.

Plus, aren't they called Typhoons in the Philippines? Or Cyclones? I thought hurricanes were distinctive to the Atlantic Ocean.

You're right. We call it typhoons. Not sure about the difference between a hurricane and a typhoon.
this link says: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Hurricane_vs_Typhoon
"A cyclone is any mass of air that spirals around a low pressure center. It is an organized collection of thunderstorms embedded in a swirling mass of air. In general, both typhoons and hurricanes are tropical cyclones but differ in their locations. The difference between hurricane and typhoon is that tropical cyclones in the west Pacific are called Typhoons and those in the Atlantic and east Pacific Ocean are called Hurricanes. It's the longitude that matters."
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This issue was pretty good for me. I did enjoy the aerial fight scenes as well as Storm's big feat. The writing to me was decent but it is no where near as "terrible" as Daymare makes it seem. I can see the momentum beginning to pick up with the book so the storyline will definitely be more enticing as it progress. I'm definitely interested in this new villain that will appear next issue. However she appears to be a woman of power, figuratively, than an elemental such as Crystal. I would love to see Storm go head to head with someone that can match or even surpass her overall raw power. That way she would have to rely on her skill and craftiness more.