Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

SPIDEY #1

(W) Robert P. Thompson (A/CA) Nick Bradshaw

Think you know everything about Peter Parker's early days? Think again. It's action, adventure and a rip-roaring romp in classic Marvel style as SPIDEY swings onto shelves this winter! Featuring adventures from throughout the web-slinging wonder's younger years, it's a return to the days of overdue homework, not knowing how to talk to girls (or anybody, really) and just a plenty of danger. Witness some of Spidey's earliest tangles with the likes of DOC OCK, SANDMAN and a host of other unexpected guests!

Rated T

Item Code: OCT150779In Shops: 12/2/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We already have Utimate Spider-Man

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of confused on something... why does Marvel do this.(DC does this too I'm not just saying Marvel) Marvel is trying to get us to like the new direction Peter is going in, and giving us Miles Morales (who is still going to high school). This completely undermines both of those things. Then they wonder why their fans get mad when something new happens, because even they don't commit to the new stuff. I'm not complaining really, I do plan to buy this. It just does not make any sense to me.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Child_of_the_Past

@kid_jakeriv: They knew people would complain about Amazing Spider-Man and they knew people would complain about Miles being the Spidey of 616 New-York. They were right on both counts and this book is to satiate those fans who want a Peter Parker Spidey series, were he is still struggling with everyday problem while saving the city. People are definitely gonna buy the other books so at this rate Marvel gets to make more money buy pleasing/satiating everyone.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past: I fully get that they're a business they want to make money. It just kind of ticks me off, because it just feels like characters like Miles Morales (who I fully support) are a money grab. I feel like they should just say screw this is an all new marvel like we were saying. But it is a business so... yeah

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_jakeriv: I get that but when you people threatening to boycott you company over every little change you can imagine that these companies would be a little gun- shy about making any series changes. Also, I wasn't implying that Miles' book was a cash grab. He clearly has his fair share of fans and was the single reason why the Ultimate universe didn't die off until recently.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past: oh you didn't imply that it's just how I feels to me sometimes. You are right about Miles being the reason the Ultimate Universe lasted so long.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_jakeriv: I hope that helps lift your spirits about the whole thing. I would honestly be more concerned about the other Spider-related books. 2099. Web-Warriors, and Spider-Gwen are practically redundant imo.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They got both Gwen and Stacey in this reboot but no Felicia I noticed

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks Good

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Catty_Spider1

@currentthor2015: Then what are MJ and Gwen doing in it. They didn't meet Peter till he was at college

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By RavenKingXXX

@catty_spider1: some times that may be the case and sometimes it isn't. It depends on the writer mostly. And since Thompson got it first, he gets to make the bedrock, so Gwen and mj are staying in high school.

Also I'm pretty sure Pete knew them before college, I'm no spidy expert but I'm fairly sure about this.

DoctorWJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@currentthor2015: It is. At the time mainstream Peter Parker was young, selfie culture wasn't a thing.

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctorwj: It's not a reboot as in they are not erasing past continuity is what I ment. Just showing a period in his life that wasnt shown in the first bunch of issues in the old ASM at the start.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenkingxxx: I can assure you 100% that Peter did not meet or know either until he was in college.

Though MJ is mentioned previously nethier he or the reader see her.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctorwj said:

@currentthor2015: It is. At the time mainstream Peter Parker was young, selfie culture wasn't a thing.

I was thinking the same thing soon as I saw those hashtags.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you expect people to take your canon seriously if you keep changing it for no reason.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this an attempt to promote the upcoming movie in any way?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Oh dear LORD will people stop complaining about this!!! We get to have Peter being the Spider-Man we WANT! And with all the changes having the Ultimate Universe merging with 616 this could be a good way to show what's still canon. A series set in the past? COULD show what small changes have happened in the past since while this isn't a rebooted universe..... We'd be fools to think NOTHING changed in the slightest.

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: Sums it up pretty well. I'll definitely check out an issue or two of this. I think it will go pretty well with ANAD Amazing Spider-Man

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: Sums it up pretty well. I'll definitely check out an issue or two of this. I think it will go pretty well with ANAD Amazing Spider-Man

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#24  Edited By The Impersonator

It looks amazing.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont get what people dont understand about this. Its like Untold Tales of Spidey. Its untold tales. Hes not back in high school or anything.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this 616 Peter or someone else because Peter didn't have half of this shit back then. I don't think this going beat Utimate Spider-Man. But I will still give it a try.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of confused on something... why does Marvel do this.(DC does this too I'm not just saying Marvel) Marvel is trying to get us to like the new direction Peter is going in, and giving us Miles Morales (who is still going to high school). This completely undermines both of those things. Then they wonder why their fans get mad when something new happens, because even they don't commit to the new stuff. I'm not complaining really, I do plan to buy this. It just does not make any sense to me.

they are covering all their bases.

