Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

SPIDER-GWEN #4

(W) Jason Latour (A/CA) Robbi Rodriguez

• Learn what really happened the day that Peter Parker died!

• Gwen comes face to face with Ben and May Parker!

Item Code: MAR150705In Shops: 5/6/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Should Gwen of all people be harassing graffiti artists?

IAmNotGroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By IAmNotGroot

I hope this series starts introducing new villians. The Vulture is kinda lame. I want to see Venom in this universe.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By donmeca2020

Seems like the hype for this series has died down alot.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By 2cool4fun

@donmeca2020: Well the hype was really just because everyone was so happy to see Gwen again, and now she's a spider-hero, and has the best costume of them all. Tho it shouldn't die out too much, since it's a good comic :)

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@2cool4fun: The first two issues were in the top five of most sold comics for the month of Feb and March. I'm sure it will be the same for this last month. The book gets sold out at my LCS along with Silk. So I'm sure people will still be getting it, even after the hype.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: Well the hype was really just because everyone was so happy to see Gwen again, and now she's a spider-hero, and has the best costume of them all. Tho it shouldn't die out too much, since it's a good comic :)

I personally like her, just got 2 of her variant sent off for grading. from the vibe i got from another site, i was frequenting all the speculators and so fourth has literally disappeared like no tomorrow...

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@humanrocket: Man, people really like Spider characters. I never expected Silk to actually sell so well.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Should Gwen of all people be harassing graffiti artists?

does she? she doesn't in this preview.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure she does, they're just minding their own business, and she sneaks up on them and freaks them out. That's pretty harassy to me.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because all the "hype" about her was from the speculators who bought up all the first print EotSV 2 issues

and sold them in sets witht he variants fo the series

the majority of people running to get the first issues were people that thought they had a gold mine in their hand to sell on ebay. that worked fo rthe first few people but now because there are so many on ebay unsold people have noticed the hype died down and there is no more money to be made from it.

so now strictly the fans are picking up this series. and i enjoy it, but yes the hype was built from the speculators

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:

Because all the "hype" about her was from the speculators who bought up all the first print EotSV 2 issues

and sold them in sets witht he variants fo the series

the majority of people running to get the first issues were people that thought they had a gold mine in their hand to sell on ebay. that worked fo rthe first few people but now because there are so many on ebay unsold people have noticed the hype died down and there is no more money to be made from it.

so now strictly the fans are picking up this series. and i enjoy it, but yes the hype was built from the speculators

I recall seeing Eosv #2 graded 9.8 sell for some big bucks, the Land variant was sold for unbelievable prices. some people did get over on it. now it's apparent it's only the fans that are still going after it. im paitently awaiting my 2 phantom variants back from CGC both first and second prints.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

Sure she does, they're just minding their own business, and she sneaks up on them and freaks them out. That's pretty harassy to me.

saying hi?

seems pretty innocuous to me.

Nolidoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nolidoli

Don't know about anyone else but I'm certainly still buying this, each issue's been great and I love the art.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GalacticFork

@oldnightcrawler said:
@galacticfork said:
@oldnightcrawler said:

saying hi?

Hey, do me a favor, go up to some random stranger, sneak up really close, like within one foot of them when they're not looking and wait till they turn around and face you and then "just say hi." Extra points if you do it in a mask. Tell me if that's actually "saying hi."

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

saying hi?

Hey, do me a favor, go up to some random stranger, sneak up really close, like within one foot of them when they're not looking and wait till they turn around and face you and then "just say hi." Extra points if you do it in a mask. Tell me if that's actually "saying hi."

the mask thing's a fair point. But I still maintain that that's only harassment in the very broadest sense. And it's not in the preview that she sneaks up on them, only that they don't notice her approach.

I'm just saying it's a bit of an assumption that she's there to confront them because they're doing graffiti; kids could be breaking into a construction site after dark for all kinds of reasons, none of which are legal or (as we do see) especially safe. Obviously startling them turned out not to be the best way to check their safety, but there's nothing here to imply that she's there because they're doing graffiti (or even that she meant to startle them, really).