They have an adult successful peter for the people who complain that they don't let their character develop

Then have ultimate spider-man for the people who like ultimate,

they have ultimate peter Alive and well off doing his own thing...except for the fact he probably was part of the characters who werent saved and imported to the new universe for the people who like peter

and now they have this for people who like ultimate spider-man but hate miles.

if anyone complains about one comic, they can easily say "ahh you dont like the direction of amazing spider-man? well let me direct you to one of our many other titles! :D $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you expect people to take your canon seriously if you keep changing it for no reason.

i thought these were just prequel type stories when he first started out, like ultimate spider-man .... and now everyone who was upset ultimate peter stopped being spider-man can read this

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this 616 Peter or someone else because Peter didn't have half of this shit back then. I don't think this going beat Utimate Spider-Man. But I will still give it a try.

This is Peter's early days in the 616. Since Peter is going to be in Civil War as a highschool student, it's obvious Marvel is releasing this title to coincide with it. It will fit in continuity and most likely retcon some things to fit the purpose of story.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@stellar421 said:

i thought these were just prequel type stories when he first started out, like ultimate spider-man .... and now everyone who was upset ultimate peter stopped being spider-man can read this

Which is a nice idea, except he didn't know MJ in high school and there definitely wasn't a hashtag rage when Pete was in high school.

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticdwanyemcduffie: Its 616 but just untold story's from spider-man i guess like a monster of the week type of thing.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simple. Peter>>>>>>>Miles. No other need to elaborate.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By w0nd

@stellar421: the retconned the mj thing. He knew her in highschool along with gwen. She tried to console him after her death

I guess they modernized the highschool thing...like ultimate spiderman when it first came out.

DoctorWJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctorwj: It's not a reboot as in they are not erasing past continuity is what I ment. Just showing a period in his life that wasnt shown in the first bunch of issues in the old ASM at the start.

What period of his life? This doesn't fit his estabilished timeline at all. This is clearly the 2010s and he knows MJ already, so that's probably an alternate Earth story.

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctorwj: This is not an alternate earth story as I read the interview with this writer about this series on Marvel.com and they said its in the 616 as they couldnt show characters like Silk here as she would be in the bunker, unless they just showed her in the bunker. So yes it is a re-telling but not an AU.

DoctorWJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctorwj: This is not an alternate earth story as I read the interview with this writer about this series on Marvel.com and they said its in the 616 as they couldnt show characters like Silk here as she would be in the bunker, unless they just showed her in the bunker. So yes it is a re-telling but not an AU.

Great. So now you explain me how they have both teenage Peter and adult Peter in a contemporary set and yet there's no retcon in it.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: For the last time No he didn't know them in school. He met both when he was at Uni. Though MJ is mentioned she is never shown and Peter does not meet her until he is in Uni.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: For the last time No he didn't know them in school. He met both when he was at Uni. Though MJ is mentioned she is never shown and Peter does not meet her until he is in Uni.

http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man_(Peter_Parker)

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By w0nd

@catty_spider1: i just said they reconnected it, that's what this comic is doing. Did you know reed richards was in his later 20's when he met sue, and she was 10 years old...she talked about the first time she knew she loved him.... they retconned that to being the same age because thats freaking weird.

things get reconnected all the time.

have been for years...just roll with it. and it's not like you even HAVE to read these stories...they don't matter that much, you could get by without reading one

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

Looks to me like this is just a flashback series of Peter in high school, with a little MJ and Gwen retconning. Kinda like the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nerdyusername1194
Nerdyusername1194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was not only refreshing but entertaining

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctorwj: This Spidey series is showing the past, and Amazing Spider-Man is showing the present, thats all there is to it.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how many times can they retell the old stories of all the big headliners with the big 2 ??? i had this exact convo with another collector at my LCS the other day with the new superman series.... they continue to retell and retell the same things over and over again. come up with something new to entertain us...

This is basically a spider-man classics and or the same stories of the originals only with modern art and slight tweaks to the original.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Are there two Peter Parkers in the 616 or something? And what decade is this? He seems to have a smart phone in this.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this supposed to be a "modern" retelling of The Amazing Spider-Man? I'm not going to speak for everyone here, but I'm pretty sure some people are tired of going back to the basics when it comes to Spider-Man. This kind of feels unnecessary considering Ultimate Spider-Man isn't outdated or anything.

Moufino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By Moufino

I feel like the reason this book is being made is because of the Civil War film. Spider-man is set to appear, therefore Marvel wants to bring in anybody who wants to read some of his earlier adventures, who would be confused with the modern Parker.

Yamara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thiese guys need to stop stalling and give realese the miles morales comics